Mass Compliant Sig P365

I bought a frame for $13 online. No FFL required. There is a cutout to show the serial on the trigger group.

On another note, I was in a LGS the other day and heard someone talking about a wait list for P365 and one of the shop people were showing their free state P365 and pointing to another gun for the type of safety it will have. I didn't get involved in the conversation because I already have one, but does that mean people are lining up already for the MA compliant one already? The shop guy was describing the method I legally acquired mine as an alternative, so I can only imagine they were talking about MA waitlist.
Where online did u get it from

Where online did u get it from

If you mean the polymer grip module, Midwest Gun Works. Two notes though: 1) They have since gone up in price to $19 now, and 2) They go in and out of stock crazy fast. I got an email one day that they were back in stock. About 15 minutes after the email, I tried to order and they were out of stock already. Not sure if inventory has improved since then.

Sig Sauer P365 Grip Module Kit

Oooh, can't wait...
r8i3OEl.gif

We should start seeing them in feb/March in MA. Controversy aside I was not too impressed when I shot one last week. Kinda felt cheap and overpriced given all the hype. I'll likely pass and look at the SA911 or P938.

They are fairly snappy shooters, even more so than comparably sized pistols like the Shield. Could be because the grip is tiny. The hype was more about the 10rd capacity in a microcompact than it was about the gun being a great shooter or aesthetic work of art. I mean, this entire class is just about EDC concealment over all else, so to get 10rds out of a gun that is smaller that other brand's 6+1 is kind of a miracle.

The build quality of mine is great. I don't think it feels cheap, unless you really squeeze the grip without a mag in it (it flexes). The slide is machined great and has almost no wobble on the rails, yet racks easy enough. Mags are metal and drop free. Sig night sights are super bright. Stippling is a little aggressive, but not terrible.

And I hoped the extra traffic in this thread was because the new list was released and it was on it, not some crank yanking..

when does the first list of the year usual get posted ?

They are fairly snappy shooters, even more so than comparably sized pistols like the Shield. Could be because the grip is tiny. The hype was more about the 10rd capacity in a microcompact than it was about the gun being a great shooter or aesthetic work of art. I mean, this entire class is just about EDC concealment over all else, so to get 10rds out of a gun that is smaller that other brand's 6+1 is kind of a miracle.

The build quality of mine is great. I don't think it feels cheap, unless you really squeeze the grip without a mag in it (it flexes). The slide is machined great and has almost no wobble on the rails, yet racks easy enough. Mags are metal and drop free. Sig night sights are super bright. Stippling is a little aggressive, but not terrible.

This is a pretty accurate review. I'd agree, mine is a snappy shooter, and it feels like the build quality is good. No feeding or striker issues yet, but it's several hundred rounds from being able to be called carry ready (at least for me)

This is a pretty accurate review. I'd agree, mine is a snappy shooter, and it feels like the build quality is good. No feeding or striker issues yet, but it's several hundred rounds from being able to be called carry ready (at least for me)

The snappiness must be just weight, now that I think of it. I have three guns of this approximate size. Shield 9mm, P365, and a Kahr P9. Of those three, the Shield is the least snappy, then the P365, and then the Kahr as the snappiest of the three. If you look at the pistol weights (empty), the Shield is 19oz, P365 is 17oz, and the Kahr is 15oz. The Kahr being nearly 1/4 lighter than the Shield makes a noticeable difference in muzzle flip, despite having a slightly longer grip than the other two.

The snappy comment was an observation, not a judgement. Physics matters.

I also own a shield, PM9 and the newest, a 365. I agree that the snappy factor goes

Shield < P365 < PM9

Lots of rounds downrange with the shield, fewer with the PM9, and only a couple hundred (so far) with the 365.

Still carrying my G19 for a daily.

The snappy comment was an observation, not a judgement. Physics matters.

I also own a shield, PM9 and the newest, a 365. I agree that the snappy factor goes

Shield < P365 < PM9

Lots of rounds downrange with the shield, fewer with the PM9, and only a couple hundred (so far) with the 365.

Still carrying my G19 for a daily.

That was more for my own curiosity than anything else. Given the grip size, one would think the P9 would have been the least snappy, but I guess weight is the most important factor on that end. That's why steel frame guns tend to shoot soft I guess.

I upgraded my Shield with an Apex carry trigger kit and Magguts 8+1 flush mag. I'm currently torn between slightly liking how the Shield shooters over the P365 vs the slightly more concealable P365 at the 10+1 capacity. If the difference in shooting comfort is marginal, I think I'd take the capacity. Been carrying my P365 daily now that it is broken in.

They were pieces of shit when they came out, and they'll be slightly less pieces of shit when they hit the fudd stores in MA.
Avoid.

Just picked up a free state version down here. Put 350 rounds through it yesterday. I'm completely in love. I have small hands and it fits perfectly. I don't find it snappy at all. One handed, off hand, completely manageable. Double taps were fine as well. It was born on December 29th 2018, so it's a very new build. No issue with spring in the mag well, not as much striker drag as before, and zero malfunctions shooting all kinds of ammo, good stuff and aluminum garbage.

To anyone buying the 365 (you should), if you find like I did, the flush base mag to be utterly useless, Ndz makes a nice replacement that is similar to the pinky mag, and just a hair smaller. Feels great, I recommend it.

Sig Sauer P365 Short Magazine Extension In Black - Solid Aluminum Upgrades | NDZ Performance

Yeah, the flush mag is kind of pointless. The p365 is already compact enough that even with the pinky mag, it is the same top to bottom height of a Shield with a flat mag, but yet you get more fingers on the p365 pinky mag. I may get something like this for my flat mag. I still can't believe they stuff 10 rds in these mags. It's like a magic trick.

Still getting my NE Shooters forum on during commercials. Go Pats!

Hmm. Can you do that??? I thought the safety and P320 trigger group were integral. If it's a matter of removing it and dealing with a small hole in the side of the gun, I'll do that than search out a free-state version.

You can remove the safety from the 320 and replace the safety bar inside the chassis with the non safety one , we do it all the time

Back
Top Bottom