Man arrested at BU trying to carry guns into graduation ceremony

Unfortunately, licensed people should not make these kinds of mistakes.

It just adds more fodder for the anti crowd.

And the Licensing officers!

Back in 2005, a couple of Boston residents with restricted LTC's decided to ignore those restrictions. On two separate occasions, the guys were caught after minor altercations, guns were seen, one fell out of a holster. Police were called. Both men claimed they thought they could carry concealed to and from the range. The BPO in charge of licensing decided to fix that little issue, leaving no doubt about the restrictions. The licensing official added the additional restriction of No Conceal Carry to LTC's issued from Boston. He started it in March of 2006 and it continues to this day.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Havent read any of this thread or the articles, but I know the guy through my brothers work. From what I know of him, he's in his own world.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Here's the latest update from his court appearance.

Held on $100,000.00 Bail

http://www.wcvb.com/news/boston-university-man-with-guns-arrested-at- commencement/26044646#!OPHoI

He was arraigned on charges of carrying a dangerous weapon on school grounds, disturbing a school assembly, disturbing a public assembly and violation of firearms license restriction.

Last edited:
He didn't realize school grounds were off limits... has this guy been under a rock?

I suppose had he not been caught, after commencement he would have stopped by the post office on his way to a courthouse, and maybe hung out in the surf near logan airport... lucky for him the courts and post offices are closed on sundays... [rolleyes]

$100,000.00 Bail?!?

Rapist, robbers and child molesters usually don't get bail that high!

He wasn't even charged with a felony. Totally politically motivated activist judge.

Last edited:
that bail is ridiculously high for no reason

carrying while restricted is a civil fine right? so all that bail for a gun on school grounds (I didn't realize private universities had the same catch all as public schools) I guess... the other charges are bogus

and the police even said no one was ever in any danger

Last edited:
It is reported that he is a physical therapist in a nursing home.

Oh those people are nutz.

My brother had hand surgery, and the PT used to really get off on getting his hand to crack in new and unusual ways. Dressed in black.

I had this one physical therapist, her name was "January". She was surprisingly strong and could bend me in different ways all month long. Then there were all those rubber bands and hot towels and the bending and the pushing, and me concentrating very hard on Carl Yastrzemski's lifetime batting averages and El Tiante's pitching stats

Oh, and this guy was nutz for carrying on a restricted LTC-B

Here's the latest update from his court appearance.

Held on $100,000.00 Bail

http://www.wcvb.com/news/boston-university-man-with-guns-arrested-at-commencement/26044646#!OPHoI
On the radio they said he was also to surrender his weapons and his ltc. He has an ankle bracelet as well. they also said the judge refused to have him subject to random weapons searches at his home, I don't understand how this would even be legal.
It sounds like he will be made an example of.

$100,000.00 Bail?!?

Rapist, robbers and child molesters usually don't get bail that high!

He wasn't even charged with a felony. Totally politically motivated activist judge.

Ain't no judge wanna let this guy go and then deal with his shooting up a nursing home.

- - - Updated - - -

On the radio they said he was also to surrender his weapons and his ltc. He has an ankle bracelet as well. they also said the judge refused to have him subject to random weapons searches at his home, I don't understand how this would even be legal.

From the prosecution/judge's perspective, the guy tried to shoot up a *school* graduation ceremony, and it's in Brookline near to Newton which sounds like Newtown.

Now that would be shooting fish in a barrel.

taxi-driver.jpg

UMass Lowell PD have city-wide jurisdiction in Lowell.

Again... I was addressing his State Trooper Powers statement. There is NO campus PD in the state that has statewide jurisdiction. The only people who are state troopers... are... State Troopers. Environmental Police are only other agency that has Statewide Jurisdiction, and IIRC, additionally have areas of jurisdiction above and beyond MSP.

Honestly the reason this got attention is because of his LTC.
if this guy were street thug w street gun, it wouldnt have been covered by any media...no story.

the lesson for me is this: sheeple worry more about the law abiding than criminals. An LTC-A makes any of us a target.

Do we know that this guy was actually carrying both guns on his person? Since he had two, it sounds like he might have had one on his person and one in the car. Hell, he could have had two in the car for all we know.

Coakley is pissed that gun owners are winning cases so this is the AG's "payback" against you guys. Make an example out of someone to ensure the rest of you fall in line and STFU.

I don't even live in Mass and this angers me.

Andrea Massa is definitely going to be made an example of. I'll guess the requested random weapons searches at home are not only directed at him but his wife who also has an LTC. Those searches were denied, good thing. It will be interesting to see if any action from this incident will target his wife.
Best regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we know that this guy was actually carrying both guns on his person? Since he had two, it sounds like he might have had one on his person and one in the car. Hell, he could have had two in the car for all we know.

Coakley is pissed that gun owners are winning cases so this is the AG's "payback" against you guys. Make an example out of someone to ensure the rest of you fall in line and STFU.

I don't even live in Mass and this angers me.

One of those guns belonged to his wife. He at some point took possession of it and left the line with both guns.

He didn't realize school grounds were off limits... has this guy been under a rock?

I suppose had he not been caught, after commencement he would have stopped by the post office on his way to a courthouse, and maybe hung out in the surf near logan airport... lucky for him the courts and post offices are closed on sundays... [rolleyes]
He could have lived in NH where it is legal to carry on school grounds.

good stuff.

pro-2A citizen and taxpayer lawfully acquires a gun
anti-2A cop makes arrest
anti-2A DA hits him w charges
anti-2A judge orders mental health evaluation
anti-2A psychiatrist conducts said evaluation

see where its going? Hosed.

one more reason why i am getting out of this ****ing state ASAP. Since moving here in 2010, I have felt my sperm count plummet.

Where does everyone get the idea he was newly licensed?? Every interview I've seen with his wife, she states he was licensed for a long time. No idea about her.

He still could be a recent Marshfield resident, as was speculated on before. I'd go with what his wife claims, rather than creative news reporting.

Back
Top Bottom