Marlboro Gun Show - January 26th and 27th, 2008

I am scheduled to be there Sunday afternoon, stop by the booth and say hi.

Change of plans

I was going to the show on Sunday, but I found this little beauty, New in box, with tools, and all my money is gone for the week.

It's a beautiful 2 inch S&W Model 34-1, nickel from around 1980. It's the second gun I've bought this week, and if I go to the show now I know I'll overspend. [smile][wink]

34n.jpg

Can anyone tell me if all the vendors are normally all set up and ready to go first thing Saturday morning? I forget where I went to a show once and I was waiting for it to open and was one of the first people there and about 25% of the vendors weren't ready yet. Are you better off going around lunchtime when they've had a chance to get set up???

I'm also curious which day people think is the better day to go to the show. Saturday gives the first chance at unique items that might not last till Sunday, but are there better deals to be had at the end of the day on Sunday?

Thanks.

Right-O. I'll just ask for Pete?

Or C-pher...I'm also working the Powder Keg Tables... I'm there to help Stoney spend the money he wasn't thinking about spending. [smile]

Will be going saturday, i hope to meet a few of you.

Also, stop by the tables, we'll talk to you...it's always fun meeting more people.

Can anyone tell me if all the vendors are normally all set up and ready to go first thing Saturday morning? I forget where I went to a show once and I was waiting for it to open and was one of the first people there and about 25% of the vendors weren't ready yet. Are you better off going around lunchtime when they've had a chance to get set up???

I'm also curious which day people think is the better day to go to the show. Saturday gives the first chance at unique items that might not last till Sunday, but are there better deals to be had at the end of the day on Sunday?

Thanks.

That's going to depend. A lot of the good stuff is there Saturday. It's going to depend on what you're looking for? I saw Ammo cans at the last Marlboro show for about 5 bucks each. They were gone in the first hour. I don't know if people really give the deals that they say on Sunday. Most have shops and will just take what they didn't sell back to the shop.

If they want to make you a deal, they will do it just about any time during the show...you just have to work it and make it happen.

It's really up to you on what you want to do...but Saturday is the busier of the two days. So if you would rather be at a more laid back show, Sunday is the day to go...there just doesn't seem to be a lot of the stuff left on Sundays.

Or C-pher...I'm also working the Powder Keg Tables... I'm there to help Stoney spend the money he wasn't thinking about spending. [smile]
If you think he's joking your wrong. C-pher helped me spend $682.50 last Jan. in Marlboro. I wasn't gonna spend a thing.[rolleyes]

Last edited:
Depicts, that is a beautiful gun. That is the model I'm looking for, Im' new to collecting and want to start off with a nice .22cal. revolver. Lucky you. I want that gun!!!!!

You sure can and just in time for the AR15 lower group buy we are putting together in the Members forum. [wink]

Also, don't forget to stop by the GOAL booth and check out the new hats with the brand new custom logos!!

I'm going to try and make it on Saturday.

I'm looking for one of the Knoxx SpecOps adjustable recoil stocks for my Rem 870.

They have them in the Cabela's catalog for $110 but someone told me today that the prices at the store are more than in the catalog (Hartford, CT store).

WHOO-HOO!! New Hats...

If you're bringing the new logo stuff... have some in XXL...some of us NESers are on the large side.

I agree, us plus size guys don't do smalls.

I'll take my stuff in 3XL, please have some.

I wanted to buy some stuff last time but the young girl that was taking care of the tables said they didn't have my size. I've lost count of how many times I've heard that !!!

Back
Top Bottom