New Acquisitions for December 2010

Picked up the Cricket youth rifle for my son for Christmas.
Cleaned it, put 50 flawless rounds through it, cleaned it again, and wrapped it up. This really is a nice little shooter, I'm very impressed with it.
The only thing I don't like is you have to put the round in the barrel, not just drop it in and close the bolt. Other then that, I'm happy with it.
Seen one at holbrooks show for 150.00 and I passed on it. It was used and didn't look too nice. I got mine at Dicks for 85.00.

Pictures will come Christmas morning.

Very cool - I am sure he will love it. Good man!

Bought a few of these for me and my wife:

31K7sOqVd7L.jpg

07424487_kimberpepperblasteriired1.jpg

How cool it is to have an OC device that comes with a pistol-like grip and front/rear sights... My next project is to make some kydex holsters for these puppies.

In case your poor MA souls ask, I bought these 'elsewhere' and transported them via legal means. Let's just leave it like that.

Last edited:
HRA Garand

Ordered an HRA service grade from the CMP on 11/18, had the rifle in my hands on 12/10, far exceeds my expectations. Here's what she looks like after a thorough cleaning. Muzzle wear = 0+, throat erosion = 1.

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

Last edited:
170 year old veteran comes home.

This Asa Waters model 1837 martial pistol was built about a mile from my home in Millbury. These .54 caliber single shot pistols were built for the government in flintlock configuration and almost all of them were converted to percussion for use during the civil war.

IMG00038-20101216-1253.jpg

Last edited:
This Asa Waters model 1837 martial pistol was built about a mile from my home in Millbury. These .54 caliber single shot pistols were built for the government in flintlock configuration and almost all of them were converted to percussion for use during the civil war.

IMG00038-20101216-1253.jpg

So cool!! I assume its pre-ban........

Pre-ban? Hell, it's not even a firearm by law. Shipped right to my door. Didn't even need to use the C&R license for this one. [grin] It is a neat piece of local history. There is a small collection of them in the Asa Waters mansion in the center of town which is the base for the local historical society. Millbury credit union also has a small display of Waters' arms in their lobby.

S&W Model 65-3:

DSC_2264.jpg

And 1970's Blackie Collins design S&W Model 6060 Folding Hunter:

DSC_2266.jpg

Thanks to the Hankster for putting me on to both of these.

Last edited:
S&W Model 65-3:

DSC_2264.jpg

And 1970's Blackie Collins design S&W Model 6060 Folding Hunter:

DSC_2266.jpg

Thanks to the Hankster for putting me on to both of these.

What's a pard for ? You need to ditch those pac's from the S&W. Some nice service grips will look great on it. Boy ,that blade is a beauty !

You dirty, rotten guy! Where did you get that Detonics? I would love to find another one. I began to like them when I lived in Washington State when they were first being produced.

Tokarev TT-33

Tokarev TT-30

Detonic
i know i need to take better picture with real camera, not a crappy ipone.

photo.JPG

You dirty, rotten guy! Where did you get that Detonics? I would love to find another one. I began to like them when I lived in Washington State when they were first being produced.

actually this one one of the original ones .45ACP with low serial number.
by the way, Those TT's are both are all original Russian Tokarev's no import marks, all matching even mags. one of these two is TT-33 made early 1934, with red slide. those are special guns for higher officers , like Generals etc... in red Army of that time. and another one of not so many very last of TT-30 made in 1934.

Pre-ban? Hell, it's not even a firearm by law. Shipped right to my door. Didn't even need to use the C&R license for this one. [grin] It is a neat piece of local history. There is a small collection of them in the Asa Waters mansion in the center of town which is the base for the local historical society. Millbury credit union also has a small display of Waters' arms in their lobby.

Very cool!
Check out: NE manufacturers & "gun valley"

Another K98k, "243" Mauser Borsigwalde 1940, sans front sight cover & sling with some history:
The rifle was left back in Norway at the end of WWII and then saw service with the
Norwegian Coastal Artillery. Unlike i.e. the Army (Haer), the Coastal Arty didn't convert
them to .30-06 but rather left them unchanged in 8mm.
It was advertised as all matching which I likely can't confirm before Christmas.

1723ab4d.jpg

b4aa8812.jpg

dfb45719.jpg

Niiiiice.....Is that still 223 or is it 6.5G?

this upper is .223. figured i'll learn the gun shooting the cheap(er) ammo. by the time i burn up this barrel, i'll be ready to move up, and i'll have Holliger rebarrel it in 6RAT (6.5grendel necked down to 6mm and fireformed. it's supposed to be the best thing going for XTC in an AR15-based match rifle.

this is gonna be a Midrange Prone rig for me for at least this year and next year. i still love my service rifle, and i'm knocking on the door with getting my HighMaster card with it.

What are your thoughts on the RISR?

I love LaRue products and I own alot of their stuff but this is something I think I'm staying away from. The way I see it; this is a solution for a nonexistent problem. I’m a ‘nose to charging handle’ shooter so the check riser is useless unless I have the stock in the first two positions. Also I run Aimpoint T1’s on LaRue tall mounts and as of right now (without the RISR I have a perfect checkweld and line-up with my optics). I also see a huge problem if the slide gets jammed with dirt, sand or whatever because the charging handle isn’t going to be able to get pulled back.

If your using a CTR on a non AR platform then you can buy the Magpul risers for $10 and you don't have the need for the check rest to slide back.

I don't know I'm pondering the idea of one for my AR-10 but I haven't found any reviews yet.

What are your thoughts on the RISR?

I got and used the RISR on my 18" SPR for the club shoot this last weekend. Scope & irons, 10 rounds each @ 100yds off-hand shooting. I will not relay how I placed (**cough** last) [mg], as I am still a rifle newb and learning (but most importantly, having fun doing it!).

I was surprised to find that I scored better with my Troy irons than with my NF 2.5-10xx32, even while having to make a few adjustments to get the rounds into scoring rings. It seemed to me that with the RISR, my sight picture on the Troy's was near on perfect, and I was doing better than when I had shot with my irons in weeks previous. With my scope however, things were not going quite so good. I was having difficulty getting a good sight picture on the target, though I am not convinced it is entirely the fault of the RISR. While I believe it contributed to my problems, being the first time I had used it; I think I just need to work on positioning of my scope and stock for eye relief. Easy to do when when sitting at the bench and shooting on a bipod, another thing entirely when standing and shooting off-hand.

I am leaning positive on it so far, but I still need a lot more time behind the sights before I can make a final decision on whether it stays or goes.

well, i finally got around to purchasing my first firearms...went down to Four Seasons a couple weeks ago and loaded up with these beauties:
Sig 556 SCM and a S&W M&P 9mm, along with about 1500 rds of 9mm and 600 rds of .223, and the M-Pro 7 cleaning kit.
I figure that will keep me busy for a few weeks

sig556scm_full.jpg

swmp9mm_full.jpg

Now that looks like a sharp, honest, rearsenaled Kar98! [grin]
How's the bore look?

Thanks! The bore had been described as "dark" so I think that may be a major cleaning job.
I haven't received it yet and with all the traffic issues due to severe winter weather it may not
arrive in time to be put under the Christmas tree. Saves me "the looks" from the lady, lol

Sort of a firearm acquisition, it's a stock for one. After seeing Knob Creek post this in November:

DSC_2260.jpg

DSC_2258.jpg

and numerous PM's later I decided I had to have one. Well, little did I know these things(the stock) haven't been made for quite some time, and originally were sold to police departments ONLY. Hence the "For Law Enforcement Only" stamp that they all have. So the only chance of getting one was a retired 870 and even then alot of PD's didn't have them as the recoil is brutal, especially with it being all steel. I started doing some research and saw that just the stocks alone were averaging anywhere from $175 and up. After trolling gunbroker for a couple weeks and seeing them go for premium prices I managed to find one on ebay(dummy seller). Having not labeled the product well but putting up a picture, I knew exactly what it was and scored it for $127.50 today. Looks to be in great condition, and i plan on having it refinished anyway while I undergo my 80's style 870 tactical shotgun build:

RemTopFold.jpg

Once i source a good retired 870 police magnum and have it all refinished to my liking, I'll post more pics. KC if you want me to take down your two pics just let me know, I was just using them for reference.

Back
Top Bottom