• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MUSTER CALL! MASSACHUSETTS STATE HOUSE July 27, 2022 from 11am to 2pm

A reply from my U.S. Rep Lori Trahan on a letter I sent her...

View attachment 650552

Lori Trahan
3rd District, Massachusetts​

August 15, 2022

Mr. Enbloc
Lowell, MA

Dear Mr. Enbloc,

Thank you for contacting my office and sharing your opinions on gun violence. While our opinions may differ, I value hearing from you and will take this opportunity to share my thoughts.

The United States is the only nation in the world where gun violence is a common, everyday occurrence. On a daily basis, 321 Americans are shot, 111 of whom are killed. Further, eight children or teenagers a day are accidently shot due to an improperly stored or misused firearm. In 2022 alone, there were more than 300 mass shootings. These numbers are staggering.

I respect and share your commitment to upholding the Constitution's 2nd Amendment rights. However, I don't believe that the Founding Fathers envisioned an America where civilians could obtain semiautomatic and automatic weapons without a background check and wipe out a crowd of children in seconds. The shootings in Uvalde, Texas, Buffalo, New York, and Highland Park, Illinois are stark reminders that no one, not even elementary school children are safe from the threat of widespread gun violence. To protect our children, community members, and local law enforcement from such violence, we need laws that will prevent an 18-year-old, who had previously expressed intent to harm others, from purchasing two AR-15 style assault weapons and more than 300 rounds of ammunition. With 19 more innocent children killed due in large part to decades of inaction, it is past time to pass legislation that can prevent these senseless mass shootings and acts of violence.

Addressing the mental health epidemic is an important part of fixing the high rate of gun violence in our country, and I have supported increased funding for mental health programs through the American Rescue Plan, which will allow schools and healthcare providers to more effectively assist in mitigating high risk individuals. However, there remain many loopholes that allow those with mental health issues to purchase high-capacity magazines and semiautomatic weapons. By expanding background checks and implementing red flag laws, the government can prevent guns from getting into the wrong hands.

For those reasons, in June, I voted in favor of the bipartisan Protecting Our Kids Act and the Federal Extreme Risk Protection Order Act of 2022. These pieces of legislation would prohibit the sale or transfer of certain semiautomatic firearms to individuals who are under 21 years old, establish new federal criminal offenses for gun trafficking and related conduct, establish a federal red-flag program, and increase funding for mental health and school safety programs. While both bills would create new federal standards, these regulations are already the law in Massachusetts. In fact, Massachusetts regulations are credited with our state having the second lowest rate of gun deaths in the United States.

As a mother of two young daughters in public schools, I believe that we must take urgent action to address gun violence and protect our children, our educators, and our communities. We're fed up with living in fear of our friends or family members falling victim to preventable gun violence. In the face of such tragedies, we have the opportunity, and obligation, to advance commonsense measures that will save lives.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I always appreciate hearing from you and hope you will continue to share your views with me. If I can ever be of future assistance to you, please do not hesitate to call my Lowell office at (978) 459-0101. To receive regular updates on this and other congressional issues, visit my website and follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
That sure is a purdy way of saying GFYS , I don't care what you think.

What a crock of anti-gun, Leftist BS. So gunz corrupt otherwise law abiding youts and encourage them to commit violent crimes against their fellow citizens. Lori's just repeating Dem talking points. I hope you replied and blew away her anti-2nd A propaganda.

BAN cars and trucks and anything with alcohol in it !!!! She is true and honest good puppet of the left.
We have to stop car violence and alcohol violence !!!!!!

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that the annual number of fatal traffic accidents dropped by 14% between 2004 and 2018. In the same period, the number of fatalities fell from about 43,000 to 36,000 per year. Of these, over 30% were the product of drunk driving.

Even though the share of traffic fatalities attributable to drunk driving was consistent, from 2004 to 2018, the number of people killed by drunk driving dropped by about 18%. From 2004 to 2011, each year saw fewer drunk driving deaths than the year before. While deaths from drunk driving were about 7% higher in 2018 than they were in 2011, deaths were still down overall.

What a crock of anti-gun, Leftist BS. So gunz corrupt otherwise law abiding youts and encourage them to commit violent crimes against their fellow citizens. Lori's just repeating Dem talking points. I hope you replied and blew away her anti-2nd A propaganda.

I'm sending her a dick pic...

BAN cars and trucks and anything with alcohol in it !!!! She is true and honest good puppet of the left.
We have to stop car violence and alcohol violence !!!!!!

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that the annual number of fatal traffic accidents dropped by 14% between 2004 and 2018. In the same period, the number of fatalities fell from about 43,000 to 36,000 per year. Of these, over 30% were the product of drunk driving.

Even though the share of traffic fatalities attributable to drunk driving was consistent, from 2004 to 2018, the number of people killed by drunk driving dropped by about 18%. From 2004 to 2011, each year saw fewer drunk driving deaths than the year before. While deaths from drunk driving were about 7% higher in 2018 than they were in 2011, deaths were still down overall.
1662222495886.png 1662222513357.png 1662222527664.png

Back
Top Bottom