Let the R.I. panic buying begin!

OH PLEASE!!! I have heard enough of so called patriots who will also do nothing when it eventually happens in their state. Nobody in this country has the balls to exercise their 2nd amendment rights as they were meant to be used. Not until we are broke, hungry freezing with zero hope for the future will anybody ever do anything.
Spot on.

scoff·law
/ˈskôflô/

noun
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

1. a person who flouts the law, especially by failing to comply with a law that is difficult to enforce effectively.
    "...scofflaws who have kept their AR magazines for future use."

What did they end up doing to get this done? I thought they didn't have the votes to do it yesterday and only the other two parts of the bill would pass.
The Senate bill regarding the mag ban (S-2653) followed the normal legislative process that required it to get passed in committee before going to the floor for a full Senate vote. But the committee's vote on the bill tied (6-to-6 I think), which meant it could not be brought to the floor for a vote. However, Senate leadership circumvented the process and brought the identical House bill (already passed in House) directly to the floor for a vote, enabling its passage. It appears this slight-of-hand action has never been done in the RI Senate.

Is there a cop carve out for retired cops? And retired mil?

God I hope not. F that crap.

It's almost as if MA had cancer and is going through treatment and RI just got diagnosed with it and the people of MA are pointing and laughing at them.

Is this about right?

No. It’s people in nearby somewhat more free states laughing at mASS for so long. “You are one bad mistake from this happening in your back yard.” Nope. No one listens.

This is a NATIONWIDE fight. You can’t move far enough away from it. Fight here or in your state. You choose.

Here's the full text of the House bill that the Senate ramrodded past the Judiciary Committee...

.22 rimfire is exempt, as well as a carveout for LE and active duty military.

CHAPTER 47.1
4LARGE CAPACITY FEEDING DEVICE BAN OF 2022
511-47.1-1. Short title.
6This chapter shall be known and may be cited as the "Rhode Island Large Capacity Feeding
7Device Ban Act of 2022."
811-47.1-2. Definitions.
9As used in this chapter:
10(1) "Federally licensed firearm dealer" means a person who holds a valid federal firearm
11dealers license issued pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 923(a).
12(2) "Large capacity feeding device" means a magazine, box, drum, tube, belt, feed strip,
13or other container which is capable of holding more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition to be fed
14continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. The term "large capacity
15feeding device" shall include an ammunition feeding device with a removable floor plate or end
16plate, if the device can readily be extended to accept more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition. The
17term shall not include an attached tubular device which is capable of holding only .22 caliber rimfire
18ammunition.
111-47.1-3. Large capacity feeding devices prohibited.
2(a) No person, except for a federally licensed firearms dealer, shall manufacture, sell, offer
3to sell, transfer, purchase, possess, or have under his or her control a large capacity feeding device,
4except as otherwise authorized under this chapter. Any person convicted of violating the provisions
5of this section shall be punished by imprisonment of not more than five (5) years, or by a fine of
6up to five thousand dollars ($5,000), and the large capacity feeding device shall be subject to
7forfeiture.
8(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to:
9(1) Any person who, on the effective date of this chapter, lawfully possessed a large
10capacity feeding device; provided that, within one hundred eighty (180) days of the effective date
11of this chapter the person:
12(i) Permanently modifies the large capacity feeding device such that it cannot hold more
13than ten (10) rounds of ammunition;
14(ii) Surrenders the large capacity feeding device to the police department in the city or town
15where the person resides in accordance with the procedures for surrender of weapons set forth by
16the police department or the Rhode Island state police, or, if there is no such police department or
17the person resides out of state, to the Rhode Island state police; or
18(iii) Transfers or sells the large capacity feeding device to a federally licensed firearm
19dealer or person or firm outside the state of Rhode Island that is lawfully entitled to own or possess
20such a feeding device.
21(2)(i) Any law enforcement officer exempt under §§ 11-47-9 and 11-47-9.1; or
22(ii) A retired law enforcement officer exempt under §§ 11-47-9 and 11-47-9.1 who is not
23otherwise prohibited from receiving such a feeding device from such agency upon retirement, and
24who has a permit to carry pursuant to § 11-47-18(b).
25(3) An active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard
26who is authorized to possess and carry such a feeding device.
27SECTION 2. This act shall take effect upon passage.

God I hope not. F that crap.

Has there been any ban in the history of banning that didn't carve out an exemption for the enforcers of those bans?

Even retired cops usually get an exemption in case they ever need volunteers to go door to door to enforce the Kings will, they will be ready.

The Senate bill regarding the mag ban (S-2653) followed the normal legislative process that required it to get passed in committee before going to the floor for a full Senate vote. But the committee's vote on the bill tied (6-to-6 I think), which meant it could not be brought to the floor for a vote. However, Senate leadership circumvented the process and brought the identical House bill (already passed in House) directly to the floor for a vote, enabling its passage. It appears this slight-of-hand action has never been done in the RI Senate.

Okay. So the version that passed was the House version, with nothing added by the Senate? In other words, the Senate allowed itself to be a literal rubber-stamp for the House?

Just trying to make sure I'm getting this...

Okay. So the version that passed was the House version, with nothing added by the Senate? In other words, the Senate allowed itself to be a literal rubber-stamp for the House?

Just trying to make sure I'm getting this...
Correct. See Rubbers Ruggerio, yes his name is rubbers because he got caught shoplifting condoms at CVS and still ends up one of the most powerful pols in the state, must've made some promises to the mom's in exchange for some hefty Bloomturd money I'm sure and then was beat by his own committee. So being the pathetic shyster he is he said "Stay tuned" and used some bs mechanism that he and his lieutenants could just get 2/3rds of the senate to agree to hear the house bill, and AMAZINGLY got exactly 2/3rds to agree to take the house bill itself directly to senate floor which is basically unheard of at least to me. Short story long

Here's the full text of the House bill that the Senate ramrodded past the Judiciary Committee...

.22 rimfire is exempt, as well as a carveout for LE and active duty military.

CHAPTER 47.1
4LARGE CAPACITY FEEDING DEVICE BAN OF 2022
511-47.1-1. Short title.
6This chapter shall be known and may be cited as the "Rhode Island Large Capacity Feeding
7Device Ban Act of 2022."
811-47.1-2. Definitions.
9As used in this chapter:
10(1) "Federally licensed firearm dealer" means a person who holds a valid federal firearm
11dealers license issued pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 923(a).
12(2) "Large capacity feeding device" means a magazine, box, drum, tube, belt, feed strip,
13or other container which is capable of holding more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition to be fed
14continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. The term "large capacity
15feeding device" shall include an ammunition feeding device with a removable floor plate or end
16plate, if the device can readily be extended to accept more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition. The
17term shall not include an attached tubular device which is capable of holding only .22 caliber rimfire
18ammunition.
111-47.1-3. Large capacity feeding devices prohibited.
2(a) No person, except for a federally licensed firearms dealer, shall manufacture, sell, offer
3to sell, transfer, purchase, possess, or have under his or her control a large capacity feeding device,
4except as otherwise authorized under this chapter. Any person convicted of violating the provisions
5of this section shall be punished by imprisonment of not more than five (5) years, or by a fine of
6up to five thousand dollars ($5,000), and the large capacity feeding device shall be subject to
7forfeiture.
8(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to:
9(1) Any person who, on the effective date of this chapter, lawfully possessed a large
10capacity feeding device; provided that, within one hundred eighty (180) days of the effective date
11of this chapter the person:
12(i) Permanently modifies the large capacity feeding device such that it cannot hold more
13than ten (10) rounds of ammunition;
14(ii) Surrenders the large capacity feeding device to the police department in the city or town
15where the person resides in accordance with the procedures for surrender of weapons set forth by
16the police department or the Rhode Island state police, or, if there is no such police department or
17the person resides out of state, to the Rhode Island state police; or
18(iii) Transfers or sells the large capacity feeding device to a federally licensed firearm
19dealer or person or firm outside the state of Rhode Island that is lawfully entitled to own or possess
20such a feeding device.
21(2)(i) Any law enforcement officer exempt under §§ 11-47-9 and 11-47-9.1; or
22(ii) A retired law enforcement officer exempt under §§ 11-47-9 and 11-47-9.1 who is not
23otherwise prohibited from receiving such a feeding device from such agency upon retirement, and
24who has a permit to carry pursuant to § 11-47-18(b).
25(3) An active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard
26who is authorized to possess and carry such a feeding device.
27SECTION 2. This act shall take effect upon passage.
.22 Magnum is .22 rimfire. It also has wonderful performance.....just sayin. [laugh]
You catch a .22magnum in the chest or head, you're not going too far.

Only thing that the folks from Rogue Island need to remember when going to states and gun shops where those magazines can be purchased without be asked for ID or being videoed is to use cash. Oh, and shut your mouths.
Some people just can't do that. They'll start a thread here about it

Has there been any ban in the history of banning that didn't carve out an exemption for the enforcers of those bans?
Some dumbass state outlawed some [aspect of] police service handguns,
and had to pass an emergency amendment to add the usual loophole.

Someone will doubtless relate the specific tale forthwith.
(@Rob Boudrie?)

ETA: "aspect of". No point in being overly specific.

Last edited:
Some dumbass state outlawed some police service handguns,

(@Rob Boudrie?)
Don't know about that one, but I know during the 1994-2004 period, privately employed but sworn officer status LEOS were, according to the ATF, not covered by the LE exemption and at least one agency I know of downgraded their officer's mags on newly issued handguns to 10 rounds.

“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.”​

Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged.

Some dumbass state outlawed some [aspect of] police service handguns,

(@Rob Boudrie?)

ETA: "aspect of". No point in being overly specific.
I thought I remembered a relatively recent mag ban in the (approximate) NW area that needed adjustment days after it passed because it failed to exempt LE. CO maybe? Or WA?

I thought I remembered a relatively recent mag ban in the (approximate) NW area that needed adjustment days after it passed because it failed to exempt LE. CO maybe? Or WA?

I think it was the NY SAFE act.

Cops were against the SAFE act until they were exempt then they were for it lol

1655380085804.png

Every single Glock mag I own has a removable base plate.

I have plus-five base plates for my 17 rounds mags for USPSA Carry Optic. They'll fit on the 10 rounders; (no point, but they'll fit).

View attachment 627227

I have plus-five base plates for my 17 rounds mags for USPSA Carry Optic. They'll fit on the 10 rounders; (no point, but they'll fit).
Be thankful the language is in the bill, it will help move your case through the courts quickly in the next 180 days

That's awfully weird to put that in there. :( Somebody doesn't understand magazine construction. 🤔

Might it have something to do with circumventing the hack that Coloradans came up with about ten years ago, where they'd sell mag "kits" that got around their ban?

Not sure. Just spitballin'.

Even retired cops usually get an exemption in case they ever need volunteers to go door to door to enforce the Kings will, they will be ready.

Yeah. That's not the reason. The reason is cops threaten the politicians. Same reason mASS has tried to eliminate the police details - AS WE ARE THE ONLY STATE IN THE NATION TO STILL HAVE THEM - and then it quietly goes away when the thugs in blue suits come in with, "It'z'd be a shame if you wuz to be in trubble and we'z couldn'tz getz toya in time."

A friend of mine who has since passed was a great man. He was a good cop. And deep down, he was a F'ing "protect cops" thug. And old coworker's dad was a LT. Same thing. "You never drive fast going to a call. These young kids don't get it. You put on the sirens and you get there safe. The only time you speed is if it's an officer in distress. Everyone else put themselves in that problem in the first place." o_O

Yeah. That's not the reason. The reason is cops threaten the politicians. Same reason mASS has tried to eliminate the police details - AS WE ARE THE ONLY STATE IN THE NATION TO STILL HAVE THEM - and then it quietly goes away when the thugs in blue suits come in with, "It'z'd be a shame if you wuz to be in trubble and we'z couldn'tz getz toya in time."

A friend of mine who has since passed was a great man. He was a good cop. And deep down, he was a F'ing "protect cops" thug. And old coworker's dad was a LT. Same thing. "You never drive fast going to a call. These young kids don't get it. You put on the sirens and you get there safe. The only time you speed is if it's an officer in distress. Everyone else put themselves in that problem in the first place." o_O
That's why I love when the anti's think they don't have to worry about self defense because that's what 911 is for. I always tell those fools the same thing, the cop's will get there just in time to draw the chalk outline around your body.

I think it was the NY SAFE act.

Cops were against the SAFE act until they were exempt then they were for it lol
Sorry, not claiming that's [not] true,
but I'm thinking of some bill somewhere that was signed
before they spotted the fly in the ointment,
and had to be patched with another (emergency) law.

ETA: Had omitted the "not".

Last edited:
View attachment 627227

Basically, with this language, SIG can't sell the P365, since it comes with mags that have a block to keep it at 10 rounds but can easily be removed.

It's almost as if MA had cancer and is going through treatment and RI just got diagnosed with it and the people of MA are pointing and laughing at them.

Is this about right?
No one should be laughing about this. This is bad for all of us no matter what state you live in. Anti-gun laws are the cancer and it could continue to spread across this country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom