Liberty Safe Confirms They Gave Feds Access Code to Gun Safe During Raid on January 6 Protester

Liberty probably could have gave the feds a bogus code and said "Well he must have changed it because that is the code our records show" With how the dems have weaponized all branches of the federal government, had they simply told the feds to pound sand I'm sure they would be dealing with IRS and OSHA audits for the next three decades.

Well, you don’t want to lie to a federal LEO. That could easily get them hemmed up. However, it sounds like this was a request with no legal weight behind it and Liberty should have just said they’re not required to give that info out and they won’t.

But half the problem here is that Liberty have a back door into people’s safes.

I think there's a certain inevitability when you have a dozen SWAT FBI agents in your house and they want to get into your safe.

Yup. But why make it easy for them? Clearly the owner didn’t want to make it easy for them because he didn’t provide the FBI with the code. Or the FBI never asked him, which is bloody stupid if they didn’t. But then again, they came out kinetic to arrest him…. for being at a protest against the government.

How far the U.S. has fallen. I thought that type of stuff was limited to places like Turkey and Russia.

First, I have done no research, but how would Liberty even have the code? Backdoor IOT? If I buy their safe and change the code, how do they have the new code?
I think they keep the code that it shiped with and if you don’t change it, they have a back up. Or if you do change it, you can tell them so they can store it in case you lose it forget it.

First, I have done no research, but how would Liberty even have the code? Backdoor IOT? If I buy their safe and change the code, how do they have the new code?

For the electronic locks, they could easily program an second code that you don’t know about.

But I’m not sure if that is happening, or if this guy just never changed the code after he received the safe.

How did the FBI know there was a safe as well as the make? No way you'd know the make on my safe unless you came into the house.
They were either already there, or opened his "book of life" at the NSA and after busting out a few to his wife's underwear selection, said, "Oh lookey, he bought a safe a few years back on his CC, lets call them right now."

There are a ton of cheap gun safes sitting in people's homes with this combination: 1-2-3-4-5.

However, it sounds like this was a request with no legal weight behind it and Liberty should have just said they’re not required to give that info out and they won’t.

This. I’ve been on the receiving end of similar government “requests” for info on our clients. “Nope, sorry.” “Are you going to make me get a warrant?” “That’s up to you, but I can’t give you that info without a warrant.” They haven’t followed up those “requests” with a warrant yet, but I guess if it was serious enough they would, but our clients are doing things as criminally outrageous as attending a protest.

That is the problem.. I have read that if you get locked out of your safe, you need to get a locksmith because Liberty says there isn't a backdoor.

Apparently they lied to their customers.

Liberty didn't have a warrant for the info, they bent the knee and complied at the request.

Other than my wife, my daughter and myself the only other person who knows the combo to my safes is my attorney. There's no way I'm telling the safe manufacturer my updated combo.

For the electronic locks, they could easily program an second code that you don’t know about.

But I’m not sure if that is happening, or if this guy just never changed the code after he received the safe.
I was trying to figure out how to upgrade my arrangements, though these three things are true: 1) If it takes 'X' people to get a safe into a house, it takes 'X' people to get it out of the house. 2) Once discovered, 'Y' people have as long as it takes to get into the safe as you have to get back from where you went. 3) No safe is immune to a warrant. If it's known you are gone for 24 hours then one thief equipped with a good drill and a dozen or so wide-diameter diamond hole saws will swiss-cheese your safe in just a few hours.
1694006312008.png
1694006517090.png

Better that they have the combo, as they will just have a locksmith drill it. They WILL get it open, and they don't give a shit if they ruin it.

This. It isn't like Liberty took any big risks for the accused. It's a safe, not an encrypted file. It's GONNA get opened.

I'm not happy about it, but I get it. In the long run, the accused either gets all of his property back (hopefully) in decent condition (hopefully) or the Federales just bust crap up while trying to get things opened.

This. It isn't like Liberty took any big risks for the accused. It's a safe, not an encrypted file. It's GONNA get opened.

I'm not happy about it, but I get it. In the long run, the accused either gets all of his property back (hopefully) in decent condition (hopefully) or the Federales just bust crap up while trying to get things opened.
If I’m getting raided by the feds for nonsense they can EABOD and go through the hassle of getting a locksmith.

Why in the world would I want to assist people trying to take away my liberty at all?

With the S&G they would have to break win. Gives your attorney something to work with . . .
Unless it was electronic.

Some manufacturers (Gardael, for example) do not provide the MRC (Master reset code) with safes using the S&G Titan electronic locks.

If it's an electronic lock not meeting federal standard FF-L-2740A, it can probably be opened in about 5 minutes with a Taylor Security Phoenix. You'll only find such a lock on ebay and the like since the GSA contract requires these not be sold except to cleared government agencies. The Phoenix uses information leakage between the keypad and the safe to determine the combo - stuff like how much current is drawn when you press a button, how long until the beep sounds or indicator light flashes, etc. The S&G 2740 and Kaba-Mas X-## series of electronic combo locks do not have these defects. General opening time is about 15 minutes. The S&G regional rep told me "Yes, the Phoneix will open the Titan locks, but it is not the kind of thing you are going to encounter".

The FBI probably even has the black Phoenix (civilian version is orange) that also bypasses audit features in at least some locks that feature them.

The only purpose in not giving the combo when a warrant is served is to negate any possibility the government will claim the search of the safe was by consent.

Last edited:
Liberty probably could have gave the feds a bogus code and said "Well he must have changed it because that is the code our records show" With how the dems have weaponized all branches of the federal government, had they simply told the feds to pound sand I'm sure they would be dealing with IRS and OSHA audits for the next three decades.
All they had to do was tell the Feds that they would be happy to comply with a subpoena for the information. The feds regularly get that from businesses and the subpoenas are a minor nuisance for them to easily obtain. Unless they were incredibly rude to the Feds, I doubt they would bring the world down on them for that. Maybe they would?

Now I think that they established that they will freely give information upon request without a subpoena, so if they refuse in the future without one, then the Feds will be irked at them.

If I’m getting raided by the feds for nonsense they can EABOD and go through the hassle of getting a locksmith.

Why in the world would I want to assist people trying to take away my liberty at all?
They’re going to get your stuff one way or another, so I think the bigger question is why in the world would the manufacturer of your safe want to assist people trying to take away your liberty at all?

Back
Top Bottom