How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

@cheesypoofs

Yea i have called and last month i wrote a letter to both of my reps, to which one did not respond and another just told me the same thing the PD has been telling me.

And for me to get a lawyer after 40 days and pay all that cash, with the possibility of the PD still saying no or delaying, isnt worth it.

Ive read through this thread a few times and the worst wait i have seen is 10 months, hopefully i wont have to wait that long, but its starting to look that way

According to my LO, the state frb has cut to 2 people handling the licensing requests. He told me it would take a month to send the prints sent out and approved (or whatever the first step is), and then at least another month after that.

According to my LO, the state frb has cut to 2 people handling the licensing requests. He told me it would take a month to send the prints sent out and approved (or whatever the first step is), and then at least another month after that.

If that's really the case, then why are so many people posting here, saying their wait was a reasonable 5 to 9 weeks?? LenS is giving you all sorts of reasons why the PDs are taking so long, but that doesn't explain the extreme discrepancies. I say any wait over 3 months is unacceptable!

Just passing along what was told to me. I obviously can't say if its the truth or not. I fully agree that 3+ months is unacceptable...2 months is bad enough.

My son just applied with our Chief.

(I'm getting old.)

The chief said the state said there seemed to be quite an upurge in applications recently, and that they were pretty behind in getting things processed.

Last edited:
Free cell phone, free cars, EBT cards.

Seriously, almost all money collected in the state goes into the "general fund" and most of that is used for welfare programs. Disgusting but true.

It must cost them something to keep the lists up to date with us and the registered sex offenders.

Last edited:
Well after one of the worst nights at work I've had in a long time, followed by another awesome day today, I got home to a message on my answering machine saying "The FRB approved you're license on May 1st, so you should be seeing it next week". Ahhhh, music to my ears!! I can finally breathe a sigh of relief in knowing that I have been approved and I can start my wish list!

Filed my renewal app this morning. My license does not expire for another 2 months and the licensing officer said he will have to wait a couple of weeks before he sends the paperwork in. Apparently FRB does not like when they send in too early. He said that the latest I should get my new license is sometime in the second half of June.

D/O renewal app. 02/16 (2 weeks before birthday)
returned 03/17 for pics & prints was told 6 weeks
received 05/02
Taunton

Put my renewal app in 8 weeks ago just got lisc today. In my case the town has zero to do with it I'm good friends with the clerk and she sent them the night I applied and is just getting them back now. Why it takes the state 8 weeks to renew is beyond me. With computer databases it should take no more than 5 days

Hi Everyone,

My LTC expires in November. How many weeks should I apply for the renewal? I live in MA.

Also, I had a buddy just apply for his LTC and now there's a mandate for 3 letter of recommendations??? When the hell did this happen? What other lovely surprises do I have to deal with for my renewal??

Your recent experience would help a lot! Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

My LTC expires in November. How many weeks should I apply for the renewal? I live in MA.

Also, I had a buddy just apply for his LTC and now there's a mandate for 3 letter of recommendations??? When the hell did this happen? What other lovely surprises do I have to deal with for my renewal??

I think that the letters of recommendation are for first time applicants, at least that's how it is for my town (a red town) and I hear many of the green towns do not even ask for letters.

Hi Everyone,

Your best bet is to call your LO and ask him these questions. Ultimately, you are turning your stuff into him, not us. While we all can give our own personal experiences, it may not be the real deal for your town... just my .02 [grin]

Hey, What's up guys/gals? Was finally able to apply on 5/4. My fault. I ended up having to meet with the CLEO. He was a very nice guy and I was expected to be interrogated by about my past. After about two minutes of questioning me, hey looks an says I'll grant the Class A. But if you mess up is gone. That don't matter to me I don't get in trouble anymore. My question do you think their will be restrictions on it? I live in a green town. (westfield). Anyone apply lately?
Thanks,
Big_D

Very excited! Heard back from an email i had sent out about a week and a half ago and got a call today from the PD. Very nice lady on the phone, said my license will be in in 2-3 weeks and that she just is waiting to hear back from the state.

Back
Top Bottom