Most outrageously priced thing ive seen since i looked at the classifieds

There are some guns for which there's a very small universe of buyers, and those buyers might not see it the first half dozen times it gets bumped. Not saying this fits that category, but one of the first rifles I bought was one of the earlier DSA FALs, back when they were building them with extremely clean surplus parts kits. Seller wanted $900 for it. I saw the listing, noted that it had been kicking around for a while and had been bumped several times, and bought it anyway. Maybe it was priced high for the timeframe (2009), maybe there was just a glut of awesome guns in the classifieds back then (there were lots), but I still consider it one of my better scores on here.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the most outrageously priced thing I saw in the classifieds were indeed preban Glock mags, but they were from someone moving out of MA last year and basically tossed NES a bone at $60/per, including squares. I recall being at work at the time, or I otherwise would have snagged all of them he had myself. Meanwhile, square notch are fetching like $180-200 these days.

Not true, some guns are just garbage that won't appeal to anyone. There are guns that you can literally list for basically the cost of a transfer and not be able to get rid of it because anybody with a brain realizes that some guns are just an inherently stupid proposition. Like for example I have a Davis 38 derringer in one of my safes. You know what i could make off that? Nothing. It would literally cost me more money in time to sell it than what it's not worth.

Think of guns on like a hot crazy scale. Anything above a 6 on crazy is stupid and anything below a five on hot is a waste of time.

The guns that fall into the dead zone on that chart are literally a waste of money and time.

Nobody wants to admit it but there is a lot of trash out there. There are a ton of guns the dealers will not willingly buy at any price unless they're forced to. There's a good reason for that, lol.
I'll give you $5 for the Davis

rare = probably not so rare, and something nobody cares about. or just simply ugly. people recognize real rare, so don't bother. and your special, unique serial number doesn't typically qualify as rare. also, something isn't rare just because everybody else on earth was too smart to touch it.
Which reminded me to post this week's episode in the
Toby from Cape Gun Works on the Grace Curley Show thread.

Check out the story about getting screwed on buying a pair of guns for $8K. (IIRC).
Very close to the beginning of the show.

$1,000 Glocks!

It is not any classified; it has rainbows, Unicorns and explosions.

The Glocks have the super fast machined slides with cute holes everywhere to collect dirt and ultra accurate, no bullet drop, barrels. They are ultra rare sniper Glocks.

If you are lucky enough someone burnt the sh*t out of the grip so it looks like the surface of the moon.

Now I'm not a m&p guy and if you shoot 40's im convinced your a sub species of human that just isnt developed enough to use a 10mm. Those out of the way this is not a knock on either of those 2 products

Tripped off the side of my porch/deck looking at a glock w/ a red dot and a spare barrel for $2200 last night...
Funny you mention that. I used to say " How the hell can Glock run that much? " I bought a brand new Gen 3 Glock frame from Deans Safety and found out lol After I totaled up the parts even I was in shock ! $1831.15 with no mags or holster. I could've been more budget conscious but it is what it is. Zev02.jpg Zev03.jpg Zev01.jpg

Funny you mention that. I used to say " How the hell can Glock run that much? " I bought a brand new Gen 3 Glock frame from Deans Safety and found out lol After I totaled up the parts even I was in shock ! $1831.15 with no mags or holster. I could've been more budget conscious but it is what it is. View attachment 887536View attachment 887537View attachment 887538
Base gun is about 500. A good optic is at least 400, excellent one more like 700.

It adds up.

Funny you mention that. I used to say " How the hell can Glock run that much? " I bought a brand new Gen 3 Glock frame from Deans Safety and found out lol After I totaled up the parts even I was in shock ! $1831.15 with no mags or holster. I could've been more budget conscious but it is what it is. View attachment 887536View attachment 887537View attachment 887538
And to be clear, the frame was not the cost driver. That was $225 or $250 with all the oem internals. Look elsewhere for the cost drivers

Back
Top Bottom