• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I honestly need to know...

Oh boy, here comes a newbie to tell us all that we have the wrong guns.

[laugh] HK triggers are horrible, what are you talking about?? Have you ever even shot a Glock in your short time of having an LTC?
I am relatively new. But not saying you have the wrong gun.
If you read anything I've posted, you'd see that I'm curious.

My vp9 trigger was fine. My usp 9mm trigger is fine as well.
I mod because I can and I like to fiddle.
The only hk I've fired that I didn't like the trigger was the p30.

No, I haven't handled a glock yet. I haven't felt the need too. Hence the curiosity words used throughout.

What is the obsession with glock?
And their marketing slogan of glock perfection.

I mean, I understand the appeal that the aftermarket is vast and huge.
But, when you are done with modding it, it's not even a glock anymore really.

Their design is uninspiring, they all look like carbon copies of each other.

From a reliability standpoint, just about every newish gun is the same

I'd rank it as the basic bitch gun of the gun world along with M&P's.

But maybe thats just me.
Some buy things cuz looks cool ( guilty ).
Some because they are tools that get the job done.

They are ultra dangerous and blow up because they are made in commie Austria. Did you know Hitler was born in Austria? That means Glocks are literally Nazis. Nothing like a trusty 1911 that won three world wars. I carry condition retard: no round in the pipe and 5 in the magazine. If you can’t hit what your shooting at with 5 rounds, you shouldn’t own guns.

People like what they like. I'm not a Glock fan, but they are fine guns. It's just me. I got m first gun around '85 and wanted to be cutting edge. It was really in my view Sig vs. Glock. I went one way and that was it. I like Sigs. I like what they've done with the line. But I can't dis Glocks.

Berettas on the other hand... . Again, not a bad gun, nothing wrong with it, but why? There's nothing great about it either Lots to like about Glocks, they just don't get me off.

Costs more than you make in a month.
Thats why.

No and no

well not right now but 6months ago

Seen them in stock last week. As a note, Glock's Blue Label program quite recently changed eligibility, but GSSF is still an option if you're not one of the special ed--err I mean special category people..

See the source image

Ha! the CZ! choice of secret police forces world wide. Enjoy your tool of oppression. To paraphrase Kruschnev (I think) " we will sell you the guns that we subsequently confiscate and shoot you with".

M&P - volkspistole. Eat lead Stasi man!
Now that's diversity!

It's rare for a new entrant in an established industry to totally change it, but that's exactly what Glock did. It didn't hurt that Charles Schumer raised public awareness of the brand with his mistaken belief that the Glock 17 could fool metal detectors, but here's what Glock brought to the table in the early 1980's:
  • Fewer machined parts
  • Fewer parts in general.
  • Striker Fired
  • Safe Action Trigger instead of a manual safety.
  • Polymer Frame.
  • Integrated Rail
  • Magazines that didn't quite work. :-(
The result was a pistol with more capacity for its weight that, once they firmed up the magazines, worked and worked well.

Eventually the rest of the industry caught on and caught up, but not before Glock pretty much dominated the U.,S. law enforcement market. Personal preferences will vary, but a Glock is still a perfectly reasonable choice today. And of course, if you live in Massachusetts, owning one raises a figurative finger at Maura Healey, which is a plus for me.
So you’re saying Shumer‘s been a d*ckhead since the 80s...

True. I actually have one. Should have noticed. Great gun for like 2 dollars at a yard sale.
I must disagree. The SD is an excellent gun and I've always had excellent experiences with them.
Makes a great first-time gun that runs great at the range and in Home Defense...

Very "Glockesque"

I'll double your money and give you $4 Dollars for yours... [smile]

I must disagree. The SD is an excellent gun and I've always had excellent experiences with them.
Makes a great first-time gun that runs great at the range and in Home Defense...

Very "Glockesque"
I agree with you 100% . Great gun works great. But 99% of the weight is in the slide and barrel. When you take it down what does the lower weigh? 2 ounces at most? It is like a glock but it is much lighter in the polymer. That part I don't like. I also dont like the value enhanced name. But yes on the other hand. Never had a problem

I agree with you 100% . Great gun works great. But 99% of the weight is in the slide and barrel. When you take it down what does the lower weigh? 2 ounces at most? It is like a glock but it is much lighter in the polymer. That part I don't like. I also dont like the value enhanced name. But yes on the other hand. Never had a problem
That heavy top end is great for new shooters who are recoil shy. Is it perfect? Hell no. But it will work when it is called on...every time.

So... no sale?

Back
Top Bottom