Marlboro Gun Show - January 26th and 27th, 2008

IANAL, but to me it seems it is the same as buying in a gun shop, either your legaly allowed to purchase it or not.

WHAT! Surely you can't be denying the existence of that Aid To Terrorism, the dreaded

GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE!

Save the children! [rolleyes]

They are asking. I seem to remember a sign saying that anyone caught lying will be prosecuted for criminal trespass.

I hope a lawyer on this list will speak up and explain.

I don't advocate lying to the show folks, but this concept of algorithmic trespass notices (i.e. declaring that violation of private rules is "criminal trespass") is strange. If this was indeed something one could do by declaration, any private business could turn any conduct they did not like into a crime simply by declaring it "trespass". It would be the same as a theatre declaring that posession of an turned on cellphone was trespass, and asserting that anyone caught with one would be arrested and prosecuted.

If you think he's joking your wrong. C-pher helped me spend $682.50 last Jan. in Marlboro. I wasn't gonna spend a thing.[rolleyes]

NO KIDDING!! I can believe that. Luck BPS picked him up, or I wouldn't be here. He's one hell of a salesman. I was looking at the replica Remington Army .44 (I have an original one... though I doubt its still functional). I start talking to him, ten minutes later I've got this website, the name/location (and hand drawn maps even) of where one of the best gunsmiths in The People's Republic of Massachusetts is.

Anyway, he said there may be some army surp... and since I'm looking for a pair of Rifles, I'll be browsing there as well. I also promised I'd bring my baby (Springfield model 1873 "Trapdoor" rifle) around too so I got it locked, packed and ready to go.

Last edited:
Do you have to live in Mass to purchace at a show, waiting period, or cash and carry?

IANAL but I believe the rules are the same regardless of whether it is a gun show or a store:
1) From a dealer: long guns, yes; handguns, no unless you then transfer through a dealer in your state; can do C&R transaction on either.
2) From an individual: no, unless it's a C&R (I think?), or you go through a dealer in which case #1 applies.

Kind of disappointed. I walked the whole floor and looked at every single booth, and I counted a total of only about 6 AR-15 uppers, only one of which had a full railed handgrip with a flattop upper receiver. :\

Was also on the lookout for a Kabar TD drop point and didn't see one.

Marlboro Gun Show

Show appeared to be well attended. Picked up a couple of speedloaders for my S&W 19 and also an ammo can of the Australian
.308. Grabbed a 200 rd battlepack of .308 also... you can never have enough!!

commandcaddy

Came home with a new toy. Posted some pics in the January guns thread.
So for me it turned into a pretty damn good show, haha.

I picked up an MI Carbine mag as you can't too many and a couple of nice ammo boxes. It is what it always is.

I was wrong about not having ammo. I guess my memory is faulty

The ammo cans that were two for $15? I got a couple of those also. They're in great shape. I also bought a bunch of ammo which was priced well but not great. I thought about getting a Ruger 22/45 Hunter but the prices were no better than Four Seasons.

I picked up a pre-ban Olympic Arms AR-15 for a good price. Stripped it down, and it's in phenomenal shape. Also grabbed a Rock River lower, and one of the Liotec LED rechargeable flashlights (170 Lumens).

I thought the show was so crowded you could barely look at stuff. By the time someone moved out of the way so you could get closer to a table, someone else would weasel their way in front of you. I'm not sure whos bright idea it was to put tables alongside the big columns but it made trying to get by a pain in the ass.
Lots of high prices, even some accessories I thought about getting were more expensive than if I ordered them online and paid shipping.[thinking] I didn't see one single gun that was priced good enough to make me want it.
All in all not so good of a gun show IMO. Only thing I bought was an AR book so I can figure out how to put my NES stripped receiver together when it gets here and I picked up a case of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 from the NY guys at $175 which was pretty good. I also renewed my GOAL membership (thanks Angela & Derek).
I saw a few NESrs a talked for a while but because of the crowds couldn't find others I knew were there like Fred and Cpher.

Thanks, Ray - you just made me think that I made the right decision: skipping the show. Just don't have a lot of disposable cash at the moment, and didn't really expect that anything that is really on my lust list would show up there for a decent price.

Went to the show and picked some large targets and a couple of history books. Also, finally had the cash to sign up for the GOAL membership. I saw Derek, Angela (obviously since she was the one running the GOAL table) and a couple of other NESers but did not have a chance to talk to anyone. Indeed the crowd was huge. I couldn't find a parking space by the hotel and had to leave my truck at some office park.

Even though I did not buy a gun, I still enjoyed my time there.

I liked this show a lot! Got a bunch of ammo (One of the tables had a great special on Golden Tiger 7.62--$20 for 100 rounds), some hunting knives, a cool book on the history and collecting of SKS's, and a used Remington 1100 with an additional deer barrell for $310. I'm gonna post some pics shortly in the new acquisitons thread..

Also, I finally became a paying member here and picked up a sticker! Got to meet some NES people today too (Derek, Zombi, Junglerott). All in all, it was a great day.

Great seeing everybody today. I must have talked to 25 members. [smile]

It was nice to have Mike (MP1911) to shoot the sh!t with all morning. [wink]

Thanks to the new members who joined GOAL and the members with the renewals. In the 4 hours Angi and I were there she signed up 14 new members and 6 renewals.

Those memberships help us all, thank you.

I bought was an AR book

Ha! Same here, The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide.

Missed seeing anyone that wasn't working a table. Got to thank CPher in person.

Got a decent deal on Aguilla ammo for bullseye. Saw lots of rifles for too much. But a Hi Power for a good price.

cheers,
Chuck

I took my 11 year old nephew to his first show today and he loved it! I had a chance to talk with C-Pher and Stoney Pete.. It always nice to be able to stop and chat for a few.

Once C-Pher pointed out the $15 for 2 ammo cans I left with 4 of them too.

Stopped by the GOAL table just long enough to contribute to the water jug. Nancy was talking and there was a tall gentlemen there as well. Now I'm wondering if it was Mike. Didn't have much time to give more than a nod because my nephew was running towards something he saw on another table!

Regards,

Paul

I'll be going there tomorrow. I'm not sure what time or how much I'll be spending (damn work giving bonuses just before a gun show...)

Back
Top Bottom