New Acquisitions for April 2011

are you using a Triple Head to Go set up or two video cards ?

NVIDIA Surround. Two cards, SLI, 2D/3D multi monitor output. Just like ATI's Eyefinity drivers.

Picked this Glock30 up today in trade from Devilman:
cff560ba.jpg

It would be nice of someone could post a picture of a gun without people getting their panties in a bunch about stupid fa10 forms. Let's just be gun owners for a day.

so again [rolleyes]

agreed. So... that un-molested pile of Argentinian parts that I posted a while back were getting in the way of my AK part hording, so I decided to put them all together. It's not entirely done- the bipod and carry handle aren't on, locking shoulder is on order, and it won't all go together before I get my "british black" spray paint to cover it and bake it, but it's nearly there. After fuggin around with the bipod and carry handle, I figured they were too much of a PITA to install twice.

Also, for the law nazis- that is a muzzle brake, yes. It's old as hell from the late 90's in the AWB days- bore is about as wide as the barrel (this doesn't allow the flash to be contained in the muzzle device), and the exhaust holes actually disperse in the line-of-sight ("flash" dumps into field of view). So Don't Get Up My Ass About It Being A Flash Hider You Law Sucking Butt Pirates. Permanently attached to my Virgin Argentinian Stick.

IMAG0798.jpg

Right arm of the free world, complete. Now I might build an AR after I finish my two Soviet AKs. You might be able to see a few of those parts in that picture...

Last edited:
Right arm of the free world, complete. Now I might build an AR after I finish my two Soviet AKs.

NICE!

But, damn it. You had to refresh my wants to do this.

Also, for the law nazis- that is a muzzle brake, yes. It's old as hell from the late 90's in the AWB days- bore is about as wide as the barrel (this doesn't allow the flash to be contained in the muzzle device), and the exhaust holes actually disperse in the line-of-sight ("flash" dumps into field of view). So Don't Get Up My Ass About It Being A Flash Hider You Law Sucking Butt Pirates. Permanently attached to my Virgin Argentinian Stick.

LOL at the law loving butt pirates rant. CLASSIC!

But, damn it. You had to refresh my wants to do this.

It's a fairly easy build. It was a virgin parts kit, so there were a few "ins and outs" that aren't typical with a FAL build- I didn't need a barrel vise as a 27mm open ended wrench worked in torquing it into the receiver. There were some parts (like the carry handle and charging handle) that needed complete assembly. But it was easy enough. It's expensive though- $350 (receiver), $550 (virgin FAL kit with bipod), $120 (922r compliance parts), $100ish (build specific tools) ~ $1,100 ish. Since I'm splitting the tool cost with my friends in other parts of the country, I won't have them for a while to loan out as I'm shipping them out for a build party of theirs.

And ammo for these things... holy shit. $400 for 1k of german surplus. What a PITA! This ain't no AK that's for sure.

love it.

also that's a great looking gun.

My first handgun S&W model 4053. I shot a friends 3953 and liked it so I'm glad I found this one in .40
Ran 4 mags worth yesterday with no issues except that it shoots a little low.
4b4316ba-40de-01c7.jpg

4b4316ba-4b9f-4eee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
agreed. So... that un-molested pile of Argentinian parts that I posted a while back were getting in the way of my AK part hording, so I decided to put them all together. It's not entirely done- the bipod and carry handle aren't on, locking shoulder is on order, and it won't all go together before I get my "british black" spray paint to cover it and bake it, but it's nearly there. After fuggin around with the bipod and carry handle, I figured they were too much of a PITA to install twice.

IMAG0798.jpg

Right arm of the free world, complete. Now I might build an AR after I finish my two Soviet AKs. You might be able to see a few of those parts in that picture...

Beautiful! I must have one of these, but I can't have it neutered. Just seems criminal to neuter a FAL. :(

Beautiful! I must have one of these, but I can't have it neutered. Just seems criminal to neuter a FAL. :(

do like I did and get a muzzle brake that's a replica of the combo flash hiders. There are other options for muzzle brakes or "fake" muzzle devices, but they're harder to find as a lot of these parts stopped being produced at the sunset of the federal AWB.

Or... pony up for a pre-ban.

Massachusetts sucks.

Last edited:

Somebody needs a hug....

Here is my NEWEST "addition"!!!!!
Smith & Wesson 460V 5" barrel...sorry the pics aren't better, cheap camera [thinking]

117_0592.jpg

The "Smith Brothers"!!! and I don't mean the cough drops![laugh]

My S&W 460V and it's baby brother, my Bodyguard 380 [smile]

117_0597.jpg

Smith & Wesson 460V 5" barrel...sorry the pics aren't better, cheap camera [thinking]

117_0592.jpg

117_0597.jpg

Hey!!!! That was me next to you at the counter at S&W!!!! I picked up my new BG380.. now it's my turn to post up my April guns.. another stupid month.. I gotta stop... for a little while. quick count.. 6 guns this month, God help me.. :)

You gotta save money for ammo now Turbo! LMAO! I ended up buying a box of 460, a box of 45 Long Colt, and a box of 454 Casull! LOL! had to make sure I covered all the bases! It was great meeting you today though! We'll hafta get some range time in at S&W sometime soon! :)

My latest addition. Just picked it up today from GFA in Natick. Can't speak highly enough about Greg and Jay. Will definitely be buying from them again.
It's a S&W Mdl 10-5 (1962). In nearly perfect condition!

IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

Aloha,
Doug

You gotta save money for ammo now Turbo! LMAO! I ended up buying a box of 460, a box of 45 Long Colt, and a box of 454 Casull! LOL! had to make sure I covered all the bases! It was great meeting you today though! We'll hafta get some range time in at S&W sometime soon! :)

Was great meeting you too.... a real live NESer and neither one of us knew it!! Yep, I bought a few boxes for my 500.. not cheap. When I first mentioned purchasing one, everyone told me I had to start loading my own shells so I went out and found a Dillon 550 with all the goodies, still collecting stuff and setting it up.. soon I'll get to reloading.. So anytime you want to go, send me a PM, I always go up on Monday nite after work and sneak over during the day when I can... These are my April purchases, 5 of 6, waiting on another Ruger Mark III hunter 5.5 SS. Here is my models 36, 10-7, 19-4, Ruger Mark III and my new little baby, BG380.. enjoy.

Attachments

• April guns-1.jpg
    April guns-1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 74
Nice piece Doug. I was tempted by that revolver when I saw it at GFA. It is in incredible condition, especially being almost 50 years old.

My latest addition. Just picked it up today from GFA in Natick. Can't speak highly enough about Greg and Jay. Will definitely be buying from them again.
It's a S&W Mdl 10-5 (1962). In nearly perfect condition!

IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

Aloha,
Doug

117_0592.jpg

117_0597.jpg

Man, you're taking to this like a 'duck to water' since getting your LTC.

Outstanding!

Back
Top Bottom