Marlboro Sept. 22 & 23

I will be going for sure
I always go
I can not imagine not going
Where the hell else can you get such good deals on all you favorite assault weapons and buy what ever you want with all of the gun show loop holes
OH man I can smell the stench of rotting flesh as I type. . . . . . . oh wait that is just the jerky smell I remember but anyway folks DO NOT miss the event
There is no better melting pot of culture and diversity in the world bar none . . . . . except maybe at a Tobey Keith concert

I try to go to every show even if its a hole in the wall show at a club.

Gun shows are like the lottery... you can't win if you don't play.

Last edited:
Marlboro = disappointment (past 4 shows) no good ammo deals, overpriced guns, out of state dealers lying about mags being pre-ban, trying sell it for a premium price.
only good deals in Marlboro are ammo cans, but i stacked up already.

Never been to Plymouth, but it's right by my in-laws, so i will definitely attend, just to see what's cooking. not holding my hopes up though.

Ammo cans weren't even a plus at the last one. The previous one, yes.

No doubt ammo prices suck even the cheap ruskie ammo,I go for the reloading stuff powder,primers etc[rofl]Ohh yeah to laugh at the people who overprice the junk they think is gold.

Both Marlboro and Wilmington offer ammo sales inside the show so its often fairly priced at around $220/$240 for steel cased 7.62x39. Its usually only at the Springfield show that the prices are jacked up high because the NY vendors are the only ammo dealers there in the tent.
I scored last year at Marlboro when a vendor had a case of 204 Ruger for $120.

I went to the Marlboro Show last year. First show I have ever gone too and I don't remember what I paid to get in, but I remember being like WTF that is overpriced. All i purchased was beef jerkey (which was not good.) I remember seeing some .223 at a pretty good price, maybe some 9mm too.

Sad thing is I had $1200 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. I was surrounded by guns and ammo and didn't buy anything. I probably won't go again this year.

Last edited:
There will be vendors there that are FFL's from out of state. They might have nice brand new handguns that you might be able to fondle, but you won't be able to purchase if they're not MA-compliant.

Can they sell used guns that are not mass compliant, or do they have to operate like any shop in Mass?

Can they sell used guns that are not mass compliant, or do they have to operate like any shop in Mass?

FFLs in MA are FFLs in MA, no difference whether they are at a gun show or not. Obviously WRT compliance results are going to vary depending on the FFL.

-Mike

Do they have any descent AR parts at these shows? Maybe cheap pre ban mags? I am building my 1st AR soon, and might check on a couple things.

52 for my first LTC or any form of firearms license for that matter.

Whew - thanks. At "almost" 51, I thought I might be the old man on this one. [smile]

What is the entry fee going to be this year, $15? [rofl] Every year they keep jacking it up a dollar.-Mike

But, when they raise it by $1 each year, they try and give everyone the $1 off coupon, so it always "feels" like it's the same as last year [laugh]

I will be there.....working as usual. The show IMO has gone way down hill. The promoter hasn't helped matters either.

Looking forward to Plymouth however don't be surprised if it isn't the same dealers who also set up at Marlboro..

I do get to find some deals from what I call 'walk ins". Folks who come in selling items they either are tired of, or found in their relatives homes. Relatives who have passed on.

I'll be there. Question - Can you bring a gun to sell to the show? Thanks!

Like was said above, yes. You'll have to let them "make it safe" to comply with the show's rules (plastic tie to keep the action open), and remember, you'll be in close quarters. For a long gun: Slung, with a "for sale" flag in the muzzle is an excellent way to carry, just from the point of view of moving around. A handgun is another matter. If it's not in a case, make sure you don't start sweeping the crowd as you're trying to get it noticed.

Now...remember that you'll likely be selling to a dealer (unless another attendee says, "COOL!") so they're going to want to pay wholesale, not retail.

If you think that you might get another attendee interested, bring a couple of FA-10s!

Another thing to remember.....everyone wants a deal. Leave wiggle room in the price you ask, as opposed to what you'll take. When I've sold stuff, I've generally put blue-sky retail on it, then added 10-15%, just to have room to come down to reality. Several times....."I'll take it " has been the response to the over-the-top figure.

Good luck

I try to go to every show even if its a hole in the wall show at a club.

Gun shows are like the lottery... you can't win if you don't play.

2 or 3 shows ago I walked past a Izzy SKS and didn't once think about talking the asker down. Logged onto NES and saw what it went for... have kicked myself since.

I've never been one for haggling- but God. Damn. It.

and along those lines, just last year, I saw a PSL priced fairly. And you pointed out a few Saigas either last year or a year ago that were definitely priced fair in regards to the panic that was then going on. And you and I stumbled on some nice Molot mags. I even found a nice bayonet that I'm not talking about on here because it was highway theft from a dealer that I always see selling shit for diamonds. You just have to know what you are looking at.

People gotta go and look and be realistic- but even at Marlborough, there are still things that are priced well. No they aren't free, but you aren't robbing your neighbor's widow after he passed... just think realistic.

Last edited:
Is one better than the other? Haven't been to Plymouth before as Marlboro is much closer for me.

The upcoming Plymouth show (Oct 6 & 7) will be a first. I don't know if that particular place has ever had a gun show in the past, but I've never been to one in Plymouth and I've been going to gun shows since I was knee-high. My father is a gun show GURU and we used to set up at them all over New England. Sadly his health no longer allows him to do it any more.

There will most likely be vendors at the Plymouth show that have never been to the Marlboro show. You may see vendors at the Plymouth show that have set up at Marlboro before but probably not the majority of the usual Marlboro faces. I am very interested to see what the Plymouth show will be like. Mainly I'm just glad it's a way shorter distance from my house than Marlboro.

I've never been one for haggling- but God. Damn. It.

If there's one thing I certainly did not inherit from my father, it's the ability to haggle. He is a master at it.
I couldn't talk a salesman down a dollar at a car dealership, but my old man could put the spell on people. He's got the gift of gab for sure and I suspect he just talked most of his dealings into submission. [laugh]

If there's one thing I certainly did not inherit from my father, it's the ability to haggle. He is a master at it.
I couldn't talk a salesman down a dollar at a car dealership, but my old man could put the spell on people. He's got the gift of gab for sure and I suspect he just talked most of his dealings into submission. [laugh]

You don't have to haggle, I give you stuff[wink]

Like was said above, yes. You'll have to let them "make it safe" to comply with the show's rules (plastic tie to keep the action open), and remember, you'll be in close quarters. For a long gun: Slung, with a "for sale" flag in the muzzle is an excellent way to carry, just from the point of view of moving around. A handgun is another matter. If it's not in a case, make sure you don't start sweeping the crowd as you're trying to get it noticed.

Now...remember that you'll likely be selling to a dealer (unless another attendee says, "COOL!") so they're going to want to pay wholesale, not retail.

If you think that you might get another attendee interested, bring a couple of FA-10s!

Another thing to remember.....everyone wants a deal. Leave wiggle room in the price you ask, as opposed to what you'll take. When I've sold stuff, I've generally put blue-sky retail on it, then added 10-15%, just to have room to come down to reality. Several times....."I'll take it " has been the response to the over-the-top figure.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice. It's a P239 and I have the case and all the originals. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom