New Acquisitions for April 2011

Ooh, BJ, that's a beaut.

That's not from ZHA, is it? I was ogling that last month when I met SKS Ray there...
[thumbsup]

ETA; it took some time and caressing, but Jim and I came to an agreement [wink]. It's at my FFL's in Pawtucket, I'm just waiting for my 7 days to "cool off".

Last edited:
That 29 is a beauty! [cheers]

You should be warned that Model 29s are like chips and 1911s - nobody can have just one. [pot]

2011-04-05131101.jpg

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Every time I tell myself that when the time comes for me to get a hand cannon, I'll pass by the .44 magnum for something bigger, someone comes by and waves a S&W 29 in my face. Awesome purchase.

Every time I tell myself that when the time comes for me to get a hand cannon, I'll pass by the .44 magnum for something bigger, someone comes by and waves a S&W 29 in my face. Awesome purchase.

I'll be honest, I bought this because I needed a hand canon in my collection. I was looking at Desert Eagles in .44 and .50AE, S&W .500's, and the .460's. There is just something about the Model 29's that kept me going back to look at them...... I think it's the sexy factor.

The .44 magnum is such a classic round. And the fact that you can shoot .44 spl is great, too. I think I am talking myself into a .44 range trip soon. [laugh]

The .44 magnum is such a classic round. And the fact that you can shoot .44 spl is great, too. I think I am talking myself into a .44 range trip soon. [laugh]

It is. I keep thinking that if I'm getting a gun for the sheer giggle factor, I might as well get something with the extra giggles. But then...

I suppose I'll just have to get both [smile]

I'll be honest, I bought this because I needed a hand canon in my collection. I was looking at Desert Eagles in .44 and .50AE, S&W .500's, and the .460's. There is just something about the Model 29's that kept me going back to look at them...... I think it's the sexy factor.

S&W sure knows how to make a damn fine looking revolver.

S&W sure knows how to make a damn fine looking revolver.

Hell yea they do! I was checking out the S&W website because I am looking for the same thing,
and they got that new kick ass section specifically for these types of firearms:

handcannons.jpg

[rofl]

Racking my brain trying to think what you'd have that it would fit.... Cetme maybe?

Front- and rear sight adjustment tool for Artillery Lugers a.k.a. Lange Pistole 08.
Very likely a repro, but I thought it looks cool.
Somewhen in (early ?) 1917 the adj. front sight was phased out and replaced by a drift blade.
The pattern is inconsistent, as there are specimens of 1917's with
- adj. front and rear
- adj. rear only, front = drift blade

Last edited:
Hell yea they do! I was checking out the S&W website because I am looking for the same thing,
and they got that new kick ass section specifically for these types of firearms:

handcannons.jpg

[rofl]

Alright... you got me. I went and looked.
[rofl]

I'll consider it a late April fools. [smile]

I do plan to be posting my first firearm by the end of this month (*fingers crossed*), but these were a late birthday present to myself. I used to carry a CRKT Crawford-Kasper folder ... ROCK-SOLID self-defense folder (big as a fixed blade), so I decided to downgrade the folder to something more utilitarian.

My first Spyderco (Tenacious), have always loved Kershaws (Clash), and have wanted a Cold Steel Kobun for about 10 years.
blades_open.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of new acquisitions:

Colt Sporter pre-ban lower. threw a MEGA upper on it and an LMT enhanced BCG and a BCM Gunfighter charging handle. Don't know if these will be on the final gun, but I'll be building an SBR as soon as I get the tax stamp.
ColtAR-PreBan_00006.jpg

Rossi lever action rifle in .45LC 16" barrel. I probably should have cleaned it before snapping pics... I just noticed the fingerprints all over the stock, lol. The wood on this gun is absolutely gorgeous.
Rossi45LC_00006.jpg

I do plan to be posting my first firearm by the end of this month (*fingers crossed*), but these were a late birthday present to myself. I used to carry a CRKT Crawford-Kasper folder ... ROCK-SOLID self-defense folder (big as a fixed blade), so I decided to downgrade the folder to something more utilitarian.

My first Spyderco (Tenacious), have always loved Kershaws (Clash), and have wanted a Cold Steel Kobun for about 10 years.
blades_open.jpg

I'm a huge spyderco fan. Check out the para military 2, easily my favorite all around knife. it's light as a feather and razor sharp.

I'm a huge spyderco fan. Check out the para military 2, easily my favorite all around knife. it's light as a feather and razor sharp.

Yeah, every one of these was hair-popping sharp right out of the box (yes, I do have the new-knife hairless patch on my arm). I will check out the para military 2 (though, for $30, I don't know if you can beat the Tenacious!), and the Kobun is just a WICKED knife. One thing I especially like about the Tenacious is that you have four different options for the clip, which makes it the winner vs. the Kershaw, I think.

Back
Top Bottom