New Acquisitions for August 2016

Didn't see a thread, so I figured I'll make one!

Just came home from Patriot Arms with a Bodyguard

4ffc150da1b71f9f15670e26753f09b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Here are a few shots of my "Maura's gone Full Retard" purchases:

Pre '94 ban IMI Galil Model 372 (5.56mm), along with seven preban 35 rd mags:

Galil201_zps8br2er6p.jpg

29b54a9a-9964-4b8e-9814-062f71696a02_zpsznvgazqe.jpg

IWI X95. I like this more than the Tavor, as it addressed some of the issues I didn't like with the Tavor, namely location of mag release, and charging handle. Visually I like the cleaner lines, as well.

X95202_zpsgxffhmsd.jpg

Keep up the good fight!

Chris

Congrats on the BG 380. I just picked up a G42 and got some Hornady Custom XTP rounds for it. What are running with yours? I'd like to try those Lehigh XD 65gr rounds at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are a few shots of my "Maura's gone Full Retard" purchases:

Pre '94 ban IMI Galil Model 372 (5.56mm), along with seven preban 35 rd mags:

Galil201_zps8br2er6p.jpg

29b54a9a-9964-4b8e-9814-062f71696a02_zpsznvgazqe.jpg

IWI X95. I like this more than the Tavor, as it addressed some of the issues I didn't like with the Tavor, namely location of mag release, and charging handle. Visually I like the cleaner lines, as well.

X95202_zpsgxffhmsd.jpg

Keep up the good fight!

Chris

Nice choices. I picked up a different model genuine pre-ban Galil a long time ago and the Tavor a few years ago. Great guns.

Well, not as nice as the Galil or Tavor, but picked up a nice Enfield No.4 MK1 that came with everything I'd need to reload 303. Will be hitting the range this week to see how well she does.

enfield_zpsmyafvyok.jpg

Congrats on the BG 380. I just picked up a G42 and got some Hornady Custom XTP rounds for it. What are running with yours? I'd like to try those Lehigh XD 65gr rounds at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just have some Fiocchi 90gr JHPs. They were the only hollow points the shop had when I bought it. I love the Hornady XTP stuff. I run Critical Defense in all of my guns except for my M1911a1. It doesn't feed hollow points reliably. This is my first .380, so I'm exploring the different options. My friend gave me some East German 9x17 90gr FMJ. That stuff runs great.

image.jpeg
Just got this today. My Grandfather got this off of a dead German when his P.O.W camp was liberated. It's a tear gas gun. My cousin had it for years and just gave it to me today.

View attachment 174431
Just got this today. My Grandfather got this off of a dead German when his P.O.W camp was liberated. It's a tear gas gun. My cousin had it for years and just gave it to me today.

wow, very interesting piece of history. are there any proof marks of any sort on it? godbless your grandfather

Last edited:
View attachment 174431

I remember something like that my grandfather had. If I remember right the cartridges were something like a .22 short.

I've owned handguns for 35+ years, but just got my very first rifle; yeah... strange, huh? Don't even know where to start with this thing... Remington 40-X with J. Unertl 20x scope. Except for a few rounds through my son's AR recently, I haven't even shot a rifle since summer camp in the late 60's - early 70's. Should be fun getting to relive part of my childhood. Of course the .22's we used at camp were a little lower end, but seemed pretty awesome to me when I was 10-15 years old. Also picked up a Ruger NM Blackhawk .357.

remington 40-X-6.jpg remington 40-X-2.jpg remington 40-X-4.jpg Ruger Blackhawk 1.jpg

Didn't see a thread, so I figured I'll make one!

Just came home from Patriot Arms with a Bodyguard

4ffc150da1b71f9f15670e26753f09b5.jpg

My Congrats too on your BG 380. I bought American Gunner ammo, both JHP, and FMJ with it. Mine shoots very well. The trigger takes a little getting used to, but I think its a nice gun for its size. Good luck with yours, and have fun.

My Congrats too on your BG 380. I bought American Gunner ammo, both JHP, and FMJ with it. Mine shoots very well. The trigger takes a little getting used to, but I think its a nice gun for its size. Good luck with yours, and have fun.
It was an awesome gun! My SUV died today, so it was part of a trade towards a truck. God damn she purrs.. I'll post better pics tomorrow

98f0bba45f03bbaa62c2b09b2af9399c.jpg

9aa363973bd36193619dffaa7bae739a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom