Massacusettes "assault" weapons questions.

Signa427

Banned
2 questions, each regarding the ownership of 2 rifles that qulify as "assault weapons" in mass.

AR-15 - Can the bolt or firirng pin be detached from the weapon and left in another state so the firearm can be brought back to mass without an FA-10? (personel gunsmithing purposes)
Mini-14 Tactical (RIS, flashhider, detachable magazine, collapsable stock, pistol grip) - Is it legal for me with a mass FID to purchase this gun online and have it sent to a vermont licensed firearms dealer? I would like to leave it at my camp.

You own an AR-15, store it in Vermont and want to bring it home to work on?

Is it pre-ban and/or compliant? (Could you bring it home intact if you did do the paperwork?)

Without the lower or mags you have a box-o-parts. That might or might not fly in the eyes of the law, though. Leave it there.

You can buy longarms in other states. You might have trouble finding an FFL that will broker a rifle that would be illegal for you to bring home, though. You could find a local to make the purchase for you and then buy it ftf, but that would illegal enough to put both of you away for a decade or so.

Stick with firearms that are legal here in MA or move there, would be my suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom