• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for April 2009!

I picked up a 1941 Springfield Armory M1 Garand sn 330,xxx, 2 days after the Garand arrived, I inherited a 1915 Colt 1911 sn 212,xxx, and a 1929 Eastern Arms .410
0405091830a.jpg

0405091831a.jpg

before I sanded and restained the stock:
0405091217.jpg

After sanding and staining:
0405091443.jpg

Just picked this up from the guys over @ Zero Hour.

Spikes Tactical SP-15 carbine w/ flip up BUIS, Eotech holosight (The AA version), forward grip, 5.11 sling and 140 rds of ammo (all they had was wolf and surplus.
IMG00221.jpg

IMG00222.jpg

sorry for the pic quality, spending $ on EBR's cuts into the digital camera budget.

My first post in this section, fresh back from Hartford, Ct. for some repair and trigger/action work. Looked for one of these for a long time, hope this picture thing works.
ColtAnaconda.jpg

Rifle is not new but just got it back from the gunsmith. This is my SIG 556 and he threaded and installed a muzzle brake and pinned the LMT Sopmod stock, adjustable only with a tool.

P4230001.jpg

P4230002.jpg

Last edited:
New (to me) Squirrel Gun

Stopped at R&R in Belchertown today, and got a deal on this Glenfield Model 60 w/ a Weaver D-4 scope. Its my new squirrel gun, literally [smile][wink]

The reciever is all gunked up and needs a good cleaning, but I took it out behind the house right when I got home and ran some Federal bulk pack stuff through it without a problem.

The trigger is nice on it, and I think the inlays on the stock are just cool!

***Stay tuned for a post in the Build It Yourself section...I'll be refinishing the stock with either tung oil or BLO***

On to the pic's...

DSC01440.JPG

DSC014441.JPG

DSC014501.JPG

DSC01449.JPG

^Ahhhhh!!!! There's a tree rat on my rifle!!!!!^

What a co-inkydink. I just got the same Glenfield Marlin 60 with the squirrel stock as well. Alot more beat up than yours though. I am also thinking about refinishing the stock and painting the barrel, feed tube and receiver. Anything I do will make it look better than it does now.

What is the first two numbers of the serial? It's strange to see the last round lock back with the squirrel stock as open bolt feature is inherent in the new models. Maybe it was a stock swap in the newer receiver?

When I took it out and put a few rounds through it today, the bolt didn't lock back. If you pull the bolt all the way back, and push the lever in, it will hold the bolt back; which is what I did for the picture.

The serial begins with 22XXXXXX

Last edited:
So mine's a 1978? Cool, thanks for the info. If thats the case, its in pretty good shape for being that old.

One thing I did notice is the crown on the barrel doesn't look like its the best machining. I assume its factory. Is it worth getting it recrowned or is it good enough as is?

not a gun but still neat

My S&W M&P spring assist knife showed up last night. It's pretty nice and not bad for $35. My blackberry takes crap pics so here's a stock photo and a video of me testing the action.

41691347_9496069_thumbnail.jpg

Video

I picked up a 1941 Springfield Armory M1 Garand sn 330,xxx, 2 days after the Garand arrived, I inherited a 1915 Colt 1911 sn 212,xxx, and a 1929 Eastern Arms .410
0405091830a.jpg

Nice..A Garand and a Colt 1911 in the same pic....priceless ( i see a new gun gallery thread coming on)

My S&W M&P spring assist knife showed up last night. It's pretty nice and not bad for $35. My blackberry takes crap pics so here's a stock photo and a video of me testing the action.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/umass97civic/41691347_9496069_thumbnail.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v380/umass97civic/?action=view&current=VID2000013.flv"]Video[/URL][/QUOTE]

Is that a lock on the side?

Nice knife!

Okay, so I told myself last night that I wasn't going to spend anymore money on guns unless it was something that was on my "list" or one of those once in a lifetime deals. Well I made the mistake of stopping by John's shop on my way to work and ended up with this:

IMG00030.jpg

Italian made Beretta 92FS with my 4 pre-ban Italian mags that I aquired a while back. It was all black like the M9 and made in Italy so I just couldn't say no. $650 OTD was what I paid and the mags were $76 shipped for all 4.

Back
Top Bottom