Mansfield (MA) F&G Protective Assn

Let me be the first to publicly congratulate Massnee on being voted in as a member of MF&G tonight. [grin]

It was also nice meeting depicts tonight and seeing ferretfour as well.

C-pher was once again in absentia! Oh well, some of us saw him on the replay of Fox25's news story. I noticed that the cowboy target that they shot was obviously modeled on C-pher's physique! [laugh2] [devil]

Thanks Len,

I appreciate you going to bat for me. I was getting a little concerned that I would not have an opportunity to enjoy my black rifle disease.

ar3.jpg

On another note it has been priceless to see the expressions on folks faces when I show them my newest acquisition.

Yea, I called Alan and said that I wasn't sure that I was going to make it...

Which sucks because I really wanted to be there last night. But, wife worked late, and by the time she got home, and I was ready to head out, it was almost 8...and figured that I would only just get there for the close of the meeting.

Yea, I called Alan and said that I wasn't sure that I was going to make it...

Which sucks because I really wanted to be there last night. But, wife worked late, and by the time she got home, and I was ready to head out, it was almost 8...and figured that I would only just get there for the close of the meeting.

You are very lucky that we didn't vote you in for President! It's always easier to vote for people who aren't there . . . they can't defend themselves! [devil] [laugh2] [rofl]

The actual meeting didn't start until 7:30 as two local politicians spoke for the first 1/2 hour. Meeting ran until ~8:30, then the BS sessions ran until after 9:15 when I left. I ran into a long-time friend (former president of Sharon F&G, president of Satucket, and chairman of the South Shore Pistol League) who I had no idea was a member of MF&G and we had a long discussion about some certain goings on elsewhere in the league territory.

I'm very lucky that my Wife was so tolerant last night. It was our 36th Anniversary and she came home from work semi-late and let me head out to the meeting instead of staying home and having dinner together (we went out to VinnyT's to celebrate over the weekend).

You are very lucky that we didn't vote you in for President! It's always easier to vote for people who aren't there . . . they can't defend themselves! [devil] [laugh2] [rofl]
I was talking with Greg Cauldwell before the meeting and he asked if I wanted the job. NOT! At least not right now. Too many irons in the fire on the home front.

Len,
Were you the the guy with the star trek communicator plugged in his ear?
I had a feeling that was you, but I thought you had mentioned that you wouldn't be there last night, so I wasn't sure.

Yup, that was me.

When I realized that massnee's application would languish again another month with no action, I knew that I had to be there to push for a vote.

I got special dispensation from my wonderful Wife to attend the meeting instead of staying home to celebrate our anniversary (we went out to dinner over the weekend, knowing that we'd have a busy week).

Alright, Now that I know who you are, I'll be sure to say hi next time.
I was sitting behind you, to your right.

Is massnee the one who couldn't be there because he was tending to the flock?

I was looking for C-pher last night, but I see that he was not there.

Yes, massnee tends his flock on Wednesday nights.

C-pher is the "no show", as usual . . . sigh! Others were waiting around hoping to meet him too. I guess if you want to meet him you'd better attend a SASS shoot.

Hey, I go to a lot of the meetings... It just happened that I've missed two or three this year...that's all.

Which sucks because I really like to hear guest speakers talk...

No matter what happens, I'm going to be a next month...I swear...

I like to keep a low profile, so I use my Man from U.N.C.L.E. fountain pen model.

Open channel D

If I wasn't wearing a T-shirt, the blue tooth would have been sitting in my pocket instead of my ear, as it did last month when I was coming to the BOD meeting direct from work.

The nature of the Constable business is that if you don't answer by the third ring, they call someone else and you lose real revenue.

C-pher . . . ya, sure [rolleyes] , whatever you say! Won't believe it until I see you there!

Mod Hat On!

OK Children . . . and that INCLUDES MODS! Enough already.

This thread is about a gun club in the proper forum. This junk does NOT belong here.

One way or another all this trash will be getting deleted by tomorrow!

Although this probably looks like it belongs in private, I have received an Email from a member here complaining of a double-standard, where Mods do some of the same things that some of us Mods jump on other members for. He's right and it has to stop. ALL of us "fall off the wagon" on occasion, but when we realize what we've done we owe it to the entire community to take corrective actions (delete, move it, etc.).

As the resident hard-ass Mod, I'm calling all of us on it in public to show all members that there will no longer be a double standard and everyone should follow the same set of rules.

Last edited:
Before this thread gets deleted because it is off topic, I'd just like to tell the hard ass mod that it was nice to meet him last night as well. I didn't know there were so many guys from this forum there last night.

7.62x39, if you're still interested in the Cowboy Shooting, come by the club on Saturday morning.

We're going to be there doing a shoot... And you can check it out, and maybe even get some trigger time...

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.

C-pher
I'm planning on being there. I've had the date circled on my calender ever since I saw the flyer.[grin]

7.62x39, it was nice meeting you.

We were looking for you after the match to see if you wanted to put a few rounds down range and try it out...

We left a stage up for a little while after hoping that you'd come back.

Anyway, see you around and hope that you give it a try.

C-pher, It was a pleasure to meet both You and stoney Pete.
I appreciate the offer and I'll take you up on it next time.
When You guys broke for lunch and weren't even half way through, I realized I wouldn't have time. I didn't realize the matches were that long LOL

You guys sure were having fun though. Great group of people.

I expect to be there. Depends on how Deena is feeling. She had hand surgery (other hand) this AM. She's in some pain, but taking some serious pain-killers so I can't leave her alone. Hopefully tomorrow she'll be off the narcotics and if so, I'll go to the meeting.

C-pher, I'll believe you when I actually see you there in person!!

I'll be there......

LenS, I think he's afraid I'll post his "cowboy wanted poster" at the club. If he doesn't show, we may have to resort to milk cartons......

I will be there tomorrow at 8am. I believe the rules state I have wait a few more weeks before I can take a visitor. It would be good if someone was there as I intend to shoot my black powder pistol for the first time. I loaded it myself...however, I am not sure if I did it right...it would be good for someone to be able to call the ambulance for me [smile]

Damn, and we almost had the milk carton design ready for production! [wink]
[laugh]

Well folks, it's a first (at least in a long long time), but C-pher actually showed up for a meeting . . . late, but he was there.

Back
Top Bottom