How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Still 9+ weeks waiting.

I called my LEO on Friday and the answering machine mentioned the state is backed up and they are just now approving licenses that were submitted between mid January/early February. On top of that It'll still take another 3 weeks to print permits--- I hope it's just a message that hasnt been updated in awhile.

Congrats!!! I should be nearing the mark then. [smile] U had said you were 9+ weeks waiting though, or were u referring to the wait time told to you? Your latter post states 49 days. Either way, best of luck! I am on day 35.

Can you tell me about how it went with Natick? I'm applying in the next few weeks and am curious and would like to be prepared.

In Franklin, MA wait is just over 2 months. I interviewed on Friday. Officer filled out application on line. 72 people in town waiting. Person on top of the list and next in line applied Feb 28th.

called the rehoboth pd the lady that answered the phone was kinda rude about it said it takes 8 weeks and we have a back log. well its been 9 weeks now what.

Last edited:
Yeah I was very excited that it went so fast seeing how so many have been waiting months for theirs. I'm wondering if having a State Police Barracks helps at all with Middleboro? Hopefully you hear back soon on yours.

Yeah I was very excited that it went so fast seeing how so many have been waiting months for theirs. I'm wondering if having a State Police Barracks helps at all with Middleboro? Hopefully you hear back soon on yours.

I don't think so, but have always heard very good things about Middleboro

I guess 26 weeks sounds better than 6 months. Way too long to wait, no matter how nice and friendly the PD is.[/QUOT
In my particular case I needed to obtain court records from out of state going back 23 yrs. and had to list 5 different states where I've lived. Having been a NRA & NC State certified instructor with a full carry kinda of thru them for a loop when my record came back with a felony. Finally got it all sorted out.

Now what gives with this state, not recognizing other states LTC so, no other states recognizes Ma ?
If I'm driving thru NH or out of state for that matter to be legal I'm required to possess a temporary out of state permit or something to that effect ?
What do you guys do when just wanting to drive to Fl.?

Now what gives with this state, not recognizing other states LTC so, no other states recognizes Ma ?
If I'm driving thru NH or out of state for that matter to be legal I'm required to possess a temporary out of state permit or something to that effect ?
What do you guys do when just wanting to drive to Fl.?

First of all Congrats on getting your class a. I applied three weeks ago and have been counting the days, weeks, and hopefully not too many months.

You need no permit to possess firearms in NH as long as you are not federally a prohibited person. You may open carry. You can not carry loaded in a vehicle without a non resident CCW permit. You may not carry concealed with out this permit.
http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/dssp260.pdf

As for traveling to Florida, you are covered under FOPA. Be real careful in NY and NJ though*. As long as your firearms are in a locked container, unloaded, separate from the ammunition, in the locked trunk of your vehicle, you may pass through any state; as long as you are legal where you begin and legal where you end.
Although that is the federal law protecting gun owners, NY and NJ make up their own rules at times. Rule of thumb, avoid those states, and if you can't, don't even stop for gas.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...elling-through-MA-with-handgun?highlight=Fopa

Do a search on FOPA and NH non resident CCW.

Check out
http://www.handgunlaw.us/
for laws in every state you pass through.

photo/prints/application/money order. and he entered it in on the computer while i was sitting there. hopefully that shaves some time off

For general info here is the post on the FRB's website today. Due to the numerous calls they have been getting, they decided to put this notice up on their main web page. It appears that they are running 1-2 weeks to process what PD's have sent them.

Current Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) License Processing Time

As of April 30, 2012 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between April 19th and April 26th.

as we all thought it's the local pd not the FRB and police dept blames it on the FRB

It'a a lot more complex than that.

I don't know the details but do know that there are serious delays taking place that are "allegedly legitimate" (those are the claims).

It'a a lot more complex than that.

I don't know the details but do know that there are serious delays taking place that are "allegedly legitimate" (those are the claims).

I think it's all BS with computers now they shuld be able to find this suff out quick you know they have the means

Fingerprint cards are still done the old fashioned way in MA, paper mailed to MSP and results mailed back to PD. Definitely room for improvement, but no desire to do so and probably no funding either.

Due to personnel cuts I believe that some other backlogs are being created as well.

Well, this week will make 6 months for me in everett. They keep saying the state is backed up. All i can think is how are they going to keep track of all those applications plus the additional 3 letters they require and the copy of the certificate.

From november 11 to may 12 there has got to be over 1500 pieces of paper somewhere.

I wish i could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, this week will make 6 months for me in everett. They keep saying the state is backed up. All i can think is how are they going to keep track of all those applications plus the additional 3 letters they require and the copy of the certificate.

From november 11 to may 12 there has got to be over 1500 pieces of paper somewhere.

I wish i could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I would highly suggest you either call or start emailing your PD. 6 Months is way out of the range I believe. I'm not saying your going to get a response, because i sure haven't. But, i bet if you bug them enough they will just not want to have to deal with you. That could backfire and get them PO'ed but it is your right as well. I believe I had read on here that after 40 days, by law you are supposed to have access to information that would tell you if you have been denied or approved? Add a few more weeks on to that to give them the benefit of the doubt about all the supposed "delays", then i will be calling every week.

For the last 3 Weeks of my wait time I was told its been approved and being processed ! I had asked just what that meant after a 5 mo wait ? All I got was gone to be printed. Go figure !
They couldn't say exactly why, other than they just don't know why its taken so long. Just more smoke & mirrors in IMHO.

Feeling like a mushroom thats been "Kept in the dark & fed shit" I bit the bullet & just waited.

Back
Top Bottom