• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions For August

Built my first AR lower tonight.

American Weapon Systems ZA-15 lower
DPMS Lower Kit with QMS trigger
A2 Buffer Tube kit
ACE Skeleton Stock

...now for continued shopping for an upper assembly.

Attachments

• image-298801530.jpg
    image-298801530.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 129
i acquired 30 years of debt at a 2.25% fixed interest rate... mortgage payment is less than any apartment in my area. i am pretty stoked.

snip

Perfect cost efficient style house.

Next flood season you are going to feel like a genius. A lot of people find a drive under garage tacky (might be a good add for "things people mass say"). But I can't think of a better way to ensure a house has a dry basement. If you can drive out of it, in most cases water will flow out of it.

As a drive under owner however, if the ceiling is not currently insulated consult your fire chief or town inspector on a legit method of doing so, they can cost you a lot of climate control. Don't be scared, its always a cheap fix if you are willing to put in a few afternoons of labor and basic materials. And every october, seal that garage door off like your life depended on it. I personally like to cut up foam pipe insulators for any gaps. If its a two car drive under, wall it off at the stairs up the middle of the house so its a one car drive under. Your woman will appreciate the climate controlled space for laundry and pantry.

Have a big house-warming/BBQ a little ways out while the weather is still good... gift certs will cover most of the odds and ends like that.

EDIT: if you weren't a dirty connetic*** I'd suggest an OC bbq and I'd be happy to attend. Pardon my new found NH exceptionalism [wink]

Last edited:
Finally finished putting my yhm rifle together from the group buy, upper is also yhm, Daniel defense lpk, rra Chrome bolt, green mountain 20" 1/7 twist barrel and Midwest industries 15" free float. Getting a Harris bipod, surefire supressor adaptor muzzle brake and not sure what scope to go with.

IMAG0267.jpg

Alrighty, Finally Done!... Almost! Need help on what color to have it coated now.
Specs
Stiller Predator Action Mag Boltface
Stiller 20moa Rail
Obermeyer 1-11tw MTU Contour 30cal barrel
Chambered in 300 SAUM
Manners T5A with Mini Chassis
Timney Trigger
Badger FTE Brake
Sightron 6-24x50 LRMOA
shoots .25 to .5 moa so far, only have 50rds thru her
2012-08-20+21.17.26.jpg

2012-08-20+21.17.00.jpg

I will get some better pics later.

Yeah they get hyped up, but I was hitting bullseyes at 35 feet with it, OOB (out of box) in case you didn't know the abbreviation. I highly recommend getting the 19. No brass in my face either, I guess they fixed that issue. I also like the medium sized backstrap. It glues the gun into my grip.

When we meet up I'll let you and your wife shoot it. Maybe she will steal the one you buy. [laugh]

Believe it or not, that would be awesome. I've been trying to convince her she'd love the 19... So what does she do, gets an M&P9. Haha. Still working on converting her.

Either way, they'll be one in the house shortly.

That will be great. We will have a lot of fun at the range and you will love the 19. It feels so natural to shoot it. I am a dummy for not buying this sooner. It shoots AND carries better than my SR9c. I hate to push Ruger aside.[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom