Is this lame and/or mass legal?

Mall ninja. Wouldn't putting both a pistol grip and a collapsible stock on a post-ban 10/22 violate the MA AWB?

I think its a practical tool for teaching new shooters of varying sizes...

It only becomes mall ninja when the flashlights and lasers come out.

There's uses for it...A good way to get a very new shooter comfortable with an AR-15 style gun w/o stepping up to .223 or buying a dedicated AR upper (or full gun) in .22, for instance.

If I had a preban 10/22 with a damaged stock, I'd consider one "just because." Besides, I'm pretty sure it'd allow for a nice adjustable standard AR stock like a Magpul PRS.

I'm still pretty partial to a nice wood thumbhole stock w/ a looong LOP and high comb both for looks and utility.

I was actually thinking of putting one of these stocks on my Yugo SKS. Since it has a fixed 10 rnd mag, it doesn't violate the law. Decided against it as money was used for something else. Thought it looked "cool" at the time.

yea they always have those in stock at cabellas. I think I would consider it if I had more than 1 sks, and definitely if one of those had a bad stock.

That said, paging Ray, why dont you have one for an sks???

Which requires the 10/22 to have been in a banned config on 9/13/94.

Proving that (either way) is fun, of course. Most preban 10/22s I see have the obligatory choate folder and chinsy screw-on flash hider. Whether or not they were equipped that way when the ban passed, or not, is another story. [laugh]

-Mike

The SAW-style pistol grip has a hidden compartment, and concealed under a cover in the forearm is a Picatinny rail on which you can mount forward grips, bipods or a light.
This puts it past "Tacticool" and into mall ninja territory.

I may have to order one and tart Sting up a bit.

Which requires the 10/22 to have been in a banned config on 9/13/94.
Gee... I sold my old collapsible stock years ago. [rolleyes]

I have a Christies super stock(very similar to the Tapco one) on my pre-ban 10/22. I also installed tech sights which are almost identical to AR sights. Is it mall ninja tacticool? I would say yes, but no more so then if I had a .22 upper or conversion for one of my AR's. I also own a GSG-5 which IMNSHO is even more over the top tacticool. Thankfully for me, I think realistically enough to know what these firearms are (cool looking, cheap and fun to shoot range guns) and use them for exactly that.

The stock 10/22 is way too small for me to shoot accurately so if I had one I would make it as close to an M16/M4 as I could. That, at least, I know I can shoot well.

Serial but it still had to have been in a "AW" configuration before the ban.
I think the Ruger site has the serials and dates.
Of course, since there's no RECORD of when you might have put a collapsible stock on it, it's pretty darn hard to prove that you either did or didn't have it as such...

Back
Top Bottom