Marlboro Sept. 22 & 23

^ True. And do I not also give you stuff? [wink]

ETA: If you're really in the giving mood, you could give me the phone # of the blondie in your avatar.

You should buy her calendar all the proceeds go to Support the Troops. Its well worth it!!!!!!

If you want to order Kathy's calender go to http://cathyrankin.com/blog/

Last edited:
Here's a link to the coupon.

http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/library/all-coupon w-background.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Another quick question, is it ok to carry at the show? Thanks in advance.

The SOP is to ask if you're carrying. If you say yes, they have your firearm rendered safe, with plastic tie-wraps as are all the guns in the show.

There may be some that try to evade it, under the "I disarm for nobody" theory, but it's a private venue - their house, their rules.

The SOP is to ask if you're carrying. If you say yes, they have your firearm rendered safe, with plastic tie-wraps as are all the guns in the show.

There may be some that try to evade it, under the "I disarm for nobody" theory, but it's a private venue - their house, their rules.

I think this is also the show where they collect and hold your ammo in a little baggy at the door.

I'll be going.Kind of a hoot, I think. It's kind of a modern version of a fur trapper's rendezvous. People coming in from all over to sift through the stuff to find a few bargains. A couple of things I found: 1.) get there early on the first day. 2.) Cash is king.
See you there

Ok this is probably the dumbest question ever but... What do you guys do if you do load up in ammo at the show. If I can find a case of 9mm a case of 762x39 or a case of 556 at good prices I plan on grabbing them. Any tips on hauling the stuff out?

Ok this is probably the dumbest question ever but... What do you guys do if you do load up in ammo at the show. If I can find a case of 9mm a case of 762x39 or a case of 556 at good prices I plan on grabbing them. Any tips on hauling the stuff out?

If you buy it from the guys from new York whose personality is just so pleasant, they will allow you to have one of their slave labor helpers haul it out on a hand truck. If they are busy, they take your cash, point, not speak, point, and you pick it up and carry it out...if you want to leave it with me until your done with the show I will hold onto to it for you. I will be at the Stoney Acres Sports tables usually next to the NY ammo guys.
Just a thought, you should wait and buy your ammo at the New Hampshire shows, Rileys is usually there which drives the NY guys prices down and there is no sales tax.

If you buy it from the guys from new York whose personality is just so pleasant, they will allow you to have one of their slave labor helpers haul it out on a hand truck. If they are busy, they take your cash, point, not speak, point, and you pick it up and carry it out...if you want to leave it with me until your done with the show I will hold onto to it for you. I will be at the Stoney Acres Sports tables usually next to the NY ammo guys.
Just a thought, you should wait and buy your ammo at the New Hampshire shows, Rileys is usually there which drives the NY guys prices down and there is no sales tax.

I met you last year. Thanks for the help and the offer. This really is somewhat hypothetical anyways. The best ammo deal that I've ever found was the last Wilmington show. I found the federal xm193 on stripper clips for 149, but those have handles. New Hampshire shows seem to have the better deals for sure. I need to get up to Riley's some time.

My best friend and i will be going, we both just got our LTC's, I am 60, he's 70. We won't have any problem finding the place, we've been to the Marlboro site many many times over the years, all computer shows, when they were all the rage, anyone else ? ;) (remember standing in line for the computer shows there for an hour in the middle of the winter)

my buddy and i have new m&p9's and might be interested in having trigger jobs done at the marlborough show this weekend, does that happen there ?

What time is the wedding? The show opens at nine, and if you're in a tux, they may let you cut to the front of the line.

My wedding was on May 18, 1996. That is also the day of the last Marlboro show run by GOAL (Newmart Promotions runs them now).

And yes, I went to the gun show. It set the proper precedent.

my buddy and i have new m&p9's and might be interested in having trigger jobs done at the marlborough show this weekend, does that happen there ?

No, anyone who is a gunsmith will gladly take it from you and bring it to his shop but as to on site gunsmith work, sorry no dice.

. M+P's triggers IMHO are god awful. I don't blame you for wanting them worked on.

My wedding was on May 18, 1996. That is also the day of the last Marlboro show run by GOAL (Newmart Promotions runs them now).

And yes, I went to the gun show. It set the proper precedent.

Hold the phone....you went to a gunshow on your wedding day[hmmm].....just a thought but you left your bride on your wedding day instead of .....well most people know what I am thinking.

Also you must have had a hell of a reception[laugh]

Hey what ever floats your boat big guy[smile]

Back
Top Bottom