High end over under

Their money to waste isn't it?

I can say the same thing about pickup trucks. It runs and drives....why do you need the caddillac model for double the cost....because you can, or want be a poser and pay thru the ass for it.

Not my money, no judging until you judge someone else negatively for shooting a lower priced gun...then you'll get some negativity.

Some people can't hit shit with whatever they shoot because they are old, have limitations, or don't know what they are doing as well. Its not the gun most times.
Sure is their money. If someone wants to spend 7k on a trap gun cuz it looks Purdy that's all good. Mainly what I'm saying is......if your shooting trap every weekend.....and rarely hit for 20.....that gun isn't helping....or hurting.....your ability to shoot trap. And many if the old codgers do think that way......they change guns ever 2 to 3 months for another 7k gun thinking it'll help their score. Now that.....is f***ing funny.....and as much as they can spend what they want.... I can laugh at what I think is funny. 😂

Better, more consistent patterns, more availability of choke tubes. Instead of full, modified, improved cylinder and cylinder bore, the higher end manufacturers also offer extra full, light full, light modified, improved modified. Higher end guns also have a wider range of spacers for cast adjustment. However, if a person knows how to shoot, you can break plenty of clay targets with an basic shotgun.
Yup.

And generally speaking all that stuff that's available on a high end gun.....isn't going to help someone that sucks at trap. If your hitting in the teens.....the ability to change from full to light full or visa versa isn't going to help....at all.

Last edited:
Sure is their money. If someone wants to spend 7k on a trap gun cuz it looks Purdy that's all good. Mainly what I'm saying is......if your shooting trap every weekend.....and rarely hit for 20.....that gun isn't helping....or hurting.....your ability to shoot trap. And many if the old codgers do think that way......they change guns ever 2 to 3 months for another 7k gun thinking it'll help their score. Now that.....is f***ing funny.....and as much as they can spend what they want.... I can laugh at what I think is funny. 😂

Unless they are limited because that gun doesn’t fit. Then the gun is definitely hurting them.

Ok but like explain them lol

I'm asking I'm not flexing on trap nerds

A Bentley has a v12 motor

Handstitched leather

Looks sexy as hell

They probably kill 7 pigmys trying to bring the tree they cut down in the rainforest for the wood they use in the dash board

Like what upgrades am i getting if i buy a 2-5 k over under for hunting and clays

You are getting a better fitted gun that will last thru many 10s of thousands of rounds. You get barrels that pattern better and are aligned.

They are guns made for shooters. Not someone that thinks 1k is a lot of rounds thru a gun.

Same as with 1911s. A quality gun that can take years of high round counts is worth the money. Ruger SW springfield will fall apart within a year.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.
If you want and can buy an expensive gun, home, car or anything else you desire who cares? You ain’t the boss of me or anyone else.

If you think your Hi Point is just as good as a classic higher end pistol then that’s on you.
I won't argue with you there.

But goes both ways.....if you average 18 from the 16 yard line your kreighoff isn't "better" than they an old model 12 if the guy using it can hit 50 straight with it.

Every guy that has 17 rifles and a nice collection of handguns but can barely hit a car at 100 yards:

snitching-puppet-looking-around-btdgmwshvk0ncvl9.gif

Sometimes you just need to flex on the poors

They are guns made for shooters. Not someone that thinks 1k is a lot of rounds thru a gun.
This is the key and why most people don't get it.

Most people barely shoot their guns so they never get to see the difference.

I would be surprised if more than 10% of the people in this thread get close to shooting 1K rounds through their guns every year.

You are getting a better fitted gun that will last thru many 10s of thousands of rounds. You get barrels that pattern better and are aligned.

Same as with 1911s. A quality gun that can take years of high round counts is worth the money. Ruger SW springfield will fall apart within a year.
I dont think 1k rounds is a lot I said its what I've shot through it and it feels tight like its new.

But I think your argument loses a ton of credibilty with your second statement

S+w and springfield make good running 1911's that will run fine for thousands of rounds

Just sounds like your mentally justifying a higher price tag for stuff

So the fit is a little better? And the barrels pattern slightly better? That's the selling point?

Sometimes you just need to flex on the poors
If your shotgun case isn't a range rover

Go eat ramen you peasant

I would be surprised if more than 10% of the people in this thread get close to shooting 1K rounds through their guns every year.
I dont keep a "round count".....but I know I've already used 8000 primers on my bench this year and I don't really have a butt load of reloads in my stockpile......I consider myself an average volume shooter.

Granted....that's not shotgun ammo I'm reloading. Trap I shoot 3 to 4 rounds a month with whatever I find on sale and I hit 24 to 25 every round. Would a 7k gun benefit me? Probably if I shot 8 rounds a week or more.....then the quality of the gun would show as far as longevity of higher round counts.....and would be mire comfortable to shoot I'm sure which would make multiple rounds in a day more pleasant and keep the score higher. But that's really my point......if you shoot trap 2 times a month you don't NEED a 7k dollar gun.......but if you want one.......thats on the individual. There are many "trapazoids" that have 5k guns.....that break 18 average.....and think a 7k gun will help them break 23......when I'm thinking that they need to probably just learn how to f***ing shoot trap cuz there are plenty of guys out there that can break 23 or 24 with whatever shotgun they are handed and only shoot trap a couple times a month.

Last edited:
I agree and not saying it isn't stupid either.

And those old fxcks know enough by now that its not the gun.......they just enjoy buying new expensive guns. Its probably the only thing left that gives those old grumpy fxcks any joy.

I dont think 1k rounds is a lot I said its what I've shot through it and it feels tight like its new.

But I think your argument loses a ton of credibilty with your second statement

S+w and springfield make good running 1911's that will run fine for thousands of rounds

Just sounds like your mentally justifying a higher price tag for stuff

So the fit is a little better? And the barrels pattern slightly better? That's the selling point?

Will a SW, Springfield run for a few thousand rounds, sure. 25K...nope

I am guessing you have zero experience with putting 25K rounds through a gun....so maybe you shouldn't be talking about other people's credibility.

Skeet and sporting clays only ....I shoot on average 100 rounds a week. Pretty close to 5K rounds a year. Typically thru about 5 guns or so. So each gun sees about 1K a year. I also shoot and shoot at a lot of pheasants and sometimes use the same gun or have others as well. I didn't buy all of them, I inherited quite few, and rotate them accordingly because some of them are made of unobtainium. Ive also bought/sold/traded a lot of them.

This doesn't include any pistol or rifle shooting....but I do a lot less of that.

Will a SW, Springfield run for a few thousand rounds, sure. 25K...nope

I am guessing you have zero experience with putting 25K rounds through a gun....so maybe you shouldn't be talking about other people's credibility.
We are fiesty this morning

I've gotten to 10k on 2 different guns

A glock and a canik... they both looked pretty much new after

I dont shoot 1911s because i hate the platform

But trps are widely considered some of the best 1911's you can buy. And the fbi hrt uses springfield 1911's granted they went custom with them

I think they would hold up just fine.

I had a kimber 10mm with 12k rounds on it looked great

Delta elite that was 30 years old with thousands of rounds through it was fine as well

Most off the shelf guns run just fine for a long time.

Now if you want to spend 3-5k on a 1911/2011 to make the platform less shitty do you boo...

But the every day plane jane options starting at around 1k will do the same thing for pretty much as long as the high end ones

No, I'm bothered by the handful of schmucks that have more money than sense with superiority complexes lol
Eat my shells.

Nothing close to the feeling of superiority because you beat a bunch of old shooters with cataracts and essential tremors at the local trap and yap.

Yay for you

If you want and can buy an expensive gun, home, car or anything else you desire who cares? You ain’t the boss of me or anyone else.

Yep. I've said this many times before here on NES. Life is too short to drive a boring car, live in a dump or not have nice guns that you enjoy having. Everyone lives up to their income in one form or another. If that is expensive guns, then have at it.

I won't argue with you there.

But goes both ways.....if you average 18 from the 16 yard line your kreighoff isn't "better" than they an old model 12 if the guy using it can hit 50 straight with it.
Thats a shooter issue not a gun issue. We all know better made more expensive guns don't make better shooters if the shooter sucks ass. People that pretend that is the case are delusional.

I will argue the Krieghoff is a better gun and will last many thousands of rounds more than a 500 dollar turkish made aluminum framed O/U with a cheaply made action.

Of course for the price is should be.

We are fiesty this morning

I've gotten to 10k on 2 different guns

A glock and a canik... they both looked pretty much new after

I dont shoot 1911s because i hate the platform

But trps are widely considered some of the best 1911's you can buy. And the fbi hrt uses springfield 1911's granted they went custom with them

I think they would hold up just fine.

I had a kimber 10mm with 12k rounds on it looked great

Delta elite that was 30 years old with thousands of rounds through it was fine as well

Most off the shelf guns run just fine for a long time.

Now if you want to spend 3-5k on a 1911/2011 to make the platform less shitty do you boo...

But the every day plane jane options starting at around 1k will do the same thing for pretty much as long as the high end ones

Oh boy....6 months of shooting in a glock and canik....wow

The fact that you think the TRP is the best 1911 you can buy is very telling and using the FBI as justification is just the icing on the cake.

Look, you don't know shit about shooting at high levels and high volumes. Stay in your lane, which is buying 8 of the same lower end guns and posting stupid questions on forums

Yep. I've said this many times before here on NES. Life is too short to drive a boring car, live in a dump or not have nice guns that you enjoy having. Everyone lives up to their income in one form or another. If that is expensive guns, then have at it.
Listen I'm a man of taste...i shoot caniks

So obviously i enjoy the finer things in life

I just want to know how much of an improvement a higher end one makes

I have a 870 pump which i tried to upgrade with a benelli the other day and am glad i didnt

And my yildiz which i like a lot but i am all about that constant improvement life cycle so if there is a good reason for a better one I'm all ears

Oh boy....6 months of shooting in a glock and canik....wow

The fact that you think the TRP is the best 1911 you can buy is very telling and using the FBI as justification is just the icing on the cake.

Look, you don't know shit about shooting at high levels and high volumes. Stay in your lane, which is buying 8 of the same lower end guns and posting stupid questions on forums
So useful information from you on the topic 0

Purse fighting game on point tho

Your condasecnsion has spurred me to go buy a kreighoff though...I've learned the errors of my ways

Nothing close to the feeling of superiority because you beat a bunch of old shooters with cataracts and essential tremors at the local trap and yap.

Yay for you
The old guys at my club don't have superiority complexes about guns, and they do have trouble shooting, but we cheer them on when we can, and are glad they can still shoot. We treat them like the youth shooters are glad they still come out, even if they only hit a few.

The old fudds with gun superiority complexes at other local clubs.....I can't even stand to be around, so I don't go there. Nor do a lot of new shooters either.

The old guys at my club don't have superiority complexes about guns, and they do have trouble shooting, but we cheer them on when we can, and are glad they can still shoot. We treat them like the youth shooters are glad they still come out, even if they only hit a few.

The old fudds with gun superiority complexes at other local clubs.....I can't even stand to be around, so I don't go there. Nor do a lot of new shooters either.
Yeah I shot a few times with a guy who was losing it. He was a great shooter in his day according to one of the guys we were with but age gets us all

Super cool dude we cheered him on every time because you're pulling for those types.

The old saying from a zombie movie if I recall correctly..."The only person that could miss with this gun is the person that can afford it." An O/U that has well regulated barrels will shoot just fine. If you are a really good shot and very serious about clay games, then a higher dollar gun will get you a few more hits per rounds, maybe. This is a fitted to you firearm. It will be more durable and pattern better for lots of shooting. But the net of this is a few more hits per round of clays (This is not my opinion but that opinion of folks that shot alot over the years). I know folks that have had a gun fitted and went the whole nine yards. Trust me they never missed while hunting and honestly were not alot of fun as they were way to serious about NOT missing. They aren't the folks you go to the range with to shoot a few clays.

I have a couple O/U and a couple Semi's. I shoot what I feel like shooting and have good days and bad days. I run only about 3 cases of shells a year nowadays. But I have fun doing it. I hunt pheasant's and take quite a few every year. Enjoying shooting is more important than feeling better than the next guy due to your firearm's price tag. As I started this out about, the only person that can miss with this gun.... Don't be that guy, folks will laugh at you.

The old saying from a zombie movie if I recall correctly..."The only person that could miss with this gun is the person that can afford it." An O/U that has well regulated barrels will shoot just fine. If you are a really good shot and very serious about clay games, then a higher dollar gun will get you a few more hits per rounds, maybe. This is a fitted to you firearm. It will be more durable and pattern better for lots of shooting. But the net of this is a few more hits per round of clays (This is not my opinion but that opinion of folks that shot alot over the years). I know folks that have had a gun fitted and went the whole nine yards. Trust me they never missed while hunting and honestly were not alot of fun as they were way to serious about NOT missing. They aren't the folks you go to the range with to shoot a few clays.

I have a couple O/U and a couple Semi's. I shoot what I feel like shooting and have good days and bad days. I run only about 3 cases of shells a year nowadays. But I have fun doing it. I hunt pheasant's and take quite a few every year. Enjoying shooting is more important than feeling better than the next guy due to your firearm's price tag. As I started this out about, the only person that can miss with this gun.... Don't be that guy, folks will laugh at you.
Lmao

Thats fair

So what dollar range do they start fitting them...i have long arms so that would probably be beneficial...for example i cant stand sks's the length of pull is just too short

I had a bird my dog flushed yesterday make it to the tree line before it dropped... I'd be ok if the difference between that bird dropping 15 feet away and making it to the trees to fall and never be found again was an improved shotty

I told you why higher end guns are better and why lower guns don't work for high volume high level shooters. But you don't seem to understand. That is fine, you aren't at that level, so it wouldn't matter aways
You know what we're just gonna rehash it

Enjoy your day

Back
Top Bottom