• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions For August

Just picked up this latest addition to my collection:

pix911281703.jpg

pix553763216.jpg

pix275979016.jpg

It's a S&W 5946. The 5946 is the DAO version of my 5906.

The gun is in mint condition and I believe the APD marking is Austin Police Department.

Just picked up this latest addition to my collection:

It's a S&W 5946. The 5946 is the DAO version of my 5906.

The gun is in mint condition and I believe the APD marking is Austin Police Department.

Nice. Is it just me or does that trigger look really short for DAO? Is there anything special about the action (i.e. non-hammer-cocking DAO, etc.)?

Nice. Is it just me or does that trigger look really short for DAO? Is there anything special about the action (i.e. non-hammer-cocking DAO, etc.)?

Yes, it is short. It's sort of a fast action trigger in that the hammer is halfway back when you begin pulling the trigger.

Intrigued by SKS Ray acquisition in April and also got a chance to shoot Ray's awesome revolver, I started my hunt for 44 mag snub. My quest is completed this month. This revolver quickly become my new love. I'm in search for IWB hostler so she can stay close to me. [smile]

When you find one that works well let me know. I ended up with an OWB holster from Triple K for mine.

Intrigued by SKS Ray acquisition in April and also got a chance to shoot Ray's awesome revolver, I started my hunt for 44 mag snub. My quest is completed this month. This revolver quickly become my new love. I'm in search for IWB hostler so she can stay close to me. [smile]

e7fa557d.jpg

9e2d0a98.jpg

WHOA, this qualifies for the hand cannon of the month award!
Nice baby, let us know what it does to you shooting full house loads such as 23 grs of H110 behind a
240 grs jacketed bullet.

My latest toy.

I've always liked the lines of a Tommy gun. There is just so much "cool" factor to these things. I know a guy who has had one for several years and I knew he hardly ever shot it so I worked out a trade with him for a G-30 that I never use plus a little cash. It looks just like this. tommy.jpg

Auto-Ordnance 1927-A1 Deluxe. Five digit S/N. It came with 4 30rnd sticks and a case. No, not a violin case. [sad] Oh well, that will give my wife a yard-sale goal for tomorrow. [smile]

Picked this up from a fellow NES'r last week. First gun purchase in awhile. Thanks again Steve!

IMG_0615.jpg

Sweet, is that the HK SL6? I am not familiar with HK whatsoever but that is a good lucking rifle. Knowing the HK pistol prices I can imagine how pricy this would be! Enjoy that bad boy!

I've had my eye out for a Marlin 39A for a long time, I know they made a lot of them, but they don't seem to turn up on the used market very often. If they do, they usually get snapped up pretty quick. I guess most people that own them tend to keep them forever.
I got extra lucky with this one, it's a 1971 vintage "Article II", NRA 100th Anniversary edition.
What's different from the standard model is the octagonal barrel, Lyman peep sight and NRA Medallion on the receiver.
I saw it at ZHA back in the Spring, but didn't have the cash in my pocket at the time.
I went in there today to do my part by flipping the bird to the Devaluator, low and behold it was STILL THERE!

[banana][banana][banana][banana][banana]

Marlin_39A_1.jpg

Marlin_39A_2.jpg

Marlin_39A_3.jpg

Marlin_39A_4.jpg

I've had my eye out for a Marlin 39A for a long time, I know they made a lot of them, but they don't seem to turn up on the used market very often. If they do, they usually get snapped up pretty quick. I guess most people that own them tend to keep them forever.
I got extra lucky with this one, it's a 1971 vintage "Article II", NRA 100th Anniversary edition.
What's different from the standard model is the octagonal barrel, Lyman peep sight and NRA Medallion on the receiver.
I saw it at ZHA back in the Spring, but didn't have the cash in my pocket at the time.
I went in there today to do my part by flipping the bird to the Devaluator, low and behold it was STILL THERE!

[banana][banana][banana][banana][banana]

Nice Marlin!

Received my ZA15 lower yesterday from American Weapon Systems. Now awaiting the $400 package I ordered from Brownell's last night to complete the lower out fully.

Next month the upper assembly will likely be obtained... Can't wait, my first AR build. Soo many choices... Will be 5.56 with a 20" barrel on this one.

That's a pretty sweet Marlin! Nice find!

Here's mine. The first one is technically from July, but I had to do some fixins on it:
smith1076.jpg

Smith & Wesson 1076 10mm

And this I found today when I was out looking for something to buy to stick it to the state:
vaquero44mag.jpg

Ruger Vaquero (old model) in .44 Magnum

That's a pretty sweet Marlin! Nice find!

Thanks.
I was surprised that is was still there after four months of sitting in the rack.
I told the guy at ZHA that I couldn't believe that nobody snagged it, he said "generally my customers aren't interested in these kind of guns". That's fine with, it's mine now! [smile]

Here's mine. The first one is technically from July, but I had to do some fixins on it:

Smith & Wesson 1076 10mm

That a DAO ???

And this I found today when I was out looking for something to buy to stick it to the state:

Ruger Vaquero (old model) in .44 Magnum

Nice.
Take my advice, shooting that will be a lot more fun with a set of Bear Paw Grips.
I put a set on a New Vaquero .357 and they're contoured to fit the hand much better than the stock plowhandles.
Each set is unique and really spiffs up the looks too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bearpaw-Ruger-Grip-Store

See mine here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ons-MAY-2012?p=2370782&viewfull=1#post2370782

Ooh very nice, both of those are on my list!

Where'd you find the 1076, if you don't mind my asking?

I got it from Rich at H-S-Trading in Auburn, MA. He just opened his shop recently, good guy to deal with.

That a DAO ???

No it's Double and Single action. There's a frame mounted decocker under the slide stop.

Nice.
Take my advice, shooting that will be a lot more fun with a set of Bear Paw Grips.
I put a set on a New Vaquero .357 and they're contoured to fit the hand much better than the stock plowhandles.
Each set is unique and really spiffs up the looks too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bearpaw-Ruger-Grip-Store

See mine here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ons-MAY-2012?p=2370782&viewfull=1#post2370782

That's a purdy shooter. What are the grips supposed to do for me besides making it prettier? I'm not afraid of recoil, my S&W 500 is probably my favorite gun [grin]

No it's Double and Single action. There's a frame mounted decocker under the slide stop.

OK, I didn't see a hammer spur, thought it was DAO.

That's a purdy shooter. What are the grips supposed to do for me besides making it prettier? I'm not afraid of recoil, my S&W 500 is probably my favorite gun [grin]

It's hard to tell from the photos, but they're slimmer and contoured in a way that allows a more controlled grip, which doesn't slide down as much in your hand upon recoil.

Awesome. Did you buy the used one from Four Seasons? I have been wanting a GI for a while now, but the SR1911 has to come first. Have fun with it, they get real good reviews.

Nah, brandy-new from IDC over in Clinton MA. I did a Grand Tour of gun stores with my dad today. Four stores and I went home with that and he went home with a nice .357. One thing I don't know if I like is the little prong that sticks up in the back of the frame. I'm guessing it's a safety of some kind. It kept jamming up the slide when I disassembled it. Maybe it's the difference between a Series 70 and Series 80 type 1911, I don't know. Perhaps I just need to get used to it, but it was harder to take apart and put back together than my Para single stack 1911. Could still be because I haven't shot it yet.

Nah, brandy-new from IDC over in Clinton MA. I did a Grand Tour of gun stores with my dad today. Four stores and I went home with that and he went home with a nice .357. One thing I don't know if I like is the little prong that sticks up in the back of the frame. I'm guessing it's a safety of some kind. It kept jamming up the slide when I disassembled it. Maybe it's the difference between a Series 70 and Series 80 type 1911, I don't know. Perhaps I just need to get used to it, but it was harder to take apart and put back together than my Para single stack 1911. Could still be because I haven't shot it yet.

Congrats! And are you talking about the grip safety? Also, is it made on West Hurley NY or Worcester MA? It will be on the right side of the frame.

Congrats! And are you talking about the grip safety? Also, is it made on West Hurley NY or Worcester MA? It will be on the right side of the frame.

Nah, I think it's the "firing pin plunger lever". I don't recall seeing it on my other 1911s, so I don't know. It's a Worcester gun. I know better than to buy a West Hurley AO. [laugh]

Nah, I think it's the "firing pin plunger lever". I don't recall seeing it on my other 1911s, so I don't know. It's a Worcester gun. I know better than to buy a West Hurley AO. [laugh]

Ohh yeah you'll get used to the lever. Very wise choice avoiding the West Hurley AO. I only read bad things about it and was hoping you bought the correct one!

Zappa - Nice Marlin. Good thing you saw it first. Is that a takedown, and are they all that way? Never noticed that big screw above the trigger on any other one, but I can't recall handling one recently. My 1890 Winchester pump has a similar handscrew.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom