New Acquisitions for December 2009

Its not a gun but it shoots great! (<----corniest sentence I've ever written)

attachment.php

I been looking for a dSLR for a while now...found this on craigslist like new and cheap[smile]

Attachments

• 191810.jpg
    191810.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,214

attachment.php

I been looking for a dSLR for a while now...found this on craigslist like new and cheap[smile]

haha i like the irony of taking a crappy digital picture of a digital camera that creates gorgeous images. Very nice pick up!

Will Fred be organizing any paid tours through his gun room yet? Or does he call it a gun HOUSE yet?

I just picked up a new Kel-Tec PF-9 for my new carry weapon. It is only 12oz. and is a 9mm! Very small and easy to conceal. Also very reasonably priced and is ramped and throated.

Kel-TecPF-9.jpg

attachment.php

Nice. I have the D60, but my friend with a D40 owned me in an informal photo contest (anonymously judged by a third party). They're almost exactly the same camera. It's a great purchase. Just don't forget to bring it places like I do.

Here are my first and only guns. I got the M&P last on 11/23, the day my LTC came in. I got the Walther P22 on 11/27. I got the Benchmade Mini-Griptillian a week before my LTC came in. OK, so maybe not quite "December" acquisitions, but better late than never!

The M&P 9C:
DSC02146.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02142.jpg

Walther P22
DSC02147.jpg

The whole crew:
DSC02149.jpg

PS - turns out this is my 200th post!! It's about time I go GREEN!

Last edited:
Nice looking M&P.

For some reason everyone I know with the P22 has issues with it. I hope yours works well.
Rubber tipped bullets huh. They feel funny in your hand.

Nice looking M&P.
Thanks. As soon as I got it, I applied grip tape to all essential surfaces [grin]

For some reason everyone I know with the P22 has issues with it. I hope yours works well.
It seems all my research indicates 50/50. People either have had nothing but problems, or zero problems whatsoever. Seems alot of has to do with using high quality, high velocity ammo, or bulk crap. Haven't shot it yet, but have almost 1K mini-mags ready to go! I'll prob, grip tape that gun also.
Rubber tipped bullets huh. They feel funny in your hand.
Yeah, those are the Hornady Critical Defense (maybe you already knew that?). I've read alot of good things about them (hopefully I'll never be able to verify that the hard way!).

The thing with the P22 is it needs to be maintained. A cousin of mine owns one and he doesn't take care of it. The back sights are loose, he's had the front sight pop off and get lost. It eats up Remington value pack stuff but that wasn't always the case. I'll tell you it has a much beter trigger pull than a mosquito. So keep up with the P22 and you'll save yourself some coin and have a great shooter.

have you practice drawing the weapon from it's holster with the grip tape on? just curious if it will snag on clothes especially with an inside the pants holster

I haven't had any snag issues, but I think it's just a practice issue. Some IWB's are fleece-ish material, like mine, and some are leather, and I'm sure a few other materials. Either way, the grip tape doesn't snag on the holster or the clothing. My other rig is a smartcarry, and it slides right in and out of there with no problem. I would definitely recommend it, especially with a polymer framed pistol.

The thing with the P22 is it needs to be maintained. A cousin of mine owns one and he doesn't take care of it. The back sights are loose, he's had the front sight pop off and get lost. It eats up Remington value pack stuff but that wasn't always the case. I'll tell you it has a much beter trigger pull than a mosquito. So keep up with the P22 and you'll save yourself some coin and have a great shooter.

I agree. I've read about the things that can rattle loose and get sloppy, and also how to fix those things. I'll definitely stay on top of cleaning it and ante up for the ammo that it needs to run smoothly.
I've saved all the links to websites that address common P22 issues and offer all the remedies for trouble free plinking, so I come prepared!

New Build

Here is my first build i just completed tonight. All i need are sights which i just ordered.
Upper- Rainer Arms billet
Barrel- 20' stainless bead blasted from the Remsport GB
Lower- Stag with a stag LPK
Stock- A2 from CRSIII, thanks Carl!
BCG- From Remsport
Grip- Hogue
Fore Arm- YHM Diamond rifle length
Gas Block- Brownells low pro

4156900660_1c93f6ea06.jpg

4156900180_9010526543.jpg

4156899232_67ef0d3cdf.jpg

4156898976_b17583cfa1.jpg

Here is my first build i just completed tonight. All i need are sights which i just ordered.
Upper- Rainer Arms billet
Barrel- 20' stainless bead blasted from the Remsport GB
Lower- Stag with a stag LPK
Stock- A2 from CRSIII, thanks Carl!
BCG- From Remsport
Grip- Hogue
Fore Arm- YHM Diamond rifle length
Gas Block- Brownells low pro

[grin] nice! i got the same barrel... looking to do something similar for an upper (build)

Here are my first and only guns. I got the M&P last on 11/23, the day my LTC came in. I got the Walther P22 on 11/27. I got the Benchmade Mini-Griptillian a week before my LTC came in. OK, so maybe not quite "December" acquisitions, but better late than never!

The M&P 9C:
DSC02146.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02142.jpg

Walther P22
DSC02147.jpg

The whole crew:
DSC02149.jpg

PS - turns out this is my 200th post!! It's about time I go GREEN!

Nice. Hope to meet you at hhrg someday.

I could'nt resist buying myself an early Christmas present.
I picked up a digital camo Ruger 10/22 for a "Coyote Gun"/plinker.
I grabbed a cheep-o rim fire scope w/rings for another $40 and slapped it on.

DSC01066.jpg

I very pleased w/the fit & finish.
DSC01067.jpg

Back
Top Bottom