Monadnock & NES needs your help

Some other group recently tried to build a range in the area (Ridgeline was it?) and got shut down hard, didn't stand a chance. I doubt we'll ever see a new outdoor range created in NH, unless it is some guys in their back yard.
Can confirm it was not Ridgeline. Shot there Memorial Day weekend. They’re up in Dalton not down near Jaffery.
A4A4A640-BCA3-45E0-8A7E-FB3332DB94CC.jpeg

There is historical information you are not aware of.
Having sat in a couple of those town meetings with Alex and his attorney it was pretty astounding what the board of selectmen allowed to be said. It was literally a character assassination of Alex instead of the pros/cons of his proposed business to the town. They went back years on his facebook timeline and showed the residents his memes and other .mil humor posts. Pretty much called him a psycho baby killer.

Unless its in the middle of nowhere I don't know how any new ranges get started in New England.

Just run this by you guys. Are there dinosaurs out in the woods on Monadnock’s property? I swear to God I want to take a P one time I ran into a t-Rex or something.....

Just run this by you guys. Are there dinosaurs out in the woods on Monadnock’s property? I swear to God I want to take a P one time I ran into a t-Rex or something.....

Yes. There are T-Rex archery targets. And they are a giant pain in the ass to transport 🤣

It’s not like they don’t have facilities but I wander off into the archery area every time I feel like I’m watching Jurassic World or something..I’ll try to be serious but then I find my self all alone with a dinosaur.

Having sat in a couple of those town meetings with Alex and his attorney it was pretty astounding what the board of selectmen allowed to be said. It was literally a character assassination of Alex instead of the pros/cons of his proposed business to the town. They went back years on his facebook timeline and showed the residents his memes and other .mil humor posts. Pretty much called him a psycho baby killer.

Unless its in the middle of nowhere I don't know how any new ranges get started in New England.

And while they waited for the approval, abutting property for sale was quietly bought up by an anonymous company. I believe it had ties to a nearby resident and a large company with trucking routes in upstate NH and in CA. Just like Newton, MA drag .gov drags their feet until the owner of the range/lgs moves on. [angry2]

Besides approval from the Winchester zoning and planning boards, the facility would also need state approval, according to Hartmann.
The timing is somewhat at the mercy of when the approvals come through, he said, although if all goes well, he'd like to open the marksmanship park at some point next year.

ETA: this was six months after the article linked by Admin.

1624122531467.png

Last edited:
If you are a member at a range my strong advice to you would be to have a survey and have your ENTIRE border posted with no trespassing and "active shooting range" signs.

Also record in club meeting minutes the events that were held, how many people attended and names of everyone who helped. Take pictures at all events. Save them with your minutes.

MRGCI got really hosed by not having old pics of events being held on the archery trail ring

The elements of adverse possession in NH are:

1. the use must be adverse (without permission and hostile to the owner's interests);

2. it must be notorious (the owner has had notice of the use);

3.it must be continuous and uninterrupted; it must be exclusive (not in common with neighbors, or others),

4.and it must be for a period of at least 20 years as defined in the statute of limitations for the recovery of real property (see RSA 508:2, I).

If all 4 things are met the court must hand title of the used land to the occupier of said land.

Not a lawyer, not legal advice, just stuff of the net.

Full link NH Law About ...: Adverse Possession: Read About The Law ...

1. the use must be adverse (without permission and hostile to the owner's interests);

3.it must be continuous and uninterrupted; it must be exclusive (not in common with neighbors, or others),

4.and it must be for a period of at least 20 years as defined in the statute of limitations for the recovery of real property (see RSA 508:2, I).

If all 4 things are met the court must hand title of the used land to the occupier of said land.

We had all those things. Unfortunately we needed more proof of them. Which is why I made the list of things for other ranges to do above.

Why can't we have a NES shoot at the club?

I get the dispute over a certain piece of land, fine, but why can't we have a shoot on the piece of land that is not on dispute?

The money could go towards helping the club or simply just pissing off those c*nt neighbors.

Why can't we have a NES shoot at the club?

I get the dispute over a certain piece of land, fine, but why can't we have a shoot on the piece of land that is not on dispute?

The money could go towards helping the club or simply just pissing off those c*nt neighbors.
I would drop a chunk of change in a heartbeat

Number 2 is the problem. How do you prove it?

I would drop a chunk of change in a heartbeat
look back through the thread. I believe the court shut them down.
It's one of the things that make it clear this isn't about the land or environment. They order the club to pay AND shut down operations that would allow them to generate at least some income. It's nothing short of a debtor's prison, they can't pay their debt, so they locked you up insuring you never can pay the debt.

It's one of the things that make it clear this isn't about the land or environment. They order the club to pay AND shut down operations that would allow them to generate at least some income. It's nothing short of a debtor's prison, they can't pay their debt, so they locked you up insuring you never can pay the debt.
It has been covered. But if the club still put some effort together to pay it off I would still send some green.

But isn't NH the kind of place you can shoot anywhere as long as someone doesn't say you can't?

The way I see it, the club is now a piece of land. If it is not posted, and the club isn't officially sanctioning the shoot, then we should be able to. Right?

But isn't NH the kind of place you can shoot anywhere as long as someone doesn't say you can't?

The way I see it, the club is now a piece of land. If it is not posted, and the club isn't officially sanctioning the shoot, then we should be able to. Right?
Good enough for me. Saturday?

I had actually wondered exactly that. Other than club rules, what would stop me from going down there and shooting some targets safely? I just wouldn't go down to the Perry land. My membership expired, but I can renew it if that would help. Or not renew it, if the no shooting restriction somehow only applies to actual members.

I could see some officer being pressured to investigate "the range is open" and finding you. You can't have landowners permission as the landowner has a cease and desist order. I wouldn't want that fight, currently.

I could see some officer being pressured to investigate "the range is open" and finding you. You can't have landowners permission as the landowner has a cease and desist order. I wouldn't want that fight, currently.

Bummer.... Well that's no fun.

Are hunters required to get written permission of landowners before hunting on a property? I'm not sure anything is "in season" right now. Maybe dinosaurs?! I'm dead certain there is no explicit prohibition on hunting dinosaurs.

Law requires permission shooting within 300' of an occupied dwelling, but there are no occupied dwellings nearby.

Common law in New Hampshire gives the public the right of access to land that's not posted. You won't find that in state law books, because it is common law, going back to the philosophy of New England's early colonists and supported over the centuries by case law.

Are hunters required to get written permission of landowners before hunting on a property? I'm not sure anything is "in season" right now. Maybe dinosaurs?! I'm dead certain there is no explicit prohibition on hunting dinosaurs.

Law requires permission shooting within 300' of an occupied dwelling, but there are no occupied dwellings nearby.

And you could argue that you are not part of the "club". It would be like arguing a traffic ticket on the side of the road. Except everyone is armed. Not a good fight at this time. I hate the Perry's more and more each day.

Easy:

We don't have permission from anyone. We just found a nice piece of land to shoot.

When the owner is contacted, he calls us bad boys, tells us to leave and we leave.

No one presses charges or pursuits it any further.

We say "sorry" and give him money for "clean up".

Back
Top Bottom