need some advice on a new LTC in Hudson Ma.

The way I see it, unless your job asks you to SPECIFICALLY live in a certain town (LEO, perhaps? I dunno) then it should be fairly easy to avoid the red towns. It seems that even around a see of red towns there is always a green one or two nearby. I almost bought a house in Walpole because it was the PERFECT house for me, but then balked instead of putting in an offer because I knew I could find something in a surrounding town, given some time.

Unfortunately, he's already moved to a red town, and the problem with the bolded portion of your quote is that even if you live in a green town, you're just one job change (CoP) away from it turning red. It's hard to plan a future based upon something so uncertain.

I'm sure you'd agree that the gun laws in MA are severely broken and need to be changed.

Unfortunately, he's already moved to a red town, and the problem with the bolded portion of your quote is that even if you live in a green town, you're just one job change (CoP) away from it turning red.
Yup. While we don't have kids, it would still be a big deal for us to sell the house and move. We've lived in our home for almost 20 years, and are not looking to move. I'm sure it is even harder for folks who have kids in the school system.

Unfortunately, he's already moved to a red town, and the problem with the bolded portion of your quote is that even if you live in a green town, you're just one job change (CoP) away from it turning red. It's hard to plan a future based upon something so uncertain.

I'm sure you'd agree that the gun laws in MA are severely broken and need to be changed.

Yup. While we don't have kids, it would still be a big deal for us to sell the house and move. We've lived in our home for almost 20 years, and are not looking to move. I'm sure it is even harder for folks who have kids in the school system.

I misread the OP and thought he said he was looking to move, not that he had already moved. I was speaking to someone who is looking to move but has not yet done so.

Exactly. Not only that, but finding affordable housing with good schools in commuting distance to your job/friends&family, in a town with low taxes, a history of good money management and in an environment that you prefer is not an easy task when it has to be green too.

Its pretty easy to get especially for work. I live in Hudson and got my LTC A for work and they were kind about it. Hudson maybe RED but its not as bad as other towns that are RED. Good Luck fellow Hudson Resident! :p

Back
Top Bottom