Marlborough show

It was great to see everyone as well as getting the opportunity to put some names to faces that I've seen for a while. It was the only thing that made the show worth the $10 entry fee. [smile]

I am one of those who recently picked up a Saiga in 5.45 from MFL with the idea of possibly doing a conversion. Anyone at the show with conversion kits??

AFAIK no one sells Saiga conversion kits at gun shows in this area. I've never seen any but if someone did... $$$$! They'd be rolling in it.
You're better off searching Carolina Shooters Supply or Dinzag Arms and going from there.

Probably not. You're probably better off stopping at Rileys and MFL. There is only one ammo vendor there, the NY guys, and some of their stuff was OK price wise- I got a couple boxes of PPU .380 for $15 a piece, most places its $18-$20. They ran out of M855, though, some M193 there but not as cheap as it was in Wilmington. Wilmington was far better for bulk ammo because the elvis guy vendor depressed their pricing by $10+ a case on a lot of their stuff.

-Mike

Geez Mike, you are killing me here. I just cannot find any excuse for going there tomorrow, except to meet folks. If you don't mind me asking, what was the going price on the M193?? Was it the 1000 round cans or the 840 round cans with the rounds on stripper clips?? I looking for some AK74 mags too. Would that make a trip worthwhile?? At this point, it is looking like MFL and Riley's stand a better chance of getting my cash.

AFAIK no one sells Saiga conversion kits at gun shows in this area. I've never seen any but if someone did... $$$$! They'd be rolling in it.
You're better off searching Carolina Shooters Supply or Dinzag Arms and going from there.

I caught some of your replies in the Saiga conversion thread and already checked out Carolina Shooters Supply. It appears that I will probably place an order with them on Monday. Thanks for those links.

Geez Mike, you are killing me here. I just cannot find any excuse for going there tomorrow, except to meet folks. If you don't mind me asking, what was the going price on the M193?? Was it the 1000 round cans or the 840 round cans with the rounds on stripper clips?? I looking for some AK74 mags too. Would that make a trip worthwhile?? At this point, it is looking like MFL and Riley's stand a better chance of getting my cash.

I saw quite a few ak74 mags there, might be worth it, hell i think meeting other members is at least worth the admission :)

I didn't meet anyone... but... I tend to blend into the woodwork. heh.

Wasn't an awful deal on S&B 9mm... $10.50 a box I think? I needed some, so I figured I'd grab some while I was there to hold me over til I find a better deal.
Other than that, not much there for me, but I suppose just wandering around and window shopping for a few hours is enough fun to make it worth $9.... if you have nothing better to do.
I was, as usual, amazed by some of the prices people thought they'd get. A used pistol at a show for more than I can buy it for new in a shop? No thanks. [laugh]

Unfortunately, the show is really turning into a flea market - coins, flashlights, jerky, clothes... and a few guns. I really wish the organizer could put guns on one side of the hall, and everything else on the other side.

I did see some decently priced older guns (C&R types), and more lugers than I've ever seen at a gun show. One table had boxes of primers for $31 or $32, which is a real deal compared to the usual vendors. I'm glad I stopped in Pelham, NH last week and picked up some supplies. I easily saved $30 over the gunshow prices - before tax!

As usual, two hours of entertainment for $9.00 (with $1.00 coupon). Anyone looking for a deal is in the wrong place. But since it's two miles from the house, how could I not go?

OK, based on a couple of posts here, I guess I will have to stop in for AK74 mags. Thanks folks.

Was considering going tomorrow. Did anyone happen to notice if there were any bodyguards on sale or p22's with good prices?

Only saw 1 bodyguard and it was the older man by the door and it had the crimson trace on it, but I also saw a few people touching it so not sure if it sold. The price was $500 something...

Myself and Kid Presentable were poking around, I finally gave in and got some molded ear plugs made and hoping that they are worth the $$. Kid did pick up a part he needed for his AR. But other than that just a few hours of browsing..

Last edited:
Got to meet a few NESers...but a lot of you didn't say HI. What's up with that?? LOL!

The only time I saw you was in the morning when you went sailing past us in line and Greg shouted out to you, but you looked like a man on a mission. I cruised by the GOAL booth 3 or 4 times, but didn't notice you around.

Is Eastern Security (safes) there this time? The show date list on there web site is for last year.

Yep, Brian and I were talking for sometime...he's really wanting some of the NES Zombie Shirt. LOL!

i saw that you'd said you'd be there but i didn't see you around. ran into atmay and drgrant though.

I did too...they were next to our tables and we talked for about 20 minutes.

The only time I saw you was in the morning when you went sailing past us in line and Greg shouted out to you, but you looked like a man on a mission. I cruised by the GOAL booth 3 or 4 times, but didn't notice you around.

HAHA That's because I wasn't at the GOAL Table. I've been working with the Powder Keg for the past 7 or so years. I was running out to the truck to get a box for a gun we just sold. You were down where Greg was trying to get something just to get the HK Box I think he said.

I didn't see any wolf primers. There were some .40/10mm bullets and depending on the .223 bullets you're looking for there were some there. For .223I saw some pulls, some 55gr and some 62 gr, and lots of sierra .224s up to 77gr. There were Winchester primers for $155/5k There were powders there but I didn't pay too much attention to prices or variety.

The place was flush with knives.
Anyone see wolf primers or reloading components? (40 and 223 bullets) Powder?

Walked around for a couple of hours. Picked up some 45 Colt ammo for my revolver and a leather strap for the Garand. Show was alright.

So I went, bought a few small items. I met Fred aka 50bmg he gave me a good deal on some Bulgarian mags. There were a few deals to be had but nothing too special. I found most of the long gun prices were ok, pistols were over priced. Tons of knives and miscellaneous items. The one thing I wanted I couldn't find but maybe I just missed it.

Back
Top Bottom