MA State Police visit after online ammo purchase

The main issue here is not the MSP knocking on your door, but the fact that they are tracking packages from the source and now Maura will go after the ammo seller and attempt to shut them down. Nothing we can do about that, all shipments are entered in a database and MSP has access. They knew the package was on the way the before it was even loaded on the truck.

The carriers know what they're transporting.

At a workplace, someone other than me ordered ammo. It came in "discreet" packaging. Driver said to me, "Is this ammo?"

"Why do you think it's ammo?"

"It's small, it's heavy, it has a HazMat sticker, and it's from CT."

They know.

This guy I know, his friends brother is a driver for UPS. Apparently once a week they are given a briefing on how to recognize packages that may contain items that are illegal in MA.

The weekly briefing mostly covers how to recognize high risk firearms and accessory shippers, certain shapes of boxes(rifles) and extreme weight(ammo) Drivers are also told to ask seemingly naïve questions in an effort to get the recipient to actual tell them what is in the package, even go so far as to pretend they are a gun owner to gain trust.

They then flag the delivery for review by a supervisor, the supervisor then follows up with the terminal manager who then contacts a special rep from the State Police.

It's pretty messed up.
What I don’t get is this: what is there to report to the state police when IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO GET AMMO SHIPPED IN MA!? So what does the state police do with this info?

I never know when you’re serious. Is this sarcasm?
When I worked at UPS 20+ years ago all the boxes for a local gun shop went on a separate, special palette, in view of a camera, and basically everybody.. cuz security. Seems now with all the technology they can flag all to's and from's and have themselves a nice little database for the ATF and the FBI when they have their raid apparatus all ready to go.

IF this happened, it wasn't the driver but further up the delivery chain, maybe at the point of origin.
Nope, because UPS picks up thousands and thousands of pks every day from different companys. They dont know what is in each individual pkg. When shipped the shipper inputs pkg. wgt., dimensions, and where its going to so that UPS knows how much to bill the shipper. NOW, the only person that has the time to tell whats in the pkg is the driver. He gets the address to deliver on his computer in vehicle. When he picks up the pkg. he can read the address it goes to and the ORMD hazmat label that the shipper is required to put on the pkg. IT will state whats in the pkg. be it small arms ammunition, primer caps, or gunpowder in the form of a flammable solid. HE would have to be the one dropping the dime. Now with the way society is going and all the WOKE help that UPS is hiring, i would be careful what i order.

Of course not.

They stand behind a thin blue line. Try to keep up.
There are only a handful of long time members and maybe 3-4 of them are actually cops.

One is an old drunk who used to be a truck driver, the owner is a typical sissy boy cop and there are one or two other doosh bags who are real cops on the outside. The rest are ball sucks, wanna bees and badge buffers.

I have this story firsthand from him after it happened, but I'm being vague simply because I don't have his permission to post this, so I'm not sharing anything that could be identifying.

To everyone calling BS, I really and truly wish you were right! I did my part sharing the info I have.
No one asked for identifying penis bumps. What did they do? What did they ask? Unreal

I hate to post vague, 4th-hand sounding info, but a close friend of mine (valid LTC holder) was just visited by 2 MA state police officers at his house after he had a few thousand rounds delivered from a common online retailer. He didn't let them in nor did they have a warrant, but apparently they are getting tipped off by UPS as to these deliveries and "following up".

Use caution when having stuff delivered to a MA address!
I’m skeptical as hell. UPS drivers don’t give a f*** about anything but emptying their truck and going back to the shipping center as soon as possible after. Sorry OP, I don’t believe you. Get back under Maura’s desk.

I have this story firsthand from him after it happened, but I'm being vague simply because I don't have his permission to post this, so I'm not sharing anything that could be identifying.

To everyone calling BS, I really and truly wish you were right! I did my part sharing the info I have.
I've gotta be the one to let you know.
Your friend has been on a list.

Cops are just putting 2 and 2 together and scoping out things, maybe even sending a message.

If it's a frequent shipper and UPS knows what the company sells, couldn't that be set to trigger an alert? After all, the driver can guess, but would he know the exact contents?
Nope, because UPS picks up thousands and thousands of pks every day from different companys. They dont know what is in each individual pkg. When shipped the shipper inputs pkg. wgt., dimensions, and where its going to so that UPS knows how much to bill the shipper. NOW, the only person that has the time to tell whats in the pkg is the driver. He gets the address to deliver on his computer in vehicle. When he picks up the pkg. he can read the address it goes to and the ORMD hazmat label that the shipper is required to put on the pkg. IT will state whats in the pkg. be it small arms ammunition, primer caps, or gunpowder in the form of a flammable solid. HE would have to be the one dropping the dime. Now with the way society is going and all the WOKE help that UPS is hiring, i would be careful what i order.

The main issue here is not the MSP knocking on your door, but the fact that they are tracking packages from the source and now Maura will go after the ammo seller and attempt to shut them down. Nothing we can do about that, all shipments are entered in a database and MSP has access. They knew the package was on the way the before it was even loaded on the truck.
Maura can’t do jack shit. It’s not illegal for some company like Midway to ship ammo to a resident in MA, so long as they’ve done their part in confirming the recipient is an LTC holder. Maura can only go after companies in MA.

If it's a frequent shipper and UPS knows what the company sells, couldn't that be set to trigger an alert? After all, the driver can guess, but would he know the exact contents?
All the good presents always rattle when you shake 'em ;)

Maura can’t go after the seller. They are out of state and immune to any of her angry dike BS and it’s not illegal to ship it here.

No laws were broken and she can’t regulate an out of state business. She is too busy being the “first openly gay (tm)” at something anyway. It’s. A big deal being the first openly gay whatever

IMG_0398.png IMG_0397.png

Maura can’t do jack shit. It’s not illegal for some company like Midway to ship ammo to a resident in MA, so long as they’ve done their part in confirming the recipient is an LTC holder. Maura can only go after companies in MA.

Maura can’t go after the seller. They are out of state and immune to any of her angry dike BS and it’s not illegal to ship it here.

No laws were broken and she can’t regulate an out of state business

This.

It's possible this is one of those "heads are going to roll if we miss 'warning signs of a mass shooter' and it gets out that this guy ordered a few thousand rounds." So they probably figured they ought to let him know they were watching him now.

This was not a message to the shippers. It was a message to the recipient. If it even happened.

What I don’t get is this: what is there to report to the state police when IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO GET AMMO SHIPPED IN MA!? So what does the state police do with this info?
Dude must have been on Mayor Wu watch list and the cops were probably assigned to scope things out etc. That's my interpretation

The main issue is MSP wasting their time harassing licensed gun owners over legal purchases, instead of going after criminals.

Nope, they cant, because they dont know what your odering. Only the co. that youre buying from knows that. The driver on the other hand can read the hazmat label that states what is in the box.

I believe you're incorrect. Maura can sue them (and has threatened such when she was AG), that's why 90% of on-line ammo sellers won't ship to Mass. Heck it's even hard to find a supplier of pepper spray on-line that will ship.

I believe you're incorrect. Maura can sue them (and has threatened such when she was AG), that's why 90% of on-line ammo sellers won't ship to Mass. Heck it's even hard to find a supplier of pepper spray on-line that will ship.
Yep. How has nobody noticed how hard it is to find a list of sellers who will ship to MA?

Back
Top Bottom