• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlborough show

I think I'll be going on Sunday, just need to find a couple of accessories (no guns [sad2]) and maybe a new flashlight.

I'm interested in some reports from those of you that went today. I'm heading up tomorrow and have an interest in bulk ammo, especially 5.56 and 5.45. I'm especially interested in recently manufactured M855 and M193 on the ten-round stripper clips, preferably in the sealed, 840-round cans.

This was the same show as a few months ago, just with a few less tables and guns. It was like they closed the doors and re-oppened them a few months later. I got some good deals on magazines, that was about it. Talked to the usual NESrs and met a few new ones, I think C-pher crop dusted us while we were standing next to the Powder Keg tables.

yeah, this show sucked. Like ray said, it was the same show except less stock. There was a m92 krinkov kit for $895, but that was about the only interesting thing I saw.

7.62x39 was going for $220 for 1k of golden tiger and the same for 1,250 of yugo surplus. (which is actually a good deal). As I was trying to lowball the guy the golden tiger sold out lol. He had 1k of 5.45x39 for $190, which is, needless to say, outrageous.

Time to buy my re-stock off the internet. Screw you, lame gun show.

Last edited:
I see that some of you guys are into the AK's and I also recognize a couple of you as having posted in the Saiga conversion threads. I am one of those who recently picked up a Saiga in 5.45 from MFL with the idea of possibly doing a conversion. Anyone at the show with conversion kits??

I came around 9am, less people than before. It depends what you are looking for. Collector's firearms table is busy as ever, they had some cheap Mosins for something like $110, while everyone else was selling $150+ hex and non-hex. 9mm Mak ammo is nowhere to be found and more expensive than at FS. Different vendors and more milsurp clothing, I think. It's not a bad way to spend your morning.

I didn't see any conversion kits.

Wow, no conversion kits and over-priced ammo!! It doesn't sound like a very good show!! Is there anything that makes it worthwhile for me to travel from Taunton to Marlboro tomorrow?? Or is it more worthwhile for me to simply drive up to MFL tomorrow to drop coin??

Wow, no conversion kits and over-priced ammo!! It doesn't sound like a very good show!! Is there anything that makes it worthwhile for me to travel from Taunton to Marlboro tomorrow?? Or is it more worthwhile for me to simply drive up to MFL tomorrow to drop coin??

Stay home. I don't think the case ammo will be there by tomorrow. They sold out of LC M855 before 1PM (50 cases out the door). They had maybe 30 cases left of XM193 and it was going fast.

I just got back from here...showed up at 930 with my dad, and spent 3 hours browsing the convention center.... I really wasn't impressed, saw some neat toys, very few good prices at least for what I was looking for and overpriced ammo... not worth it in my eyes...

Nothing really jumped out at me, except that M16M203 :)

Bought a bunch of misc AR parts for my latest build from the parts guy on the far left wall. He's always got the little doo-dads I need. Took a gamble on a few mini-14 mags.

Probably not. You're probably better off stopping at Rileys and MFL. There is only one ammo vendor there, the NY guys, and some of their stuff was OK price wise- I got a couple boxes of PPU .380 for $15 a piece, most places its $18-$20. They ran out of M855, though, some M193 there but not as cheap as it was in Wilmington. Wilmington was far better for bulk ammo because the elvis guy vendor depressed their pricing by $10+ a case on a lot of their stuff.

-Mike

Only found a mag in excellent condition for a old Colt huntsman at a good price, but that made the trip worth it.

Went today wanting to buy AK mags and 7.62x39 ammo. I didn't want to pay $220/1000 for the Golden Tiger and the guy wouldn't come down a penny, and my ass was too lazy to buy the case of Yugo for $220 and carry it back to the car. I may head up to MFA in the next few weeks or wait for the Concord show. I did score a bunch of pre ban AK mags at good prices, especially from Fred (50 BMG) at Stoney Acre, thanks to SKS Ray. I finally put a lot of faces to avatars (SKS Ray, flintoid, C-pher, shadyduk1979 & his dad Norm, and a few others that I can't remember) and I had fun hanging out with everyone. I was the guy in the hawaiian shirt trying his best not to buy any more firearms.

Ash

OK, full disclosure. I did break down and I bought a mint Smith-Corona 1903A3 with original barrel from Pack & Postal's table. It's been a long time (if ever) since I have seen one in as good condition. I was weak.

If anyone is looking for a nice USGI M1 carbine, C-pher's table (Powder Keg) had a six-digit Inland for a very good price. It was a mixmaster with late WWII parts, but it was all USGI and it had the original Inland General Motors barrel. I was going to grab it before I saw the Smith-Corona.

Nothing really jumped out at me, except that M16M203 :)

Bought a bunch of misc AR parts for my latest build from the parts guy on the far left wall. He's always got the little doo-dads I need. Took a gamble on a few mini-14 mags.

Agree with you totally. The M60 was also very nice! Bought some some odds and ends at the AR guy all the way to the left as well. Everything else I didn't really care for.

By about 245 - 300 the place had thinned out like crazy. Hope they have a decent crowd tomorrow. Prices were still on the higher side. Only thing I bought was the entrance ticket. Sold a couple items , I'm a happy camper. Did get to visit with Boss Drover at Powder Keg. Also spoke w/ Becka and Ben Cartwright . Oh ya , did a couple laps of the place w/ Knob Creek . That's always a good time.

Not a terrible show. I came late when it was thinning out due to the fact that I was searching out my wallet for 3 hours...friggin dog. Ended up trading my .308 ammo for new Glock 17 mags AND got a small of the back holster for my 1911. NOt bad.

The ammo prices were a wee high and I think I'll stick to 4 seasons for that for now.....didn't get a new gun yet - still waiting on my new license and won't bother til I know for sure that I have it....DID see an AMT backup in .45 as well as the Ruger LCP - not MA compliant....how is it that Ruger's Judge isn't MA compliant? I'd have bought that!

WASRs are more expensive and that's a crying shame.

Was considering going tomorrow. Did anyone happen to notice if there were any bodyguards on sale or p22's with good prices?

This was the same show as a few months ago, just with a few less tables and guns. It was like they closed the doors and re-oppened them a few months later. I got some good deals on magazines, that was about it. Talked to the usual NESrs and met a few new ones, I think C-pher crop dusted us while we were standing next to the Powder Keg tables.

Crop dusted? I thought the places septic system exploded!!!!

Why on earth are there so many Auto Ordnance 1911A1's for $550-$650???

I was looking all over for you...passed you, about to say Hi and I was stopped by someone...when I turned around you were gone.

Crop dusted? I thought the places septic system exploded!!!!

I DID NOT Crop Dust Ray and the group. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom