New acquisitions for December 2007

Inherited this at the end of last month so ill throw it in here.

Ruger Security Six. 1978 from that the serial number tells me.

ruger.jpg

Sharp looking wheelgun. Very nice.

Got my second Yugo 59/66 parts gun a few days ago.

100_0434.jpg

I was really hoping for one with some well done carvings but I'll settle for this one.

100_0435.jpg

Looks like a few different names on this one, or maybe names of cities, who knows. I'll have to do some research and see what I find.

100_0436.jpg

Many years of cosmolene here. I've never seen a Yugo this caked with cosmolene this dry. Looks like the CMP Springfield I got a long time ago. I may have to steam it with it and then loosen it up by soaking. I don't think the usual cleanup of a few days in a bucket of Ed's Red will cut it on this one.

100_0437.jpg

The tag said missing gas button. Both the button and spring were easy to find and cheap. I probably should have checked for a valve before I ordered the other parts. I'm hoping theres one in there but looking at the pictures I don't think there is. At least they're readily available.

100_0439.jpg

Ported grenade launcher has me thinking this one is an oldie. You don't see this on many 59/66s except for the early ones.

All in all its still a good deal for the price they're going for. Only other thing I need for it thats not listed on the tags is a rear sling swivel.

Last edited:
Two lower stripped receivers.

rra_ar0114rra.jpg

33d130d3286accae4bd38432e0f62d3f%5B1%5D.jpg

It will be SBR and pistol making time once I complete my move to NH.

Last edited:
Your son is lucky to have a Dad like you. Be sure to enjoy it with him, half of the fun of a gift like that is sharing it with your Father.[grin]
Nice wheel gun also.

Here's one I had to have:

651.jpg

It's a S&W Model 651 .22 M.R.F. Target "Kit Gun". This is an early "no-dash" version. I just got back from the range trying it out. It's a pretty good shooter.

Last edited:
Function over form. Glock 21 refurb with 2 hi caps and S&W 340pd with Hi Viz front sight. I know that these will make Pilgrim drool! LOL!

M60.jpg

Last edited:
You guys have been getting all the goodies... loving the Smith's i have been seeing and that SKS is just sweet.

100_0443.jpg

Birthday present from my father. An all matching code 26 paratrooper SKS. One more space in the collection filled.

It's a good thing that you live in the easterd part of the state. Because if we lived much closer to each other we would be fighting over all the SKS and Mil-Surps that are in the guns stores :). It looks very nice

100_0443.jpg

Birthday present from my father. An all matching code 26 paratrooper SKS. One more space in the collection filled.

Ray,

Is the bayonet a standard one? My paratrooper (Norinco) is not even built for one.

I also found this here:

Paratrooper: A sleekly modified version of the SKS who's prominent feature is a shortened barrel. Although it has a military sounding name, this type of SKS is strictly commercial and was never issued as a military rifle. Paratroopers are just as accurate as they were when they were full sized military rifles, but the shortened barrel negatively impacts muzzle velocity so the projectile will loose some of it's energy downrange. The barrel shortening technique was pioneered by Midwest Ordinance. They invited representatives from China Jin An to the US to learn the process and before long, they started making the paratroopers China. The bayonet from a full sized SKS can fit on a paratrooper, but is too long to fold so it must stay extended. Shorter bayonets have been made for this popular commercial variant, but they're so short it's almost silly looking when extended. It could put an eye out, but that's about all a paratrooper bayonet can do!

http://www.simonov.net/ubertypes.htm

I'd hate like hell to get stuck with the bayonet from my paratrooper! Its like a 10 inch screwdriver with a flat point, definitely would do some damage.
As far as original specs, no one really knows the true meaning or origin behind them much like no one really knows the Chinese specs for rifles made or even years produced. There are only rough figures from arsenal code markings and even those are skeptical because the Chinese neverreleased any concrete info on their weapons.
They are supposedly made for the US civillian market much like the Norinco sporters. Mine could have been a Sino Soviet for all I know because the date is early judging by the serial number and it is a Code 26 with Russian marked rear site and matching numbers.
I just know I wanted one for a long time and a void is finally filled. This brings me to 15 total of various types of SKS rifles. Look out Howard Bearse http://www.simonov.net/howiecollect.htm ... I'm aiming to catch up with you.[smile]

What took you so long Ray? I got my paratrooper several years ago. It even came with a pistol grip which I removed and gave away.

Using the codes I found on the internet, this was made in 1967 and has no import markings. They are way cool guns.

sks1.jpg

What took you so long Ray?

I always saw them at gun shows but usually found something else first or didn't have the cash. They usually go for around $300 these days because they're getting scarce.
BTW if you still have the metal hand guard on yours, I have an extra wood hand guard minus the gas tube from a Chinese stock. Let me know if you want it and I can bring it to the surplus shoot.

After showing the pic to the folks on the SKS boards I've found out my paratrooper was a Sino Soviet. It still has all the stamped numbered matching parts and the stock originally had a blade bayonet slot.
Gotta love when you find something you always wanted and come to find out its a little more collectable than you thought.[grin]

Not a firearm, but 'Santa' brought my first tactical flashlight today....

sf-c03.jpg

It came with a remote 'pressure' switch and a weaver mount too.

Also got a 2stage trigger and a magpull miad grip for my RRA lower. Now I just need work to give us a sweet bonus so I can complete the RRA.

=-Resized=- Sorry about that. I took that from a online site.

Fired through about 300 rounds at MRA today and so far its pretty kick ass..With Gift Certs to Four Seasons and some Xmas Money I didnt even use any Lottery Money lol!!!!

So that means tomorrow means another gun purchase lol..I really really want a 1911 but this might have to wait for a little while longer..I was looking at the glocks today too but Scully714 has me looking at some Milsurps guns!!!

Back
Top Bottom