Marlboro Gun Show - January 26th and 27th, 2008

C-pher;It's really up to you on what you want to do...but Saturday is the busier of the two days. So if you would rather be at a more laid back show said:
Well that clears things up. It looks like my schedule has been taken out of my hands and has been decided by family matters. Sunday is out, so it will be Saturday after the kids bball game. I should be able to get there by noon so I'll get plenty of time to peruse everything available. Since I'm not actually looking for anything in particular I'll have checkbook, credit card, and cash in ready mode and see what peaks my curiosity...

-Cuz.

Any preban stripped ar lowers generally at the show? Any ballpark prices for them? I cant justify spending $600 on the ones for sale online for my next build. Im also wondering what kind of deals on .223 ammo you guys have seen there esp the lake city surplus stuff? see ya there saturday!!

Any preban stripped ar lowers generally at the show? Any ballpark prices for them? I cant justify spending $600 on the ones for sale online for my next build. Im also wondering what kind of deals on .223 ammo you guys have seen there esp the lake city surplus stuff? see ya there saturday!!

It's all luck luck luck. Never too sure what is going to be there for ammo. The prices have gone up so fast and high all deals are gone in a jiffy.
If you find something there that floats your boat, BUY IT! It will be gone when you go back for it.

It's all luck luck luck. Never too sure what is going to be there for ammo. The prices have gone up so fast and high all deals are gone in a jiffy.
If you find something there that floats your boat, BUY IT! It will be gone when you go back for it.

So true! You would think I would have learned by now that when I see something on a table.. buy it! But I have said to myself a few times "it will be here after I do a quick walk thru" NOPE! [thinking]

I just joined NES, bought a 1911SC I haven't fired it yet. i am still new at this. What should I do first if I can get to marlboro?

What to do, what to do?

I just joined NES, bought a 1911SC I haven't fired it yet. i am still new at this. What should I do first if I can get to marlboro?
Buy more! [smile] But seriously,

Have you had previous shooting experience? If not a first step should be a training course and GOAL offers some great ones. If you have experience shooting a handgun and want to get into action shooting, stop by and speak with me or one of the fellows from Hopkinton Sportsmen. We have two tables at each spring show. One is for recruiting new members to the HSA club and the other one recruits people for our March USPSA Safe Handgun Competitor course. We teach you everything you need to participate in your first USPSA/IPSC match.

Michael Chludenski.

NO. Last time i was there you could not have a loaded weapon.
Firearms brought in for sale are inscpected and Tie Wrapped...

Derek you will be at the GOAL table with said stickers?

If I were you and not looking for anything in particular I would wait until 1 pm or so Saturday. It will thin out a little and believe me it is crowded and long lines when it opens.

Then, I would just slowly take it all in one row at a time or whatever your system is. If it is your first gun show, I really don't recommend impulse buying unless you know value. These guys are trying to screw you out of every penny they can.

For me, it's entertainment value more than anything. I'm also looking for specific items whenever I go such as M1 carbine mags, jungle carbine, etc. the things that are hard to find at a gun store.

It makes no sense to me to buy a P-22 for $350 at a show when you can get it for less than $300 at a store.

No ammo at this show except for reloads which I wouldn't do with your Smith. They are good reloads but the 1911 deserves factory loads. Don't worry about the nazi stuff, just ignore it if it bothers you.

It beats going to the movies

whats the deal on carrying in there, yes or no?

You can carry, but they will ask you to unload your weapon and leave the ammunition with them. In fact, if you don't, you can't go in.

That's pretty much been the rule at any MA gun show I've attended. I'm not sure about NH ones.

Gary

Hey derek, are you going to have any stickers with you. [wink]

Make sure that you guys come by the Powder Keg table and say hi to Stoney and I.

50BMG will have a booth up somewhere as well.

Will do!

Got a lot of shopping to do [devil]. The last Marlboro theme for me was .22's, this year it's shotguns. :)

You can carry, but they will ask you to unload your weapon and leave the ammunition with them. In fact, if you don't, you can't go in.

That's pretty much been the rule at any MA gun show I've attended. I'm not sure about NH ones.

Gary

Are they enforcing this with patdowns and/or a metal detector, or just asking nicely?

They are asking. I seem to remember a sign saying that anyone caught lying will be prosecuted for criminal trespass.

Is this legal? My understanding of the law was that if they find you are carrying and ask you to leave and you refuse, then you're committing criminal trespass, but not before.

Is this legal? My understanding of the law was that if they find you are carrying and ask you to leave and you refuse, then you're committing criminal trespass, but not before.

I don't know and I don't plan to find out. However, it would seem if it's posted, then you have been given notice. Maybe one of the lawyer types can answer.

The bottom line is that it's their show and they can set the rules. If you don't like them, don't go.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom