• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nasty Anti-Gun Legislation Potentially Looming in RI

When I said that the Mass legislature reinstated a seat belt mandate
after it was repealed by initiative petition
what did you think I was referring to -
some other time the Mass legislature reinstated a seat belt mandate
after it was repealed by initiative petition?
I thought you meant something relevant and this century. I definitely am not up to date on Mass referendums so I thought it was pertinent to what was going on now

Hearing rumblings that the Senate did NOT pass the mag bill? If that's the case that's pretty damn sweet!!
The mag and AW ban is not in the bill - this time. Perhaps this was the best the R's could do in order to avoid losing that territory, but it is still a unilateral territory loss, and a gain by the other side.

Wpri is reporting that the senate version of the mag bill was not advanced to the full senate, that the house version is going to the full senate, where it will pass of course.

So, mags over 10 rds with no grandfathering will be the law in RI.

Time to gtfo. This place sucks.

The mag and AW ban is not in the bill - this time. Perhaps this was the best the R's could do in order to avoid losing that territory, but it is still a unilateral territory loss, and a gain by the other side.
They try every year. I don't think anyone's foolish enough to think this the end. We have to deal with this shit every year but every year it's stopped, it's a success. But it will definitely be back next year just like every year

Wpri is reporting that the senate version of the mag bill was not advanced to the full senate, that the house version is going to the full senate, where it will pass of course.

So, mags over 10 rds with no grandfathering will be the law in RI.

Time to gtfo. This place sucks.
This is some bullshit right here. House bills have H-1234. Senate bills have S-1234 and they mirror one another. The house passed theirs and the senate didn't pass theirs.?! So now the Senate votes on H-1234 even though they didn't pass their version? Wow. This state likes to make sure they suck

They try every year. I don't think anyone's foolish enough to think this the end. We have to deal with this shit every year but every year it's stopped, it's a success. But it will definitely be back next year just like every year
You have good posts, but I tire of having to work to try to unsee your avatar. Perhaps something more appetizing like a pile of dog excrement would be in order.

So, is there several thousand more government made felons in RI tonight or not?

So, is there several thousand more government made felons in RI tonight or not?
Apparently it was pushed through with an “Immediate Procedure”, bypassing the judiciary committee. And was then passed in the Senate. It still needs to be signed by the Governor…

Apparently it was pushed through with an “Immediate Procedure”, bypassing the judiciary committee. And was then passed in the Senate. It still needs to be signed by the Governor…

Thanks

We need to remember that Little Rhody has, over time, become a worse and worse leftist DimocRAT Hell-hole... perhaps now the worst overall leftist DimocRAT social-welfare state in the Union. So, the real surprise is not that 2A gun rights are now gone. The real surprise is that they lasted this long. [thinking]

So, what are the odds that a court case over the lack of grandfathering succeeds to overturn this?
Will that ever happen?
This pie chart will explain all:
2rxq2i.jpg

So, what are the odds that a court case over the lack of grandfathering succeeds to overturn this?
I think pretty good after the news came out of the Supreme Court today. Thank God President Trump was in office when he was. His 3 Justices just saved the 2A along with those titans Alito and Thomas

The people of RI, like Massivetwoshitts and c***necticut, deserve what they elect! Most people outside those states are tired of hearing them whining about their politicians and their strict gun laws all the time. You asked for it, live with it!

The people of RI, like Massivetwoshitts and c***necticut, deserve what they elect! Most people outside those states are tired of hearing them whining about their politicians and their strict gun laws all the time. You asked for it, live with it!
I didn’t elect them. I also also didn’t ask for your f***.

It will pass.

State court will uphold it. Federal court would struck it if Smith was the judge and not McConnel.

Next year they will come back with a purchase permit system like what Oregon passed or what Maryland has. It will be designed to squash interest in effort to lower the number of new gun owners.

As far as SCOTUS taking it, I’ll believe it when I see it. so many people assume stuff when they ignore all what happened in the past. For example, we never hear from the goofball who kept insisting open carry would be ruled a right after Bruen… I think he is laying low.

The gun-grabbers have really learned the long game and the value of incremental gains.

The RI ban was my last straw on working within the system. Time to Balkanize.

I didn’t elect them. I also also didn’t ask for your f***.
Seriously though, and to your point, there are still many great and wonderful people in southern NE but that entire area has changed into a liberal cesspool that would be unrecognizable 20 years ago.

How do you fix that? Certainly not at the voting booth IMHO! The GOP and the NRA are both a joke! The liberal political machine has become too powerful in the entire southern NE area (they cheat with impunity) and the voting system has been too far compromised to trust it.

There seems to be no way out other than moving to a different state

The gun-grabbers have really learned the long game and the value of incremental gains.

The RI ban was my last straw on working within the system. Time to Balkanize.
People forget that RI and NY share a border. RI should be annexed by New York. That way others don’t have to suffer under their 2 senators and one of their congressmen.

It would be funny too because the RI machine could never keep up with the NY machine.

Seriously though, and to your point, there are still many great and wonderful people in southern NE but that entire area has changed into a liberal cesspool that would be unrecognizable 20 years ago.

How do you fix that? Certainly not at the voting booth IMHO! The liberal politicians have become too powerful (they cheat with impunity) and the voting system has been too far compromised to trust it.
Universal suffrage is universal suffering.

RI was a dead man walking when the majority of the population either works for the state, or they are very close to at least 1 person who does.

Ideally, state employees would be barred from voting in state/local elections. Same for federal employees in federal elections.

Same for those on assistance for more than 2 years in a 7 year period to vote in any election. it’s all a conflict of interest.

Go ahead and pass it now while the Supreme Court is set up the way it is. The more states that spit in the face of the Bruen decision the better it is for the majority of gun owners because I can't believe the Supreme Court standing by and allowing states to purposely give the court the middle finger. The Supreme Court has never been disrespected as much as it is right now so I do expect them to snap back

Rhode Island would have to agree to be annexed to New York. I don't see it happening.

I also don't see any so called assault weapons ban surviving a federal court challenge.

The one in NJ has just had a second injunction issued.

People forget that RI and NY share a border. RI should be annexed by New York. That way others don’t have to suffer under their 2 senators and one of their congressmen.

It would be funny too because the RI machine could never keep up with the NY machine.

Back
Top Bottom