Is a FAL or HK91 necessary for my collection???

Well looky looky what Four Seasons just put up for sale today!

HK Details HK91 .308 A020xxx $3749.99 SEE DESCRIPTION
HK Details SR9 7.62X51 46-003xxx $3999.99 SEE DESCRIPTION

Just for kicks. Anyone remember that HK-91 SBR with telescoping stock in the classifieds like 4-5 years ago? Location was Cambridge of all places and price was just north of 4K?
Never considered it but man did I drool over that for weeks. One sexy stick.

A few weeks ago I spotted the rarest FN FAL I have ever seen...I actually thought about buying it but couldnt justify buying it..

I dont suppose anyone here is famaliar with the FN FAL amnesty list ?

The rifle I was considering was one of 5 and it was 15,000.00.

This isnt the rifle but its in the same catagory....The G series
http://www.gseriesfal.com/photos/g3088.html

I could make a hk g3 available if your looking for one... Im sure you would rather a genuine article rather than a pos PTR.

Or maybe a nice FAL with a fixed stock.
EM for pics.

I think the G3 is too rich for my blood, from what I've seen they're north of $3k, and I'm no where near that neighborhood at the moment. The wife would be like "blah blah blah retirement, blah blah blah kids college funds, etc''. I'm going back and forth between the PTR and FAL. Of course, with my price range it'd probably have to be a DSA or or Imbel, I doubt I have FN money either.

I think the G3 is too rich for my blood, from what I've seen they're north of $3k, and I'm no where near that neighborhood at the moment. The wife would be like "blah blah blah retirement, blah blah blah kids college funds, etc''. I'm going back and forth between the PTR and FAL. Of course, with my price range it'd probably have to be a DSA or or Imbel, I doubt I have FN money either.

Why does your wife know what a G3 costs? You're doing it wrong. ;)

So the question really becomes are these rifles actually worth getting and adding into the collection?
They are both classics and you will be delighted to have either in the safe.

That being said, some of us are happy having only AR10 style .308's in our ordnance locker.

Workmanship Materials Function....
Same as most 1911's I own I have had better experiences with the real deal more than the clone...With one exception...With the DSA FAL clone It works equal to the FN's
Ill own a HK G3 or nothing. Its more about personal preference than negative experience.
And the value of the HK is way way past 3k as its a 60's import.

so what negative experience have you had, maybe you can fill us in... you know... help a brother out...

Workmanship Materials Function....
Same as most 1911's I own I have had better experiences with the real deal more than the clone...With one exception...With the DSA FAL clone It works equal to the FN's
Ill own a HK G3 or nothing. Its more about personal preference than negative experience.

ok... fair enough... I haven't experienced any fail in any of those areas.. not to mention, pretty much all the reviews I've found looked really, really good..

Well the DSA was/is a better pick than a HK G3 clone IMO.

Im guessing 1500-2000 ballpark for the DSA FAL.

Good hunting..

Well the DSA was/is a better pick than a HK G3 clone IMO.

Im guessing 1500-2000 ballpark for the DSA FAL.

Good hunting..

The DSA StG58 FALs were (at least originally) built up using original Austrian parts kits on a new DSA forged receiver. The DSA receivers are allegedly better than the FN originals. I think the earlier DSA guns were built using new or like new parts, and as the years went on they started using more and more refinished parts. You can supposedly figure much of this out with their serial number ranges. They make lots of their own parts now, I think, and sell them as SA58s. I have one of the fairly early ones and everything on the thing looks like new.

I think some people are using the term G3 (full auto) when they may mean HK91 (semi auto equivalent).

The cool think about the G3/HK91 is that pre-ban 20 rounders go for about $5 each.

If the OP buys HK 91 or equivilent Ill send him free of charge a few surplus 20 rnd mags ive had for the last 30 years.

I bought more than I could ever load up and have ready many many years ago.

Saaaaweeeeeet.... It's always a good thing when we can deal with each other here... I'm meeting another member at lunch for another trade of revolvers..

I'd also suggest RTG Parts if you needed mags, but I think you may not need any... [smile]

Back
Top Bottom