New Acquisitions for August 2016

It was an awesome gun! My SUV died today, so it was part of a trade towards a truck. God damn she purrs.. I'll post better pics tomorrow

98f0bba45f03bbaa62c2b09b2af9399c.jpg

9aa363973bd36193619dffaa7bae739a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Please do!

That thing must fly.
Popped a wheelie in front of my house. ZZ4 with a TH400 tranny. It was dyno'd at 410 RWHP and over 400ft/lbs of torque. Gonna make a thread soon because I need suggestions on stuff as this is my first pickup.
Please do!
da8c3d519fd43e0de440c2cbf8997a11.jpg

0eeca9a03f1e86a3207060ce3a6ce342.jpg

You guys would kill me if you knew what I paid for it [emoji6]

wow, wicked nice sleepah hey. [wink]

suggestions if you keep doing wheelies:
U-Joints
Drive shafts
Axle shafts
Tires

lol

How close is the passenger side valve cover to the blower housing? My buddy put a ls1 in an older s10 and I had to modify the side of the blower housing to clear. It's a tight squeeze.

410 Rear wheel HP? Come on now..looks like stock heads not Alum, Definitely Not a ZZ4...Just busting them and I'm sure it flys..
I have done a few Engines Myself and Raced

Last edited:
It looks like a traditional style warmed over small block chevy, they engine is probably from a truck and with a hot cam they intake and carb probably produces 350 HP at the flywheel. Which is why it is fast that is still an excellent power to weight ratio, to get 410 at the wheels you need almost 500 hp at the crank.
The intake, carb, and valve covers are from a ZZ4 crate engine that they transferred over to that engine.

Dean

PS: have fun

It looks like a traditional style warmed over small block chevy, they engine is probably from a truck and with a hot cam they intake and carb probably produces 350 HP at the flywheel. Which is why it is fast that is still an excellent power to weight ratio, to get 410 at the wheels you need almost 500 hp at the crank.
The intake, carb, and valve covers are from a ZZ4 crate engine that they transferred over to that engine.

Dean

Thanks! I'm gonna run the numbers on the block

Dean

the valve covers would not be interchangeable.
The zz4 (L98) head has centerbolt valvecovers

Can't get the casting number without ripping out the engine. It's in a really shitty spot. I'm just gonna contact the original owner that did the swap. She's a keeper, but I'd like to know whats actually under the hood for my own knowledge and if I ever sell. I'm 110% sure the tranny is a TH400

Can't get the casting number without ripping out the engine. It's in a really shitty spot. I'm just gonna contact the original owner that did the swap. She's a keeper, but I'd like to know whats actually under the hood for my own knowledge and if I ever sell. I'm 110% sure the tranny is a TH400

My Self if they told me it was one thing and it turns out to be something different. Id be looking for some kind of compensation back. Opinions may Vary.

is its pan shaped like Illinois?
or a square with a corner missing?

My Self if they told me it was one thing and it turns out to be something different. Id be looking for some kind of compensation back. Opinions may Vary.
Long story short, I'm into it for VERY little money. I'm really not concerned
is its pan shaped like Illinois?
or a square with a corner missing?
Which pan are we talking about? Oil or transmission?

Derek (or another mod), can we please move this? I don't want to clutter up the thread with unrelated stuff

All my Blocks were this #
All 4 bolt Mains. You might be able to see the # but hard in a Vehicle like that where the Engine is Tight. The last one I did had 401 HP and was a cheap Budget build to stay in the 12's in the 1/4 nothing crazy. Dart heads, 292 Comp cam, Harland sharp roller rockers. Etc.
sdc16305.jpg

Last edited:
Franchi Instinct L in 20 GA... My new upland bird and clays gun. Hopefully there will be a retreiver puppy to go along with it soon.
image.jpg
image.jpeg

New home for the firearms. Took advantage of the Eastern Security Safe group sale.

So I was too cheap to pay for installation so they left it in my garage. Luckily I had what I needed to move it around.

20160801_095314_zpsws60tbpf.jpg

In its new home

20160820_200327_zpsdnrrzjpg.jpg

20160801_122131_zpsl4cyiwtm.jpg

Winchester 94

My first lever action rifle 30-30 Winchester 94. Made in 1958 and has some blueing wear where it was carried but otherwise in excellent shape. Need to clean and then will take to the range.

Attachments

• winchester_94_2.jpg
    winchester_94_2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 74
  • winchester_94_1.JPG
    winchester_94_1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 67
Local gun store find last week. My wife drew my attention to it, as I had completely missed it in the display case. I think she secretly works with the shop people to take my money.

1971 or thereabouts Dan Wesson 15 (pork chop shroud) in .357 Magnum, 2 barrels, box, papers, tool. Only thing missing was the gap gauge but I already have one for my DW 22. Very good condition and previous owners(s) may have use the 2" barrel more than the 4", but not that much overall.

Cleaned it up tonight, and its going to the range tomorrow.

IMG_1202_zpsghkmm50k.jpg

IMG_1206_zpsr524hiev.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom