New acquisitions for December 2007

So that means tomorrow means another gun purchase lol..I really really want a 1911 but this might have to wait for a little while longer..I was looking at the glocks today too but Scully714 has me looking at some Milsurps guns!!!

You really can't beat a 1911...Not to influence your purchase or anything [wink]

I shot Junglerotts and just loved it but i do need to save some cake for bills and the wonderful IRS which will make me pay for having 2 jobs last year..just to survive,.

Don't buy a Glock.... If you're going plastic get an M&P. Otherwise do yourself a favor and buy a 1911. Nothing is better!!! I've had Glocks, Sigs, Berettas, etc. now most of my guns are 1911's. I have a pair of M&P which are great guns but the 1911 is where it's at.

I drove over to Collector's Gallery today thinking maybe I could find something nice. I've been looking for pinned-and-recessed S&W Models 29 or 57, and they had a nice Model 29 with rubber grips for $450, but it didn't lock up quite as tight as my Model 27, and it was pinned, but not recessed, so I passed on it. Then I went upstairs into the loft and looked at some long guns. What a great selection. I brought home a really nice Remington 870 Wingmaster that was only $175, which I think is s great price for a solid trap and bird gun. Also, a Mosin Nagant called out to me and it was mine for only $89. So I got out of there for 2/3 the cost of the .44 magnum with not one but two long guns. I'm happy.

Next long gun is going to be another 870 that will get the "tactical" treatment.

Not a gun, but still pretty cool!

46.19799_d.jpg

Kershaw Chive, Christmas present from my girlfriend! I think she got sick of me eyeing and stealing hers all the time [grin] Very handy knife!

I drove over to Collector's Gallery today thinking maybe I could find something nice. I've been looking for pinned-and-recessed S&W Models 29 or 57, and they had a nice Model 29 with rubber grips for $450, but it didn't lock up quite as tight as my Model 27, and it was pinned, but not recessed, so I passed on it. QUOTE]

I couldn't pass on it: 1994 Model 29-6. 6" barrel with little wear other than the typical drag marks. I'll need to find some original grips.

Model29-6.jpg

Drove over to FS to see what they had, and walked out with this little J-Frame (1987 vintage)

Model36.jpg

Earlier in the month I had sent away for an Enfield. No. I Mk III. What I got surprised me a bit. Should have asked more questions. Instead if an early 20th Century British rifle, I got an early 60's Indian rifle. It's a '62 Ishy Grenande launching rifle (with the wire wrap removed). It's in terrible condition. I need to figure out what to do with this one. This may be a good candidate for a stock refinish/rewrap.

ISHY.jpg

Lastly, stumbled onto a Savage made No. 4. Needs some cleaning, as the internals are full of goo.
No4MK1.jpg

Enfield.jpg

Savagecloseup.jpg

Thanks,

Chris

Lastly, stumbled onto a Savage made No. 4. Needs some cleaning, as the internals are full of goo.

I've never seen a Savage Enfield that shot bad. All I've tried or have heard about are always good shooters, you'll enjoy that one.
As for the No1, most of the wire wrap Enfields were designated as such because the bores were shot out or the muzzle crowns were worn to hell. Not sure what the best thing would be to do with that one. Since its a No1 its not like you could cut it back and re-crown.
I'm PMing you a link that I just got for some really nice Enfields.

I've never seen a Savage Enfield that shot bad. All I've tried or have heard about are always good shooters, you'll enjoy that one.
As for the No1, most of the wire wrap Enfields were designated as such because the bores were shot out or the muzzle crowns were worn to hell. Not sure what the best thing would be to do with that one. Since its a No1 its not like you could cut it back and re-crown.
I'm PMing you a link that I just got for some really nice Enfields.

Can you PM that to me as well? Thanks.

I couldn't pass on it: 1994 Model 29-6. 6" barrel with little wear other than the typical drag marks. I'll need to find some original grips.

Model29-6.jpg

Wow, Chris, that didn't take too long! That was a sweet gun, and even though those grips aren't original, I really liked the way they felt. Congrats on a nice purchase. I'm going to keep looking for a good deal on an old S-series Model 29.

Just picked up a M&P9c; here it is with the MKIII I picked up earlier this month:
2712071858ow2.jpg

Since it's still December I guess it's OK to show just one photo of both. Also, the photo was taken with my phone; I need to spend less money on guns and more on digital cameras apparently [thinking]

Since it's still December I guess it's OK to show just one photo of both. Also said:
I need to spend less money on guns and more on digital cameras apparently [/B][thinking]

Blasphemy! Your pictures are fine. Save the camera money and buy another gun [grin]

Chris

I couldn't find any charged batteries for my good camera, so here's a crappy cameraphone shot of my first gun. Ruger Mk3 5.5" Stainless:
mk3.JPG

Be carefull with the braking down and putting back together!! They can be tricky!!![smile]

It actually wasn't bad at all. I don't know what the fuss is all about. Is it as easy as a glock, no, but it's not so bad. I did have someone show me the first time, and I followed along with the directions the second time and had no problems.

I think the people who have more trouble with it are the experienced gun owners who assume they know how to do it, and don't follow the instructions. The key is making sure the hammer is in the right position for the step you're on.

+10000

It actually wasn't bad at all. I don't know what the fuss is all about. Is it as easy as a glock, no, but it's not so bad. I did have someone show me the first time, and I followed along with the directions the second time and had no problems.

I think the people who have more trouble with it are the experienced gun owners who assume they know how to do it, and don't follow the instructions. The key is making sure the hammer is in the right position for the step you're on.

I found the instructions to be accurate, but they really didn't give as much information on why you were doing what you were doing or what it should look like if you were doing it correctly. Still, I managed to get mine apart and together and if my barrel wasn't such a tight fit, I'd say it's easy.

Two new ones

I just read "American Gunmaker", the biography of John Moses Browning. I then felt an irresistible urge to get a 1911

IMG_9606.JPG

I also got a Kel Tec P3AT. There is some added rubber around the grip to make it less painful to shoot.
IMG_9610.JPG

I picked this up at my favorite shop:

19.jpg

It's a S&W 2-1/2" Model 19-4, pinned and recessed, that I got for $259 plus tax. I know... I suck.

Back
Top Bottom