• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LGS checking trigger before allowing a transfer

That’s crazy. I’m no FFL and wouldn’t tell someone how to run their business, but c’mon, with all the shit these guys have to eat from Boston and the money it’s already costing them, you’d think a guy would just keep his mouth shut as a quiet FU back. There’s not a single person that matters that would ever know when that trigger was done. Transfer the thing and say have a nice day guys, and smile to yourself that you pushed back a little.

ETA: that’s the type of guy that would start dropping dimes on people too for whatever he feels isn’t right. Weak ass Maura minion. Hello? I’d like to report some people refusing to live in fear.

Last edited:
They wouldnt transfer my sig because it had a short reset trigger. Its ironic because the sell trigger kits for shields and advertise for installs. They also will give you a tough time if you do a transfer and have a preban mag with it. I use to go there for most purchases and all transfers but I stay away now.

blown away by this news, SS has been my go-to for a few years now. is it possible they have been targeted for scrutiny by maura?

don't forget they refused to close when wuflu restrictions were first instituted. only when forced by westport PD.

also prohibited from the local gunshows because their prices made fools out of other dealers.

i'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point, they've done right by me

They wouldnt transfer my sig because it had a short reset trigger. Its ironic because the sell trigger kits for shields and advertise for installs. They also will give you a tough time if you do a transfer and have a preban mag with it. I use to go there for most purchases but I stay away now.

It would probably be simpler for them to just say they don't do handgun transfers between individuals, if they're going to be that retarded.

blown away by this news, SS has been my go-to for a few years now. is it possible they have been targeted for scrutiny by maura?

don't forget they refused to close when wuflu restrictions were first instituted. only when forced by westport PD.

also prohibited from the local gunshows because their prices made fools out of other dealers.

i'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point, they've done right by me

I would probably still buy other stuff there but never bother trying a transfer there.

I have a lot of dealers that are useful for some things and completely worthless for others, you take the good with the bad....

I typically won't black cross a dealer unless...

A- they actually f*** myself or one of my friends over on something big
B- their prices suck, they have nothing AND they're retarded about the lawrs, etc....

[rofl]

Went to transfer a M&P Shield today to someone at a LGS. Brought gun in and guy behind the counter dry fired the gun and said this trigger has been changed. No longer Mass compatible. Cannot be transferred. WTF?
Jesus H Christ, if that happened to me I'd certainly be triggered.

In simple sentence structure. I thanked him for outing the store, I then stayed I would take note to avoid. Hopefully that clear for you, if not find, find someone to read it to you
“Who is it so we can avoid the same bs” im not the op.
”thanks noted to avoid” I never gave a answer to a question you never asked me. Is it simple enough for you to understand?, Dickhead.

You're not wrong. lol I'm from fall river and the one place I would have recommended doesn't seem to exist anymore. There was a place on 138 near the somerset/dighton line, I could swear the name was Carl's something or other. I never had a bad experience there. All the other shops in the area were shit for one reason or another or are closed now.
Carr's, been closed for at least two or three years now. Not sure if Walter passed or just quit. at one time back in the day it was a great shop. I remember talking with him one time and he was telling me what changes he had to go thru after the 68' GCA shenanigans.

I loved it when my son and his family lived on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay. Nice people most of the time, even to a Yankee. ;)

move farther than that if you wanna stay for any length of time!

I moved to the mid-west last year, my dad moved to Alabama two weeks ago and my mom refuses to leave...still love her to death, but not much hope for anyone that can’t see the writing on the wall.

There's also the possibility he thought it was one of Maura's sting operations.
Since it had a safety, no possibility of a sting. Just proof of stupidity. The trigger pull could have been 0.00001lbs and been legal relative to 940CMR16.05(2) since it had a safety. Further proof that you don't have to be smart to be a gun dealer.

Back
Top Bottom