New Acquisitions for December 2010

Sort of a firearm acquisition, it's a stock for one. After seeing Knob Creek post this in November:

RemTopFold.jpg

Once i source a good retired 870 police magnum and have it all refinished to my liking, I'll post more pics. KC if you want me to take down your two pics just let me know, I was just using them for reference.

You can leave the pics up. Nobody can say you aren't persistent. You were on a mission and found what you wanted. Congrats and be sure to post pictures once it's complete.

You can leave the pics up. Nobody can say you aren't persistent. You were on a mission and found what you wanted. Congrats and be sure to post pictures once it's complete.

Those things are hard to find! It's no wonder I hadn't seen one before and only saw the trash ATI stocks. Also, you STOLE yours from YA, like I said, the stocks alone sell for $175+ these days. I was persistent and I did find it. Now I just need to find the gun to put it on. That's the easy part, 870 police magnums are everywhere.

RemTopFold.jpg

Once i source a good retired 870 police magnum and have it all refinished to my liking, I'll post more pics. KC if you want me to take down your two pics just let me know, I was just using them for reference.

Gotta love when something like that pops up after thinking you're not gonna be able to get one.

Now that looks like a sharp, honest, rearsenaled Kar98! [grin]
How's the bore look?

Miraculously it has arrived today and is all matching, YEEEHAAAAW !
The r/h side of the butt shows the eagle over M as it should; Navy issue to the "Ostsee" command.
A few sweeps with a bore mop have removed some small elephants. The bore is a bit frosted towards the muzzle but not too bad. A thorough cleaning job and some 200 grs SMK followed by another cleaning job
should help a lot.
Besides the coat of lacquer on the stock it is a very honest rifle in used, but original condition minus the
Norwegian marks.
Merry Christmas to me !

Gotta love when something like that pops up after thinking you're not gonna be able to get one.

It just came today. Picture stinks but it's BEAT:

IMGP0648.jpg

some surface rust and lots of missing finish. No problem, I'm going to have it all sandblasted/stripped and refinished.

my new toy...

Bushmaster 20". Got a few weeks back...bartered some work for it. Less than a year old and only one magazine shot through it before I got it.

Bushmaster003.jpg

Merry Christmas to me [smile]

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the RISR?

I love LaRue products and I own alot of their stuff but this is something I think I'm staying away from. The way I see it; this is a solution for a nonexistent problem. I’m a ‘nose to charging handle’ shooter so the check riser is useless unless I have the stock in the first two positions. Also I run Aimpoint T1’s on LaRue tall mounts and as of right now (without the RISR I have a perfect checkweld and line-up with my optics). I also see a huge problem if the slide gets jammed with dirt, sand or whatever because the charging handle isn’t going to be able to get pulled back.

If your using a CTR on a non AR platform then you can buy the Magpul risers for $10 and you don't have the need for the check rest to slide back.

I don't know I'm pondering the idea of one for my AR-10 but I haven't found any reviews yet.

I actually like it , I run an Aimpoint 3X magnifier ( and a Comp ML3 ) so it helps out but I get your point about solving a non-existent problem I could use it with or with out. Seeing I was one of the first to order it only cost $50 bucks so it's not pricey and it could be removed at anytime with ease.

too cheap to walk away from

mossberg2.jpg

Mossberg 500
Hogue stock
Surefire foregrip
6round sidesaddle
blackhawk stock bag, currently housing 10 extra rounds of some Winchester-Olin 00Buck

Freaking love the A2. Your A4 is close enough.

The previous owner had a very nice Nikon Scope on it but unfortunately, it didn't come to me that way [sad2]

I am keeping my eyes open for a decent scope but there seems to be no middle ground on scopes that I've seen so far, they're either not what I want or they're way out of my price range.

Its actually made by Chiappa in Italy, LSI is the US importer, with Puma being the brand. Lots of names to go around!
http://www.legacysports.com/products/puma/puma_m92m86.html

ALL Chiappa M-92's have a magazine plug that limits the capacity of the magazine to five rounds.[shocked] This is a bummer if it can't be removed. Half the purpose of going with this would be the advantage of capacity in .44. Seems like a nice "bug out" gun. (-;

Where did you get it?

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that statement on their website, maybe LSI removes it? Holds 12+1 in .44 Mag (loads 13 into the magazine, then cycle the 13th to the chamber). Got it at Bass Pro Shops, $250 less than the MSRP. Had to take the floor/demo as it was the only they had as of last week, but they had only received it the week prior anyway (was pretty much spotless).

Shoots great so far, though only just had it out the once. Sights seem to be the possible weak spot, but comes ready for a Tang sight, so I plan to upgrade anyway. Appears to be a good price to performance versus other replicas I have seen. Hope to get it on the 100yd range sometime this week to see how it does vs 50yds where it was shooting over the sights lowest elevation. Once I got it figured though it was placing the rounds right on target, even hit the bulls-eye a couple of times. [thumbsup]

Oh and DAMN was it ever punching some big holes in what was my targets for .223 shooting... haha, who needs a spotting scope with .44 Mag?

Last edited:
I believe it can, but I am still looking into sight options myself. Chiappa shows that there are scope mounts for Model 92's, but I don't know if its simply screw on or if any drill/tapping is needed. It looks from Bob's Gun Parts that they have peep sight options, but again not sure if that would need drill/tap or not, though I mean to call them one of these days about upgrading my sight.
http://chiappafirearms.com/accessories/sights
http://www.gun-parts.com/peepsights/

Back
Top Bottom