Lowell Leo not being charged

I'm not seeing this as "some animals are more equal" at all. His car was locked, the gun had a trigger lock (or equivalent), and he was robbed. I don't see the big deal. This wasn't him shooting someone during a road rage incident or drunk driving on duty.

I realize that him being a cop probably made the right call easier, but it was still the right call.
The gun was behind a lock (the car), it was broken and the gun was stolen. No gun owner should be charged for any part of this. However this is MA and you or I would have been charged with improper storage or transportation, license suspended and guns seized. But the cop gets a pass.

for having firearm stolen from his vehicle

Retired Lowell police officer cleared of mishandling firearm

Because the motor vehicle was locked and the firearm's locking mechanism was engaged, Webb said police detectives did not find Miles in violation of state law.

So then the police have investigated the police and the police have determined that the police have done nothing wrong. Just further proof that they’re all a bunch of pos scumbags.

The gun was behind a lock (the car), it was broken and the gun was stolen. No gun owner should be charged for any part of this. However this is MA and you or I would have been charged with improper storage or transportation, license suspended and guns seized. But the cop gets a pass.

You're not familiar with Reyes

REYES, COMMONWEALTH vs., 464 Mass. 245

This is what's confusing me. It sounds like he had an action lock on the firearm, not at locked container. Unless they're claiming storage (vs. transport) in the automobile, that's insufficient. I'm glad he gets his life back, but expect we unwashed would be told differently.

I was just saying no gun owner should be charged if the gun is protected by a lock of some kind including within a locked car. Just my opinion, I know that's not the law in MA and that sucks. Thanks for the link though, I hadn't read it in a while and it's a good read.

You don't have to be a lawyer to understand how legal precedent works (not that he does). A person acquitted of a crime at trial isn't legal precedent.

Looks like close but no cigar for me. Has to be appealed to a higher court and overturned to set precedent per the all knowing Google.

Sealed-disk check sources have such a low level of radioactivity that one can literally toss them in the trash can if/when you no longer need it.

In this case, they’re not making a big deal out of it, because it quite simply is not a big deal.
But the article says the material is used for NUCLEAR WEAPONZZZZ!!! ... must be important!!

I was thinking the same when reading the article. They were just tossed on a back seat, cant be that dangerous.

I'm not seeing this as "some animals are more equal" at all. His car was locked, the gun had a trigger lock (or equivalent), and he was robbed. I don't see the big deal. This wasn't him shooting someone during a road rage incident or drunk driving on duty.

I realize that him being a cop probably made the right call easier, but it was still the right call.
I agree it was the right call.

However, if that was one of us, we would have to spend thousands trying to somehow prove the car was locked and the guns had a lock. And how the f*** do you prove that when the gun is gone?

It would be nice if we could get the same treatment.

I agree it was the right call.

However, if that was one of us, we would have to spend thousands trying to somehow prove the car was locked and the guns had a lock. And how the f*** do you prove that when the gun is gone?

It would be nice if we could get the same treatment.

I would like to know if the window was broken, or otherwise how they got in. This story just screams 2 teens were walking down the road, saw a bag opened the back door grabbed it and ran. Its telling when the chief said the car was locked and the gun had a lock but then said he wouldn't discuss it further, because I'm not a reporter but my natural follow up would be how they got in the car. Like everyone else said, just treat me the same

Back
Top Bottom