MA State Police visit after online ammo purchase

New poster in “ask a cop” thread: “hi, is it legal to pass a slow moving tractor on a solid yellow line?”

Mass cops: “f*** your mother!”

New poster: “I’m sorry, did I say something wrong?”

Masscops: banned for insulting members.

It’s not a matter of needing thick skin, just totally avoid the shit hole site as they don’t want new members. Even here we would likely get banned if we treated new members half as bad.

That site is a joke even among cops in MA. The 3 cops that actually post there are the department shit bags that nobody likes.
But, do they have 2 or 3 annoying people asking every new member to go green after insulting them?

I have this story firsthand from him after it happened, but I'm being vague simply because I don't have his permission to post this, so I'm not sharing anything that could be identifying.

To everyone calling BS, I really and truly wish you were right! I did my part sharing the info I have.

Last edited:
So what is the smart response to police showing up at your door?

Be polite, ask if they have a warrant to enter, ask if you are being detained, and if the answer is no to both questions, politely wish them a good day, and close the door?
If you have a attached garage - go into the garage, lock house door. Open garage door while presenting a non-threatening posture. Be polite, be careful what you say, and do not grant voluntary admission to your house. This prevents "foot in the door", "we thought we saw something" and "we had to enter because we felt we were in danger".

My UPS guy carries a a 365 and my mailman used to leave a treat on the box of "gold" for my dog. Montana Gold, but still gold.
When I had dogs, the mailman (er, letter carrier) had a box of treats in his truck. The dog figured this out and would always pull his leash towards any mail truck, and hop right on the truck.

When I had dogs, the mailman (er, letter carrier) had a box of treats in his truck. The dog figured this out and would always pull his leash towards any mail truck, and hop right on the truck.
One time while walking the dog, a mailman got out of his truck and gave the dog a treat. Now anytime we pass any delivery truck she tries to jump inside to see if there are treats in there :)

If you have a attached garage - go into the garage, lock house door. Open garage door while presenting a non-threatening posture. Be polite, be careful what you say, and do not grant voluntary admission to your house. This prevents "foot in the door", "we thought we saw something" and "we had to enter because we felt we were in danger".

As long as nothing of interest is in the garage

As long as nothing of interest is in the garage
What I heard was "close the interior door before climbing out your bulkhead* and walking (nonthreateningly) down the driveway to meet them outside."

*Obviously, assumes you have a basement...

Last edited:
If this story is true. There is obviously more going on. Because recently I have received large orders from our friends in CT. No state police. Doesn't make sense , unless there's other stuff people are not filled in on

I hate to post vague, 4th-hand sounding info, but a close friend of mine (valid LTC holder) was just visited by 2 MA state police officers at his house after he had a few thousand rounds delivered from a common online retailer. He didn't let them in nor did they have a warrant, but apparently they are getting tipped off by UPS as to these deliveries and "following up".

Use caution when having stuff delivered to a MA address!
What caution can you take? Ordering ammo online to be delivered to a Mass address is legal.

Your friend was correct to turn them away. They aren't entitled to any information about the shipment at all.

Officer: Did you make an online purchase of ammo?
Friend: Thank you so much for your inquiry. How else can I help you today?

Maura troll trying to get information about online vendors and Mass deliveries. [wave]

There are fewer than 2500 online ammo dealers in the country. It would be the cheapest sting in history if she ordered 2500 boxes of .22 or 9mm (1 box from each vendor) to designated addresses in Mass.

Most of the vendors wouldn't accept the order. Those that do go on her naughty list. It's not rocket science and she doesn't need to trick people into ratting out suppliers.

What Mass LE probably IS doing is poking around asking questions like, "Hey, Low Buck Bob. Where can I get one of those Glock things turns it into a machine pistol?". And if you hook him up, they hook you up.

Of course, it's impossible to convert an AR or a Glock into full auto anyway, so there's nothing for them to look for in the first place, but they don't seem to get that.

Who said anything was illegal? People shit their pants over an empty case, im sure someone at ups, usps would feel good about turning in someone.
The legal court system has proven the USPS is heavily involved in election fraud.

The USPS and FBI had to admit the USPS Truck driver indeed transported completed ballots over state lines into Pennsylvania.
He has been Found truthful, and the entire media and social media attacked him and censored him. Yet he is truthful. USPS is controlled by the DNC and participates and facilitates election fraud. Confirmed. 1Pb3yTQu.jpeg

"What's that? We can't hear you. Did you say you're having a medical emergency?" [readies battering ram]
If they had a battering ram with them, they were coming in anyways. They didn't have one, just two cops at the door, not a SWAT team. So open a window and talk through the window to them.

Last edited:
This guy I know, his friends brother is a driver for UPS. Apparently once a week they are given a briefing on how to recognize packages that may contain items that are illegal in MA.

The weekly briefing mostly covers how to recognize high risk firearms and accessory shippers, certain shapes of boxes(rifles) and extreme weight(ammo) Drivers are also told to ask seemingly naïve questions in an effort to get the recipient to actual tell them what is in the package, even go so far as to pretend they are a gun owner to gain trust.

They then flag the delivery for review by a supervisor, the supervisor then follows up with the terminal manager who then contacts a special rep from the State Police.

It's pretty messed up.

This guy I know, his friends brother is a driver for UPS. Apparently once a week they are given a briefing on how to recognize packages that may contain items that are illegal in MA.

The weekly briefing mostly covers how to recognize high risk firearms and accessory shippers, certain shapes of boxes(rifles) and extreme weight(ammo) Drivers are also told to ask seemingly naïve questions in an effort to get the recipient to actual tell them what is in the package, even go so far as to pretend they are a gun owner to gain trust.

They then flag the delivery for review by a supervisor, the supervisor then follows up with the terminal manager who then contacts a special rep from the State Police.

It's pretty messed up.
Wait... wut?

Can't tell if serious or not.

Also I spent about 20 minutes on Masscops forum. Anyone who says NES is brutal needs to go pay them a visit.

It's pretty messed up.
I never know when you’re serious. Is this sarcasm?

I have this story firsthand from him after it happened, but I'm being vague simply because I don't have his permission to post this, so I'm not sharing anything that could be identifying.

To everyone calling BS, I really and truly wish you were right! I did my part sharing the info I have.
C64500C1-DCA2-4097-B4B0-80B0F2F367B6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom