• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for April 2009!

Felt1.jpg

For the record, he had his own seat bag!

Also, the best deals for Garmins are going to be on Amazon. Their prices fluctuate daily, but I've seen the 705 go for lower than my cost occasionally!

PaulD, say the word and we can get you kitted out with SRAM Red. How bout an SRM or a Cinquo with a Garmin 705 as well?

For the record, he had his own seat bag!

Also, the best deals for Garmins are going to be on Amazon. Their prices fluctuate daily, but I've seen the 705 go for lower than my cost occasionally!

PaulD, say the word and we can get you kitted out with SRAM Red. How bout an SRM or a Cinquo with a Garmin 705 as well?

Heh, we'll see how the finances go over the course of the year. I'd likely go with Force instead of Red also.

I actually want to do the build myself. I find working on bicycles to be very relaxing. I'll definitely be stopping by when the time comes though.

Heh, we'll see how the finances go over the course of the year. I'd likely go with Force instead of Red also.

I actually want to do the build myself. I find working on bicycles to be very relaxing. I'll definitely be stopping by when the time comes though.

I would go with the new Rival over Force, more features and only slightly heavier.

Picked this up today... SW M&P 9MM Full Size, To hopefully start out in USPSA shooting.

Did I get lucky? 2nd pic shows "CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED"

mp9mm.JPG

magdis.JPG

Last edited:
WeedWhacker: your trigger is likely unmitigated ass (aka, the "Ma**h*** trigger"). It's probably crunchy and greater than 10#. Get it to a smith and have the regular 5.5# trigger installed. Makes a world of difference.

Dude..... kick ass.. is it RTR? Whens the next wheelin date [smile]

got this on saturday....my second time buying it haha [laugh]

I've seen a small number of them without the disconnect. Part of the earlier runs I guess?

Yea seems that way..

WeedWhacker: your trigger is likely unmitigated ass (aka, the "Ma**h*** trigger"). It's probably crunchy and greater than 10#. Get it to a smith and have the regular 5.5# trigger installed. Makes a world of difference.

I do plan on sending in to greg derr anyway you look at it. Darn ma**h***s !!

Last edited:
Nice truck. You ever get over to the Northeast Online Wheelers Forum? (NEOW).

Check it out. I am Starvin on there also.

i think i got band from there about 3 years ago and havent been back since [laugh]

Dude..... kick ass.. is it RTR? Whens the next wheelin date [smile]

ya she is good to go, should be on the road this week. motor has 36k on it [grin]

In my last years edition of the Smith and Wesson catalouge there was a MA approved model both with and without the mag disconnect. Two different model numbers. i would venture a guess that if you wanted to wait for an order to come in you would be able to order it.

I've seen a small number of them without the disconnect. Part of the earlier runs I guess?

Back to the guns...

Figured I'd get this back to a gun thread, went out for my own little three gun shoot the other day and realized that I hadn't posted pictures of two of them that were acquired during the winter, and my AR had a fake can installed so I figured I'd show that as well. So, here they are, first the two "new" ones acquired this winter.

My 10/22 with new Hogue Stock and flash hider installed, it's also proudly wearing my 40+ year old sling. I'm definitely going to get those extra 6 points I need to make rifleman now!
IMG_8400.jpg

shot of the business end,
IMG_8402.jpg

My new Garand, what a beautiful shooter, it's a 1955 SA all matching! I'm very proud to own this rifle for all that it represents. If I could hang it in my living room I would.
IMG_8403.jpg

close up of the receiver
IMG_8406.jpg

And finally my AR, with new fake can. Originally JDL built it for me with a YHM Brake and I did not like it, sent a lot of concussion back at me and raised hell with people beside me on the line. The can is MUCH better and gives it a good look.
IMG_8410.jpg

The business end.
IMG_8411.jpg

The scope is a cheapy and is on it's way out as soon as I get the funds together to buy a Leupold MRT. (help me save! I have a great digi cam for sale in the "yard sale") [grin]
Thanks for looking!

My new acquisition for April is not a gun but a new house in NH, I just sign for it yesterday. I don't have any pics because my camara is still in my house in MA.

Best of the month by far. (until Fred posts some engraved revolver that's worth half my house)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom