Marlboro Gun Show

just left, at the 99 having lunch with my son.
total zoo! mucho people, high priced items. seemed like people shoping at the supermarket before a snowstorm!

Met Kim and a few others

Went this morining, quick line in at opening. Only one ammo dealer $28 for 100 wolf 223, 7.62 was something like $6 a box for golden tiger 500 for $150. Saw two S&W uppers go in the first 10 mins of the show. $495 each. Not sure if they were used or new though. Had the full rail on them. Missed the second by one person.
Saw brand new AR mags with what appeared to be Magpul orange followers for $20. AK mags for $15 for beaters. A Beretta storm rifle for $675 I believe? GSGs for $575 roughly, those seemed to be going quick. Beat Mak 90 was $800 at one table.
AR lowers seemed to be in the balpark of $200 and selling quick at one table. Saw one AK romy drum for $140, only one at the show I saw. Basic post ban ARs were $11150 and up it appeared. One guy had a matching numbers norinco SKS for $285? or so. Also a Russian but cannot remember the price on that.

LOTS of buying the same stuff as the last month. Black rifles, ammo and accessories for the rifles. I did not see any lower parts kits and asked one vendor who usually has them and his are still "on order" with stag.

Last edited:
I am planning on being there when they open on saturday. I always wear a bargaining shirt of somesort. So look for the boobs and that will be me[rofl]. Prob a white shirt or my barrett 50cal tank.

I saw them... I mean you.[smile] Also ran into a bunch of other NESrs and got my sticker from Fred.

I thought I was going to get a good deal on a nice Russian SKS but someone had ground the bayonet lug off so I left it there.[angry]

I renewed my GOAL membership, bought some jerky and a few boxes of ammo and that was it.
Some collectable surplus guns there but nothing that screamed "buy me!"

Anyone looking for some nice Chinese SKS types can find them in the same aisle as Terry Goode's tables. There is a vendor closer to the entrance that had 3 nice ones at fair prices. $260 - $280.

Was there this morning. Got in right at 9AM. Left around 11:00. Found some powders, bullets and primers for OK prices. Was mainly looking for reloading stuff today. Still searching for a S&W 625. No one there had one. Looked really busy when I was leaving.

Good. I don't feel like I missed something then.

Well, Jon, you did miss this:

attachment.php

[grin] This was a little past 10:00am on Saturday. I wasn't really looking to buy anything in particular, just maybe some odds and ends. I figured I'd stop by the GOAL table and see if any other NES folks were hanging around.

It took us about 10 minutes to drive from the Post Road intersection to where the front door of the building was. I heard my wife say "OMG" and looked over toward the door. The line of people was like the Energizer Bunny, it just kept going, and going, and going.... [laugh] It reminded me of the frenzied crowds at computer shows a few years ago. I can only imagine what the crowds inside the building must have been like. I hope everyone paid attention to their personal hygiene! [laugh]

The parking lots were a zoo because of all the traffic and the reduced parking due to the mounds of snow. After finally managing to turn the van around in one of the upper lots we decided to take a pass for this show. I don't think that my bad knee would have held up waiting in a line like this even with my cane, let alone navigating the packed aisles. With demand this high I'd be surprised if any dealers would be inclined to discount anything. I snapped the picture above on the way out.

The only regret I had was not getting to meet some NES folks. [crying] I'm looking to hear some "after action" reports from the folks who braved the throngs. Physically, I just didn't feel up to it. [sad] At least my bride and I had a pleasant ride.

Unfortunately the FN, much like a lot of the several items (xDs, Ruger LCP, and Kel-Tecs) at that particular table were not MA compliant.

Ammunition prices were noticeably higher than the September show.

Got there about 8:30 and had to park up the hill. They were taking someone out and putting them in a ambulance while I was in line. Saw pretty much as others have described. Hung out with Chuck Would and a few others. Met Milsurps 4 me while Chuck was scoring a nice Colt 1903. Was looking for flotter but never hooked up with him.
I bought some lead bullets from "Reload's n more" at a fair price. Picked up some brand new early preban Colt 30 round ar15 mags with the shiny green followers for $30.00 per.
Got some Venison jerky and that was about it.

i got there around 11

only saw one lower, but wasnt looking too hard. the lower was about 190

al the AK and AR mags i saw were 20$ and up. but there were plenty of both at the 20$ level

i saw a wasr10 at 700 and something.

Privi 5.56 ammo was up but not horrible.

2 friends and i went there to see if we couldn't score a decent priced p22 or Beretta 96. sure enough, we didn't.

was tempted to throw the C&R down on a 1895 Nagant but opted not to. grabbed some stripper clips and spoons for my AR and left.

worse of all. the Wendys in town was packed!!! went to boston market.

I bought a few small items but the crowds were ridiculous. There was one guy with Desantis holsters (I bought a Nemesis) who had a good selection and prices. Other than that, I looked at Garands and most of the prices were ridiculous. There was one Lithgow Garand in good shape for $750 and that was the best deal I saw. There was also a pre-ban FAL in very nice shape but it was $3900.[puke]

Even the NY ammo guys had a poor selection.

One bright spot was I met Raoul Duke in person. I inadvertently insulted his car and he took it well. Other than that though, I give the show a rating of solidly lame.

i got there around 1:00.

i held a CZ75B and a XD in .45 since that's as close as i was going to get to those guns in this state. i wanted both of them... they were fair priced, too. i was on the hunt for a 1911 and ended up finding a silver S&W 1911. i walked around the whole place a few times and the one i got was the best price in the building at the time and almost exactly the same as the one EC owns that he let me shoot last week.

i was also looking at a beat LAR-15 but i didn't like the upper on it so i didn't buy it. there's no rush to get an AR... yet... anyone check out the AR chambered in 7.62, too? that thing was in good shape it looked like. i also checked out the romanian AKs which weren't priced too bad i didn't think.

it sounds like i must have just missed a bunch of you guys there. maybe we could try to have some kind of semi-organized meet at the show in fitchburg in march? i'll be saving up money until then. here's the new 1911:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I thought the prices were pretty high. If I am going to have to pay those sort of prices, I will go to my local gun dealer who I know and trust. If I am fighting the crowds and getting jostled, I want a deal! BTW, parking was horrendous in the morning!

Was it my imagingation, or was pretty much every rifle there an antique or almost an antique. Don't them make new rifles anymore?

I ran into an old coworker, who was helping out behind one of the tables..he said.."have you ever seen anything like this??? people are trying to buy anything they can, as fast as they can"

I still watched a shitload of people leaving empty handed.

I just got home....long day!!

I actually parked half of my truck on a snow bank! Parking was bad even as early as I arrived.

It was nice to meet more NES people, as always! Although I thought more people would have stopped by.

The crowds were crazy, but I really didn't have to go to far because I was right next to the beef jerky table[grin]

If I didn't want a sticker that Fred has, I would probably skip this show. Not a big fan of shows with massive crowds. You can't see anything. Big difference from last year. The place was half empty and the vendors complaining about the lack of sales. How things have changed. I'm thinking that FFLs are silently thanking Obama for the brisk sales they are having now.

When I got there today they had packed a lot of people into the area alongside and behind where you buy tickets. Took about 5 minutes of standing there before they started letting people in right at 9am.

Still, I walked around the whole place and halfway again before the aisles starting filling up with people. It really only starts to get packed at around a little after 10am.

Back
Top Bottom