• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Gun Show, Jan 30 & 31

The prevailing thought seems to be "with all these people here, someone will pay top dollar".

And they do.

Anyone know who was selling the Trijicon ACOG sights ? . The table was near the back on the left side. It

The guy that was buy the NY Ammo boys? He had the grey beard? jshooter has bought from him quite a bit...he might know..PM him.

Anyone know who was selling the Trijicon ACOG sights ? . The table was near the back on the left side. It

I saw some guys with acogs but wasnt quite ready to drop that kind of coin on something I havent done my homework on. Were the prices fair?

Be careful with gunshow ACOGs, Leupolds, or any other high name brand scopes. (Yeah, I know Leupold is mid-end, but you get the idea). Between "look alikes" and outright counterfeits, it's easy to get taken. If the deal is legit at a show you'll only save a few $$ at best, but lose any practical recourse if the goods aren't good. If the deal is "too good to be true" it probably is.

I saw some guys with acogs but wasnt quite ready to drop that kind of coin on something I havent done my homework on. Were the prices fair?

For the 4x model, not sure which one was $899 the 3x was $799, I would say they were average in price.

Just a thought here.

To go to a gunshow, a dealer has to

A) more than likely close his shop to staff the gun show.
B) pay people to work the full weekend.
C) pay for his table.
D) pay for gas & wear and tear on his vehicle(s) to get TO the gunshow
E) load vehicle at store, unload at gunshow, pack up vehicle on Sunday, unload back at show whatever didn't sell
F) STILL pay for his rent, electric, heat, water, etc...

Now I understand why you won't find a ton of bargains at a gunshow! You DO have the opportunity to see a lot of vendors in a small space, so odds are that you WILL find that guy who's got, say, only $300 into an M1 Garand, for example, so he can sell it for short money, but those seem to me to be the only benefits.

You may find the odd kitchen kommando who HAS no overhead to speak of, and he may well have good prices... but he's still gotta pay to get there, AND he likely doesn't have the buying power of larger shops so that he may not get as good pricing, and thus will have to pass on higher prices.

As I said, just some random thoughts here. Dealers with actual experience are welcome to tell me that I'm full of it, as this is just me musing and nothing more. I could well be mistaken.

Just a thought here.

To go to a gunshow, a dealer has to

A) more than likely close his shop to staff the gun show.
B) pay people to work the full weekend.
C) pay for his table.
D) pay for gas & wear and tear on his vehicle(s) to get TO the gunshow
E) load vehicle at store, unload at gunshow, pack up vehicle on Sunday, unload back at show whatever didn't sell
F) STILL pay for his rent, electric, heat, water, etc...

Now I understand why you won't find a ton of bargains at a gunshow! You DO have the opportunity to see a lot of vendors in a small space, so odds are that you WILL find that guy who's got, say, only $300 into an M1 Garand, for example, so he can sell it for short money, but those seem to me to be the only benefits.

You may find the odd kitchen kommando who HAS no overhead to speak of, and he may well have good prices... but he's still gotta pay to get there, AND he likely doesn't have the buying power of larger shops so that he may not get as good pricing, and thus will have to pass on higher prices.

As I said, just some random thoughts here. Dealers with actual experience are welcome to tell me that I'm full of it, as this is just me musing and nothing more. I could well be mistaken.

Ross, you're making this more complicated than it actually is. [grin]

Many many years ago some guy at a gun show said "Well, there's gonna be a room full of people with money to burn- You know, guys that went to the bank and took out some money just to come to this show. We can probably all get away with marginal prices- REALLY try to sell at whatever the market will bear. "

And thus, it was cast- and it's become the general rule. At every show there are a handful of dealers who put out good deals... but the reality is, many of the vendors don't have to. Without naming names, at Marlboro I saw a couple of horrendously overpriced dealers doing very, very well... so why -should- they lower their prices? [laugh] It's evidently clear to me that there is a nearly limitless supply of suckers ready to buy. Same reason some of the worst car dealers stay in business, too.

-Mike

Last edited:
I did watch the Liotec table a couple of times while John went to the potty. LOL!

ALso....bummer moment of the show. I went to the hotsauce table and was infomed that Pit Bull Hotsauce was no longer... I did get three other bottles...but will sorely miss Pit Bull Hotsauce.

You really bailed me out thanks!

And the worst part is you know someone had that item cheaper before the doors opened. Since the dealers run around to the other tables buying up stuff cheap from those that are there to dump the item and then put it on their table for a nice profit. Buy hey, thats the free market.

I admit I made money this way at hamfests.

Back
Top Bottom