Is a FAL or HK91 necessary for my collection???

I've read of some folks having quality issues with PTRs.

I've had one for a couple years and only had issues with Winchester white box ammo. Everything else has been great.

If anyone is interested, I am going to be putting it up for sale as soon as I get a few minutes to post thread and take pictures

Two home builds when parts kits (with barrels), were plentiful and inexpensive.

One on a DSA receiver and the other on a DCI

RWelXKl.jpg

lwCFFCM.jpg

I know the glass on the bottom one is kind of silly (I had originally planned on purchasing a TriLux SUIT),
but I was curious what the set up would be like.

Pre-ban M1A mags are spendy, unfortunately. Heavy, too.

Well, sort of, depending on who is selling them. Obviously if you're buying in an MA gun shop, you'll probably pay too much. The only reason 91 mags are so damned cheap is there are literally 10 times the amount of mags around as there are rifles. For every 91/G3/CETME in use there are probably 100 magazines waiting to be bought.

-Mike

Just talked to Mass-Diver and I'll be picking up his JLD Enterprises, Inc PTR-91 on Sunday. Looking at the reviews, this A-Series rifle eats just about any ammo and has many original HK parts in them. Can't wait to hit the range with it.

My son just picked up a ptr91 at overwatch outpost in charlemont . We did a little informal plinking in the backyard . 60 rounds of mixed ammo just to shoot for function and rifle had no hickups of any kind . Just a first impression from a m1a guy this seems like a good solid rifle.

Forgot to add in previous posts. Both rifles need a port buffer but without one the HK91 /G3 will destroy brass, FAL variants are easier on brass.

I wont use steel cased ammo in any of my rifles as the way I see it the brass cases are the sacrificial part.

Im sure the Blake Stevens book "The Fal" will confirm this.

aa943a4970ffbe4977daa18a8bcd2f21.jpg

Here's my 1st 75yd target.... with pretty rapid firing.... my PTR91C
NEW to me.... has one of those Hensoldt scope and Schubrichtung mounts....

b79605934c33e480a7723bca5a3c9520.jpg

I'm pretty sure that your, loaded M1A with iron sights can shrink that group from the scoped PTR91C at 75 yards and shrink it significantly.

If you are referring to my post.... I'll bet you're right. I have a 4X28mm Optic on it, not much of a magnification, but enough to see the target with these old eyes. It wasn't my best attempt, just a kind of quick, pick up the target and pull the trigger. I was anxious to walk down and check it. To be honest, I was surprised to see I even hit the target, let alone every round on target.. My ADHD is really bad these days.. My first target, at 50yds, was pretty good for me. I started off shooting one of my Colt Match Target rifles with open sights, was also pleasantly surprised at the pattern. I have to say, I really enjoyed shooting it, look forward to have a few hours to relax at the range and shoot for more accuracy. I had an hour to check out the Colt MT, PTR91 and a Glock 22 I just put together... I'll bring one of the M1a's next time..... I have all 3 of them.. 16,18 and 22".... which one should I use..

If you are referring to my post.... I'll bet you're right. I have a 4X28mm Optic on it, not much of a magnification, but enough to see the target with these old eyes. It wasn't my best attempt, just a kind of quick, pick up the target and pull the trigger. I was anxious to walk down and check it.

Maybe you didn't slap it hard enough? [smile]

Back
Top Bottom