Let the R.I. panic buying begin!

Basically, with this language, SIG can't sell the P365, since it comes with mags that have a block to keep it at 10 rounds but can easily be removed.
Pretty much every handgun magazine has a removeable baseplate that allows for an extension to be added to increase capacity beyond 10 rds.

The law is written in such a way that all magazines must be banned.

Pretty much every handgun magazine has a removeable baseplate that allows for an extension to be added to increase capacity beyond 10 rds.

this is what you would be stuck with

1655410139973.png

You know, New York is treading on dangerous ground with their body armor law.

Someone getting pulled over that has body armor on or in the vehicle and is looking at 20 years might just be pushed over the edge and decide that if he's going to do 20 in the pen, it might as well be for something worth his while and decide that the cop pulling him over isn't going home after his shift.

Stupid democrats never look down the line at the unintended consequences of the shit they pass.

You know, New York is treading on dangerous ground with their body armor law.

Someone getting pulled over that has body armor on or in the vehicle and is looking at 20 years might just be pushed over the edge and decide that if he's going to do 20 in the pen, it might as well be for something worth his while and decide that the cop pulling him over isn't going home after his shift.

Stupid democrats never look down the line at the unintended consequences of the shit they pass.
Didn’t all the libs buy their kids backpack armor?

Last edited:

Baseplates are removable so that you can clean the magazines and replace the spring/follower if need be.

MA had a grandfather clause.
Yeah, that's a big difference and a major reason I don't see this law holding up in court and the RI gov't has set itself up for a judicial smackdown because their entire argument against a grandfather clause is it would make the magazine law unenforceable, but the law is written in such a way that it outlaws all magazines, so the only option is people can't own semiautomatics unless they have a fixed magazine.

Even California doesn't have a magazine law written this poorly.

ETA: Oh, and the way the law is written, some semi auto shotguns are banned because their tubular magazines can hold more than 10 rounds of the Aguila minishells.

Last edited:
Are there any other firearms and accessories related bans that don't have a grandfather clause or is RI testing the waters as the first?

Are there any other firearms and accessories related bans that don't have a grandfather clause or is RI testing the waters as the first?
Yeah, RI banned bump-stocks in 2019 and the last time I saw any info on this, not one bump-stock had been turned in to State Police. Not one!

With the current mag ban, I suspect the results will be very similar.

Fortunately, legal challenges are already being prepared in anticipation of Gov Mckee signing the ban into law.

Isn't there a case out west that found 10 rounds only magazines unconstitutional. I thought it was working up through the courts. If it makes the supreme court it all will be over turned, including in MA.

California is still going through theirs. If you recall the awesome judge who ruled the "possession" part of the mag ban unconstitutional and places started selling mags in Cali again then the AG appealed to the 3 judges and Cali lost AGAIN but then of course went to the full 9th and the court ruled in favor of Cali. But those 2-1 rulings should make it ripe for SCOTUS so we'll see

Isn't there a case out west that found 10 rounds only magazines unconstitutional. I thought it was working up through the courts. If it makes the supreme court it all will be over turned, including in MA.

NY SAFE act was originally a ban for anything bigger than 7 but some judge struck that down, and they quickly went to 10. That still stands.

Yeah, that's a big difference and a major reason I don't see this law holding up in court and the RI gov't has set itself up for a judicial smackdown because their entire argument against a grandfather clause is it would make the magazine law unenforceable, but the law is written in such a way that it outlaws all magazines, so the only option is people can't own semiautomatics unless they have a fixed magazine.
Playing the leftist anti-2A politician role for a moment...

The grandfather clause was deemed workable for the original Federal AWB and the continuing MA AWB because of the Federally-required marking of hi-caps started in 1994 ("LEO and Export Only)... so it was very obvious to even the least informed cop what was what for the next 10 years. It also enabled the MA AWB 10-round limit with grandfather clause to be continued past 2004 with an acceptably high degree of identifyability to our overlords (even though a certain nutcase pol from Natick screams otherwise).

The problem down in Little Rhody is that they have had 100% magazine freedom since 2004 (and back-filled into the previous ban years)... so it really is impossible now for a cop to enforce a new ban with a grandfather clause because every hi-cap magazine in RI, now and forever, could be a "pre-ban." They could never prove otherwise as it stands today.

The removable baseplate thing is a separate issue and yes, it has to be struck down. It is technically absurd as written. đź‘Ž

Last edited:
They write these things to stop sales. Enforceability is less of a concern to the legislature, they assume the courts will figure it out. The fact that that’s hard hasn’t stopped Colorado or Vermont who are in the same position as RI, a state full of new mags.

They write these things to stop sales. Enforceability is less of a concern to the legislature, they assume the courts will figure it out.
I agree with you to a very large degree. Kinda like the same with the Maura decree. Stopping sales is 95% of the battle against us in the eyes of the anti pols.

I am not familiar with the ban laws in the other states you mentioned.

Let’s just say that Colorado has a lot of people openly flouting the magazine ban. In this case, sales didn’t even stop.
“This is a 30-round mag; we have to sell it as parts,” said the employee at Iron Horse Armory. “That’s one of Colorado’s retarded laws.”

“We’re a sanctuary county, we don’t give a f---. We just sell everything as is, preassembled,” said an employee at Family Firearms Sales

No one should be laughing about this. This is bad for all of us no matter what state you live in. Anti-gun laws are the cancer and it could continue to spread across this country.

You're confusing "I told you so" with "Hahah!"

Hey R.I. Welcome to the club. The club of government.

View attachment 627442

Just like this. There is no joy in pointing out that people should have been fighting this shit on MASSACHUSETTS soil.

When they came for the ma**h***s, I did nothing because I wasn't a ma**h***.
When they came for Vermonsters, I did nothing because I wasn't a Vermonster.
When they radically changed the laws in RI, HEY WHAT IS THIS SHIT!?!?!?!?!?!

At least I don't think I've heard from people here somehow blaming mASS for this. . . . yet. LOL. (Unlike whiny New Hamsters who blame all of their ills on MA.)

Let’s just say that Colorado has a lot of people openly flouting the magazine ban. In this case, sales didn’t even stop.

“Seeing those businesses operating under a loophole that’s in our statute, is just sickening to me,” Fields said after seeing the undercover video shot inside Colorado gun stories in October.

Fields said this is not what she had in mind when she sponsored the bill.

“The whole goal, when I ran the bill in 2013, was to limit that capacity,” she said.

Well, f*** you Fields for your unconstitutional law. There are many of us out here that don't care what laws you write for the proles.

NY SAFE act was originally a ban for anything bigger than 7 but some judge struck that down, and they quickly went to 10. That still stands.
I'm talking about this one.

"Plaintiffs have announced their intention to file an appeal, Associated Press reports. Ultimately, the conservative-leaning U.S. Supreme Court could render a final decision on the controversial case."

I'm talking about this one.

"Plaintiffs have announced their intention to file an appeal, Associated Press reports. Ultimately, the conservative-leaning U.S. Supreme Court could render a final decision on the controversial case."
Yup. Thats the one. And this case really goes after the possession part of the bill which is obviously what grandfathering grants people. And that's the part the original judge and then the 3 judge panel said was unconstitutional

Last edited:
McKee signed that pile of crap legislation a few minutes ago. Guess our brethren to the south have until 18 December to neuter their mags.

I doubt any are going to and I doubt any cops are going to have any interest ingoung door to door to enforce the law.

Aside from the garbage mag ban how about the fact that RI needs to show that idiot blue card to buy a handgun, to buy ammo now? So that just kills online sales and now ammo will be whatever price the stores in RI want to sell it for. This state just became as bad as NJ, NY and CA far surpassing MA and CT in suck factor

Aside from the garbage mag ban how about the fact that RI needs to show that idiot blue card to buy a handgun, to buy ammo now? So that just kills online sales and now ammo will be whatever price the stores in RI want to sell it for. This state just became as bad as NJ, NY and CA far surpassing MA and CT in suck factor
Where is that blue card requirement in the law?

Back
Top Bottom