• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LGS checking trigger before allowing a transfer

As already mentioned, walk away and never go back. But if you want a basis of argument...

So trigger pull comes into play because of 940CMR16, specifically 16.05(2) which states "... average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raising trigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, ...."
This one really always got to me.
So, instead of a child holding the gun the way a gun is supposed to be held, pulling trigger and possibly firing it, hopefully not shooting somebody, it pretty much ensures he turns the gun backwards, pointing it at himself holding it with two hands, and squeezing the triggers with both thumbs.... because that's what the kid will do.

Not so sure anyone is paying attention to the number of transfers....
Maybe not now, but someday...

Example: I got a speeding ticket in 1985 in Phoenix, AZ and I laughed when I tossed it out the window. (yeah, I was not very 'Green' in those days...)
In 2004, I got a Letter from the State of Arizona saying that they finally got around to entering my ticket into their 'computer'.
The letter asked to call them or a bench warrant would be sworn out...

Very nice lady let me pay with my credit card over the phone...

Obligatory "Move to Noo Hampshire ! "post.

Seriously. Get out while you can.
Before they put up a fence to keep you in.

Last edited:
Obligatory "Move to Noo Hampshire ! "post.I

Seriously. Get out while you can.
Before they put up a fence to keep you in.

move farther than that if you wanna stay for any length of time!

I moved to the mid-west last year, my dad moved to Alabama two weeks ago and my mom refuses to leave...still love her to death, but not much hope for anyone that can’t see the writing on the wall.

Not so sure anyone is paying attention to the number of transfers....

On a private FTF, yes, they do, they're watching.... if you go much over the limit you will get a warning letter in the mail, or at least that's what a couple people have told me.

His finger is a trigger scale?

Licensed by the ATF as a deadly-accurate. . . uh. . . . weapon. LOL

The shop in the middle of Taunton Center is good. But only open Thur Eve and Sat. Good peeps. I've yet to get to SS. Never ever. Every time I'm ready to swing by, something like this happens and I think, "Nah. I'm good."

On a private FTF, yes, they do, they're watching.... if you go much over the limit you will get a warning letter in the mail, or at least that's what a couple people have told me.

I've heard this rumor before...just hard for me to think that any agency is on the ball to that degree.

Shooting Supply

Im surprised and disappointed to hear that. Always thought they were a solid shop with good prices. Could be some goon who works there who has no clue what he’s talking about.

Either way it’s always painful to see LGS spouting nonsense like this.

Isn't that Mark Bouchard's shop? If so he is the former FRPD licensing officer and kind of a dick. Not surprised at all by this if it is his shop.

ETA: Just confirmed that it is Mark's shop. Don't waste your time you'll just run in to more shit like this.
When my son-in-law lived in Fall River he applied for his LTC in Fall River. He took the Home Firearms Safety Course and the NRA Pistol Course. This is after spending time in Fallugah as a Navy Corpsman with a Beretta sidearm and a M4 on his back going out in patrols with Marines and dragging soldiers off the field of batttle.And being told by the pencil necks in Fall River that ‘I don’t know if you even know how to shoot a gun so here is your target restriction.’

I've heard this rumor before...just hard for me to think that any agency is on the ball to that degree.

They're not on the ball with much of anything, on average, it's worth knowing though, that it's trivially easy to write a piece of script that says "how many times did user X finish a transfer in the EFA10 system in -insert calendar year here date range- and then throw output of anyone greater than a 4.

They also had dealers wired for sound during the covid bullshit at the beginning, and people from the state were sending Waffen SS types out to MA dealers who had MIRCS activity during the
initial covid lockdown period. So they watching.

Im surprised and disappointed to hear that. Always thought they were a solid shop with good prices. Could be some goon who works there who has no clue what he’s talking about.

Either way it’s always painful to see LGS spouting nonsense like this.

They are probably solid, but boring gun shop. IF they really peddle CMR940 bullshit then they need to warn people about that before they go there for a
transfer. I bet anything the OP asked "Hey I have a shield I need a transfer to someone else" and they said "ok its on the list, fine" without telling them they were going to do a CMR940 vag/moisture check on the guys gun....

When my son-in-law lived in Fall River he applied for his LTC in Fall River. He took the Home Firearms Safety Course and the NRA Pistol Course. This is after spending time in Fallugah as a Navy Corpsman with a Beretta sidearm and a M4 on his back going out in patrols with Marines and dragging soldiers off the field of batttle.And being told by the pencil necks in Fall River that ‘I don’t know if you even know how to shoot a gun so here is your target restriction.’

How long ago is that? Are they still a pure shit town? I thought they had fallen off that list.

OP shoulda put a lobster-claw band on the trigger to the front of the trigger guard. That would have bumped the poundage up a bit... [rofl2]

Just has to be 10 lbs. Shouldn't matter how it's achieved...
1607473834380.png

Sometimes you've got to "think outside the tank"...
1607474187558.png

Last edited:

Dumb former Ma**h*** who left in the early 90s and have bought all my guns except for one in other states question---how do they know on a FTF transaction? Reasonable assurance on the seller's part that the buyer is legal, show gun, inspect gun, exchange gun for money, drive away.

Ok. I get 99% of all this, but how’d the VP9 get “approved”.

<10 pound trigger and no manual safety?

I have one I got from Shooting Sports just after they came out.

Dumb former Ma**h*** who left in the early 90s and have bought all my guns except for one in other states question---how do they know on a FTF transaction? Reasonable assurance on the seller's part that the buyer is legal, show gun, inspect gun, exchange gun for money, drive away.

The state has a transaction portal called the EFA10 system, where private sales are supposed to be reported (within 7 days of occurrence) by law. You get a max of 4 of these per calendar year as a seller Any sales which transit a dealer are exempt. So you could sell 10 guns through a dealer and another 4 private FTF via the EFA10 system.

Not all that long ago it was done with paper and a 3 part carbon-paper-like, but not, imprint form, one the buyer kept, one the seller kept, and the top part was supposed to get sent to the state. Same rules otherwise.

Ok. I get 99% of all this, but how’d the VP9 get “approved”.

<10 pound trigger and no manual safety?

I have one I got from Shooting Sports just after they came out.

There is no formalized CMR940 approval, only lack of whining. The AG tends to "whine" about things like S&W, Glock products, etc. Lesser/less common guns tend to get ignored.

The state has a transaction portal called the EFA10 system, where private sales are supposed to be reported (within 7 days of occurrence) by law. You get a max of 4 of these per calendar year as a seller Any sales which transit a dealer are exempt. So you could sell 10 guns through a dealer and another 4 private FTF via the EFA10 system.

Not all that long ago it was done with paper and a 3 part carbon-paper-like, but not, imprint form, one the buyer kept, one the seller kept, and the top part was supposed to get sent to the state. Same rules otherwise.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom