Mosin Obrez - SBR or Pistol

Funny, I just came into the NFA forum to post about my lust for an Obrez. I'm starting to think that the chief in Worcester won't approve a Form 1, so I'm looking into other options.

Meanwhile, I realize you could do it without involving the feds with an antique Mosin, but I'd feel awful ruining one. I was thinking more along the lines of a Type 53 because they're beat to **** anyways.

Just use the antique receiver and a crap barrel. Of course, pulling the barrel might take more effort than scratchbuilding a new receiver.

Just use the antique receiver and a crap barrel. Of course, pulling the barrel might take more effort than scratchbuilding a new receiver.
This is way too involved. I want this thing to look gnarly, all scratched and cut down with a hacksaw. I'd feel bad doing that to a genuine antique, and I'm not building a receiver when there are MILLIONS out there in the wild

If this works out I will give you guys a heads up where/how, those who want one, can get one.
I'm surprised there is this much interest in Obrez-s (sp?), I though I was one of a few who was crazy enough to wants 'one' (read: a wrist broken).

Because of no reply from the ATF Tech Branch and convoluted info results I did a Form-1 for SBR. I'll keep researching non the less and will post any new results.

here are demilled barrels, used to go for 20-80$$:

sot12.jpg~original

There are not firearms, although you can lock the bolt into them. Tie that to a small piece of 2x4 and you got your obrez. It's a single shot, you don't really need a magazine.

Because of no reply from the ATF Tech Branch and convoluted info results I did a Form-1 for SBR. I'll keep researching non the less and will post any new results.

it's a SBR. so you did the right thing.

a member here has done it and i shot it two NES shoots back in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom