• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MUSTER CALL! MASSACHUSETTS STATE HOUSE July 27, 2022 from 11am to 2pm

E-Blast from my REP in US Congress.

Titled: "Protecting the Rights We Cherish"

Representative Lori Trahan
Friend,

The Supreme Court’s disastrous decision to overturn Roe v. Wade is harming millions of women across the nation. The stories we’re hearing from Republican-controlled states are devastating, and it’s tragically only the start.

Over the past couple weeks, we’ve taken swift action to respond to the decision. This is how it went:

We voted to protect abortion rights once and for all. 209 Republicans voted no.

We voted to protect access to birth control. 195 Republicans voted no.

We voted to protect same-sex and interracial marriage. Over 150 Republicans voted no.

As a mother, those votes terrify me. The fact that nearly every Republican in Congress is willing to put politics above the rights that the American people cherish is infuriating.

I’m fully committed to the fight to protect the rights of my daughters – the rights of all our children. We will not go back.

Sincerely,
Lori Trahan Signature
Lori Trahan
Member of Congress

Last edited:

Friend,

The Supreme Court’s disastrous decision to overturn Roe v. Wade is harming millions of women across the nation. The stories we’re hearing from Republican-controlled states are devastating, and it’s tragically only the start.

Over the past couple weeks, we’ve taken swift action to respond to the decision. This is how it went:

We voted to protect same-sex and interracial marriage. Over 150 Republicans voted no.

As a mother, those votes terrify me. The fact that nearly every Republican in Congress is willing to put politics above the rights that the American people cherish is infuriating.

I’m fully committed to the fight to protect the rights of my daughters – the rights of all our children. We will not go back.

Sincerely,
Lori Trahan Signature
Lori Trahan
Member of Congress
I delete all of her emails. Disgusting.

Good idea to take people shooting (why I got an Instructor license) but that is always going to be very limited.

The Free State Project in NH believes they are making a difference with 25,000 people out of a population of 1.4 million. 1.85%.

There are roughly 350,000 licensed gun owners In MA out of a population of 6.9 million. 5%. But we can’t do anything. If every one of us wrote one letter a year, it would make a difference. If some of the people here put the same effort into legislative action they do to complaining here, we’d be moving in a more positive direction.

Massachusetts: The Whiner State.
Problem with MA gun owners is many are a bunch of useless idiots that support more government.

25K votes in NH and 350K votes would make a difference, if people didn't vote like morons.

Good idea to take people shooting (why I got an Instructor license) but that is always going to be very limited.

The Free State Project in NH believes they are making a difference with 25,000 people out of a population of 1.4 million. 1.85%.

There are roughly 350,000 licensed gun owners In MA out of a population of 6.9 million. 5%. But we can’t do anything. If every one of us wrote one letter a year, it would make a difference. If some of the people here put the same effort into legislative action they do to complaining here, we’d be moving in a more positive direction.

Massachusetts: The Whiner State.

Serious question.. What difference does writing a letter once a year make?

Since MA is a "whiner state", writing a letter once a year will change it in your opinion?

Problem is a LOT of gun owners in MA are Libs and Dems, hell a bunch of you actually take them shooting thinking they are going to change their vote or something. Logically the only way to make a difference is to have all gun owners in a single district.. With gun owners spread all over the state, the combined vote of all of them doesn't mean a thing no matter how many letters you write because it won't win an election for the politician. Conservative/Libertarian/Ind gun owners are simply outnumbered in this state. And when it comes to politicians, the only thing that matters is numbers.

as I posted earlier in this thread we had 5000 at a GOAL rally on the Common in the mid 90's with media coverage and it did NOTHING to change our legislators opinions and that was over 25 yrs ago. I used to have a Senator and Rep who were A+GOAL supporters but now have 2 Leftists who I'm sure wouldn't even speak to me. My Rep won't even reply to my emails because she's such an arrogant Leftist. It would have been a waste of my time to show my face and could be detrimental to my health and well being.

"Problem with MA gun owners is many are a bunch of useless idiots that support more government."

Doesn't matter, even if 500,000 showed up at the State House it would have been reported as a insurrection and the riot police would have been deployed. The Dems are not stupid, the reason for the Jan. 6 hearings are twofold, to prevent Trump from running again and to weaponize any Republican/Conservative govt. protest. They have the lamestream media in their corner and WE would NEVER get a positive spin on any protest. This is why we need to be disarmed, our weapons are the only defense we have against total enslavement by the Leftists and they know it. Remember what Mao said, "Political Power Grows out of the Barrel of a Gun"

a weekday at 11am. Typical GOAL BS. What a crappy organization.

They could have done it at 6pm on a Saturday, but the State Whores would be closed. So there's that.

I recall going to the last Yacino rally in 99 or 00 or so. There were a few hundred of us. Cool April or so day. What happened? Nothing. Just plain nothing.

a weekday at 11am. Typical GOAL BS. What a crappy organization.
Generally legislators are not at the statehouse on the weekends, best time to see them is during the week.
The most successful lobby days that I've been apart of have appointments booked ahead of time.

Sadly this event will probably be glowing and stacked with mobys.
I'm out of touch. No idea here.

Maybe it felt different because this was a done deed and a lost cause before we even heard about it. [thinking]
The timing was all off. Wasn't this originally to promote GOAL's bill? Then the MA Legislature came out with an amended bill, and upstaged everything?

Been doing these for many years, going back before Hudson Rally seeking "Shall Issue". Spoke at least 6 times. Froze out in North Brookfield. Got the Boston Police Commissioner to admit they were putting useless laws on everyone in the state under the guise of trying to fix city crime and specifically gang problems. This time the notice was too little, too late, too confused.

This state needs a PAC for this. Then we will have lobby (GOAL), courts (Comm2A), and voting ("pac"); to cover all facets.

Problem with MA gun owners is many are a bunch of useless idiots that support more government.

25K votes in NH and 350K votes would make a difference, if people didn't vote like morons.
Add to that: Massachusetts is hemorrhaging Conservative Gun Owners to other States and We are doomed...

Add to that: Massachusetts is hemorrhaging Conservative Gun Owners to other States and We are doomed...

No. That's a good thing. At least, that's what I'm told at least twice a week.

Better is when liberal morons decide that THEY don't want the MA BS anymore and leave to go to the same places (NH, south, TX, etc.,) that conservatives went - they are SHOCKED they have to fight in this new place.

GO FIGURE! LOL

No. That's a good thing. At least, that's what I'm told at least twice a week.

Better is when liberal morons decide that THEY don't want the MA BS anymore and leave to go to the same places (NH, south, TX, etc.,) that conservatives went - they are SHOCKED they have to fight in this new place.

GO FIGURE! LOL

1659027590046.png

The timing was all off. Wasn't this originally to promote GOAL's bill? Then the MA Legislature came out with an amended bill, and upstaged everything?

Been doing these for many years, going back before Hudson Rally seeking "Shall Issue". Spoke at least 6 times. Froze out in North Brookfield. Got the Boston Police Commissioner to admit they were putting useless laws on everyone in the state under the guise of trying to fix city crime and specifically gang problems. This time the notice was too little, too late, too confused.

This state needs a PAC for this. Then we will have lobby (GOAL), courts (Comm2A), and voting ("pac"); to cover all facets.
You must admire the filthy corrupt leftist DimocRAT pols on this one. They beat us like Grant took Richmond... worse, in fact. They were quick, ruthless, cunning, conniving and even had a good cover story to fall back on (they were just fixing the law to comply with Bruen like the good little pols that they are). Add the veto-proof super-majority leftist Dim situation and we never stood a chance. :mad:

I am an old man. Like many here, I have been to more pro-2A rallies, demonstrations, hearings and "lobbying days" than I care to think about. Few did any good, but I went anyway... even when it cost and it hurt. But you also have to be smart enough to know when you have been beat. Was this the proverbial hill I wanted to die on? No, it was not.

More DimocRAT anti-2A shenanigans are coming and I will be back in Boston to object to them I am sure. The Dims have promised us a whole lot more anti-gun pain & misery and I'll be there to fight it. But I have to admit that I have a whole lot more hope in Comm2A and similar court-based efforts (FPC et al) than I do in GOAL. The days when GOAL had any real influence with our pols are far behind us now.

You must admire the filthy corrupt leftist DimocRAT pols on this one. They beat us like Grant took Richmond... worse, in fact. They were quick, ruthless, cunning, conniving and even had a good cover story to fall back on (they were just fixing the law to comply with Bruen like the good little pols that they are). Add the veto-proof super-majority leftist Dim situation and we never stood a chance. :mad:

I am an old man. Like many here, I have been to more pro-2A rallies, demonstrations, hearings and "lobbying days" than I care to think about. Few did any good, but I went anyway... even when it cost and it hurt. But you also have to be smart enough to know when you have been beat. Was this the proverbial hill I wanted to die on? No, it was not.

More DimocRAT anti-2A shenanigans are coming and I will be back in Boston to object to them I am sure. The Dims have promised us a whole lot more anti-gun pain & misery and I'll be there to fight it. But I have to admit that I have a whole lot more hope in Comm2A and similar court-based efforts (FPC et al) than I do in GOAL. The days when GOAL had any real influence with our pols are far behind us now.
It's time for Sherman's March to the Sea...

1659029789076.png
1659030330478.png

Last edited:
If Jan. 6 taught us anything it's that the Leftists have no problem destroying the lives of Patriotic citizens to achieve their goal of total control. We're a few steps away from Fidel Trudeau's Canada where any resistance to govt. mandates will result in financial ruin and imprisonment. Any protest against Leftist decrees from the Biden admin or Leftist State's mandates will result in you/me being placed in a data base of potential resisters who need to be monitored and watched. Since we know they can hack/monitor our computers and cell phones and Democracy is dead in this country we need to be smart about our public displays. Keep your powder dry my friends.

Friend,

Sincerely,
Lori Trahan Signature
Lori Trahan
Member of Congress
Sorry twat waffle, you either protect everyone's rights or f*ck right off.

The time to petition government for a redress of grievances has long since passed.

Wake up. They hate you. This country hates you.

A reply from my U.S. Rep Lori Trahan on a letter I sent her...

1660588280223.png

Lori Trahan
3rd District, Massachusetts​

August 15, 2022

Mr. Enbloc
Lowell, MA

Dear Mr. Enbloc,

Thank you for contacting my office and sharing your opinions on gun violence. While our opinions may differ, I value hearing from you and will take this opportunity to share my thoughts.

The United States is the only nation in the world where gun violence is a common, everyday occurrence. On a daily basis, 321 Americans are shot, 111 of whom are killed. Further, eight children or teenagers a day are accidently shot due to an improperly stored or misused firearm. In 2022 alone, there were more than 300 mass shootings. These numbers are staggering.

I respect and share your commitment to upholding the Constitution's 2nd Amendment rights. However, I don't believe that the Founding Fathers envisioned an America where civilians could obtain semiautomatic and automatic weapons without a background check and wipe out a crowd of children in seconds. The shootings in Uvalde, Texas, Buffalo, New York, and Highland Park, Illinois are stark reminders that no one, not even elementary school children are safe from the threat of widespread gun violence. To protect our children, community members, and local law enforcement from such violence, we need laws that will prevent an 18-year-old, who had previously expressed intent to harm others, from purchasing two AR-15 style assault weapons and more than 300 rounds of ammunition. With 19 more innocent children killed due in large part to decades of inaction, it is past time to pass legislation that can prevent these senseless mass shootings and acts of violence.

Addressing the mental health epidemic is an important part of fixing the high rate of gun violence in our country, and I have supported increased funding for mental health programs through the American Rescue Plan, which will allow schools and healthcare providers to more effectively assist in mitigating high risk individuals. However, there remain many loopholes that allow those with mental health issues to purchase high-capacity magazines and semiautomatic weapons. By expanding background checks and implementing red flag laws, the government can prevent guns from getting into the wrong hands.

For those reasons, in June, I voted in favor of the bipartisan Protecting Our Kids Act and the Federal Extreme Risk Protection Order Act of 2022. These pieces of legislation would prohibit the sale or transfer of certain semiautomatic firearms to individuals who are under 21 years old, establish new federal criminal offenses for gun trafficking and related conduct, establish a federal red-flag program, and increase funding for mental health and school safety programs. While both bills would create new federal standards, these regulations are already the law in Massachusetts. In fact, Massachusetts regulations are credited with our state having the second lowest rate of gun deaths in the United States.

As a mother of two young daughters in public schools, I believe that we must take urgent action to address gun violence and protect our children, our educators, and our communities. We're fed up with living in fear of our friends or family members falling victim to preventable gun violence. In the face of such tragedies, we have the opportunity, and obligation, to advance commonsense measures that will save lives.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I always appreciate hearing from you and hope you will continue to share your views with me. If I can ever be of future assistance to you, please do not hesitate to call my Lowell office at (978) 459-0101. To receive regular updates on this and other congressional issues, visit my website and follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom