New Acquisitions For August

Sounds like the series 80 plunger is what holding your slide up... Just hold the gun right side up once you the slide started....
I have the same problem with my Remington r1 and the p38 I just got .

Last edited:
Didn't really buy these but got them as a gift.... Grand pa's old guns.god rest his soul.

Take home p38 slide is marked as made by wathler in 45 (ac 45) couldnt get the nazi markings to show.
Wish it was his 1911 but I assume he turned that in..

60e92927-dcad-e840.jpg

60e92927-dcb9-b9aa.jpg

Iver johnson. Very very old . So old from what ive found out it uses the .38 short colt with black powder for the charge.... Think I'm right on that info still looking up....

60e92927-dd60-59d5.jpg

Remington sportsman58 12g
Not the 3 inch shell. Version.

60e92927-dddb-6afa.jpg

60e92927-de11-12a8.jpg

60e92927-de21-5d6f.jpg

Then this one I found in my bedroom wall cubby area, when I was 6 and kept it in hiding lol. I forgot about it my self a few weeks ago when I was chasing a squirrel in my house. my dad left it when the folks split up. He wants it back now that where talking hanging out etc (20 years later) I told him its payment for not paying for my schooling . He stopped asking lol.

Arisaka
60e92927-df43-f710.jpg

Zappa - Nice Marlin. Good thing you saw it first. Is that a takedown, and are they all that way? Never noticed that big screw above the trigger on any other one, but I can't recall handling one recently.

I just did a Google Image search for "Marlin 39A" and it looks like they all have the knob.
It is for disassembly, but I wouldn't call it a true "takedown" because the internal parts will fall out if the gun is transported in this condition. A true "takedown" gun would quickly disassemble into 2 or 3 major self contained parts or parts groups.
Example, O/U or SxS shotgun, Ruger 10/22 TD or Browning Auto 22:

atd-case-1.jpg

I picked up my Yugo M59/66 today![smile] It came with a bunch of accessories and ammo. I will most likely refinish the stock because it looks pretty dry. I was at MRA this morning and I shot 40 rounds without any problem. This was my first time shooting an SKS and I can now say that I love it.

2ic5yz5.jpg

22nlhl.jpg

Picked this up about a week ago. It's a Windham Weaponry AR15 with a Leupold 3-9X40 VX-R Firedot Duplex scope bought at SL Gun Shop in Mason NH. Bought some Remington .223 and some PMC X-TAC 5.56 NATO to compare the two. Looking to shoot it today for the first time. [smile]
0022-4.jpg

001-17.jpg

I just did a Google Image search for "Marlin 39A" and it looks like they all have the knob.
It is for disassembly, but I wouldn't call it a true "takedown" because the internal parts will fall out if the gun is transported in this condition. A true "takedown" gun would quickly disassemble into 2 or 3 major self contained parts or parts groups.
Example, O/U or SxS shotgun, Ruger 10/22 TD or Browning Auto 22:

atd-case-1.jpg
Got it. Thanks for the reply. I've got that old Winchester and several shotguns that come apart and reassemble fairly easily.

Going through grandfather's basement for the umpteenth time, stumbled across this Folsom Audley A45 "safety" holster in an old GI shoulder bag. Fits my SR1911 perfectly, but tight, so probably won't use regularly due to excessive wear on pistol and difficulty of draw.

IMG00386-20120813-1355.jpg

I picked up this beauty from First Defense Firearms on Sunday, for my upcoming birthday. Its so pretty, but I cant use it till this saturday :( Crappy cell phone pic. Ill repost when I get better ones

pistol.jpg

Nah, I think it's the "firing pin plunger lever". I don't recall seeing it on my other 1911s, so I don't know. It's a Worcester gun. I know better than to buy a West Hurley AO. [laugh]

Whaaat! This is a West Hurley A.O. 45 and in my not so humble opinion it is pretty sweet!
100_6271.jpg

Of course it is not a 1911................

Whaaat! This is a West Hurley A.O. 45 and in my not so humble opinion it is pretty sweet!
View attachment 37320

Of course it is not a 1911................

Nice, but the 1911s out of NY have a crap reputation. Besides, I don't think you're going to find old NY models for sale NIB. But on the used market, sure. One of those tommy guns is on my list, though.

I want a tommy gun of my own.. Even tho my dad has one , bought it in mass he thinks there illegal , and he can get busted for the hi cap mags etc he got with it pre 94......
When he saw I change a few of the parts on my 1911 he kept telling me you can do that in mass..... He lives in mass by the way ......

I just wish I could find a cheap semi tommy gun.that wasn't a 10/22 kit or a .22 lol

Picked up a Springfield XD9 subcompact(to go with the XD9 and XD45!) - thing shoots like a dream - enough to take care of zombie clowns anyway. Also picked up a DDLES 9mm lower(plus a bunch of Uzi mags to go with it). When the ATF decides to bless me with some paperwork I'll finish it up nice + proper. Not pictured - an Eotech XPS2. [smile]

2012-08-13_20-49-30_781.jpg
2012-08-13_20-50-08_857.jpg
2012-08-13_20-50-17_468.jpg

I picked up my Yugo M59/66 today![smile] It came with a bunch of accessories and ammo. I will most likely refinish the stock because it looks pretty dry. I was at MRA this morning and I shot 40 rounds without any problem. This was my first time shooting an SKS and I can now say that I love it.

Love it, nice wood grain. I wouldn't refinish it if at all possible. Try several rubdowns of linseed oil on the stock to get it back in shape.

I don't wanna hijack the tread but I'd love to make an XDs my carry. Any idea what those go for in MA? I haven't been looking at handguns at the local shops lately.
I get distracted by silly things like Mosins... another followed me home today, 1926 marked C.C.C.P. with some other Russian writing. I'll post pictures by the weekend!
I swear to God those things multiply like bunnies...

I don't wanna hijack the tread but I'd love to make an XDs my carry. Any idea what those go for in MA? I haven't been looking at handguns at the local shops lately.
I get distracted by silly things like Mosins... another followed me home today, 1926 marked C.C.C.P. with some other Russian writing. I'll post pictures by the weekend!
I swear to God those things multiply like bunnies...

Very hard to get here in MA. My G36 took months of tracking down. An XDs with the MA premium price, and given the fact that most are sold out nationwide, I'd say around $725. Not joking either.

- - - Updated - - -

Love it, nice wood grain. I wouldn't refinish it if at all possible. Try several rubdowns of linseed oil on the stock to get it back in shape.

Ok, sound good thanks! I shot 25 rounds through it tonight. Mass Rifle was mobbed and I kept getting dirty looks from the a**hole next to me shooting his M&P9. If you don't like loud noises, GTFO. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom