New Acquisitions for December 2012

Got pics to work

ynajega9.jpg

Test fit.
qevydahu.jpg

Only a barrel and gas block left !!!
Any one wanna karma me one or sell me it on a good deal?

Early 1943 M22 Browning in 7.65mm under Nazi occupation. I replaced the grips with an original set out of Warsaw (Poland) and an original holster out of Sofia (Bulgaria).

MS

I collect mainly older US rifles and 50+ year old revolvers, but I always sprinkle in a few odds and ends that I just can't say "no" to. After making a vow to another forum member that I was done buying more guns, I have been falling off the wagon at an alarming rate. I was a kid in the 1970's, but my personal love of handguns came out of watching tv and movies of that era. My Dad was a hunting/shotgun guy, but he didn't own a single handgun. I learned from Hollywood, and here are three new acquisitions.

1) 1975 C Series Browning Hi Power (all Belgium), 2) 1978 S&W Model 27-2 with 3.5" barrel in 99% condition (the unquestioned Cadillac of S&W revolvers), and 3) 1978 Colt Series 70 Government Model.

70s.jpg

Nabbed a Gen 2 Glock 19 at Bob's yesterday. Had some cash left over and brought home a Sig SP2022 as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

photo3.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto1.jpg

Well, since that azzhole last Friday deep sixed my idea of obtaining a MAK90 at a reasonable price I decided to get myself a pump action shotty instead. Picked this up from Blue Northern today - a Benelli Supernova Tactical with ghost ring sights. I plan on adding a tube extention like in the picture and some night sights to it. I want it extra killy.

benelli_supernova_tac.jpg

Last edited:
No guns this month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356202205044.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356202205044.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 116
Just picked up my new SR-22 from Holliston Firearms (thanks, Mark!!) and dirtied up my Glock and SR1911 at the Hopkinton range on the way home.

My buddy got his wife a S&W 617 .22ca revolver... because nothing says "I trust you, darling" like a handgun for Christmas! [smile]

IMG00674-20121215-1220.jpg
Finally got to shoot the SR-22 today! Put about 100 rds of CCI mini-mag (copper plated, HP) through it, then 50 rds of CCI Blazer (lead, RN) and it ran almost flawlessly. I say almost because several times the slide didn't lock back on an empty mag. I didn't keep track if it was always the same mag or not... will have to next time.

No failures to feed, eject, cycle, fire, nada! Went bang every time.

Started off shooting a little low and to the left both at 30 and 50 ft, but the rear site adjusts for windage and elevation so it's all good now. 3 - 4" group offhand at 50 ft.

Last edited:
Just picked up this S&W model 622
Put about 150-200 rounds of Federal bulk through it with no issues.
My 12 year old really likes it and I had him shooting it yesterday.

IMG_0342_zps5efddc3e-1_zps36fb8644.jpg

I put the first mag through it to check sight adjustment at 50 feet.
Looks like it will be a nice plinker

IMG_0343_zps9bead677-1_zps5cd09e0a.jpg

No guns, but apparently tactical assault gear ended up giving in after all! I had told my sister to get me an advanced loadout bag for Christmas during the black friday sale. Once I had heard they cancelled everyones order, I stopped following all the chaos. Nice surprise to say the least! This thing is insane.

loadout bag.jpg

Santa gave me a Ruger Alaskan 44 mag today. I just got back from the range with the boy, we tried it out on some buttercup squashes and 2 litter sodas damn we had fun

467506_712811917677_389531469_o.jpg

No gun purchase, but:

Pellet stove came with the purchase of my house back in August. Just had it installed today. Also ordered a ton of hardwood pellets today. Could have bought a NICE firearm with the money spent. At least my house will be warm and I will not have to get oil anytime soon.

The pad for the stove was a nice project. Saved some serious money over purchasing one from a store. Used 5/8" plywood that I had laying around and purchased the tile, adhesive compound, grout and the trim. Total invested around $50

Last edited:
My reloading equipment arrived today!!! Bought a Dillon 550B EZ Buy set from Brianenos.com and has everything I will need to load 45ACP and 9mm ammo. Will take some pictures once everything is set up. Need to find some media, bullets, primers and powder this week so I can start to play [grin]

Back
Top Bottom